Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

PP_WebsiteImage_01_1920+%281%29.jpg

Thats a nasty alien, or monster?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Is this good news or bad news?

Dunno. I didn't played Talos yet. His personal projects looks pretentious, though.

So basically X-COM with Cthulhuan monstrosities?

Reminds me one of Gollop's Reddit AMA answers:

Actually yes, although this is a little known story. After the first X-COM I was so worn out by the development that I wanted to do something in a new direction. I proposed an X-COM style game based on a kind of Lovecraftian Chthulu mythos set in the 1930s with cults, portals into a parallel world and Nazis. Microprose said that horror games don't sell. However, some elements of these ideas did make it into X-COM Apocalypse.

ColCol

Arcane
"
Actually yes, although this is a little known story. After the first X-COM I was so worn out by the development that I wanted to do something in a new direction. I proposed an X-COM style game based on a kind of Lovecraftian Chthulu mythos set in the 1930s with cults, portals into a parallel world and Nazis. Microprose said that horror games don't sell. However, some elements of these ideas did make it into X-COM Apocalypse."

Yes, this is what I thought when I heard of this project. God I hope.

nil

Cipher
He wanted to make the tactical combat world based too, but due to technological limitations he had to settle for turn based.

Zetor

Arcane
Hell yeah. Is he going for a KS, or has Chaos Reborn made enough $$$? Looks like a D1P no matter what.

(That said, I'm secretly hoping it'll take place in the Laser Squad universe -- because we need more games in pulp sci-fi settings, dammit. Also, I'm still butthurt about that armoury droid in the last scenario murdering my entire squad...)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Watched Gollop's PC Gamer Weekender talk. Actually he announced this game there, and no one, even PC Gamer didn't reported it before the last week's "first" teaser. :?

(43:54) "This will in fact be an X-Com style game. It will have tactical turn-based missions, geoscape, destructible terrain, character progression and so on."

ColCol

Arcane
Aliens? Motherfuck!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom