Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

ArchAngel

Arcane
This is more interesting news:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoi...ing_video_qa_next_tuesday_feb_25_submit_your/

Hi all! In the run up to the launch of the Blood and Titanium DLC we'll be doing a developer video Q&A, and we want your questions for our devs!

Please comment in this thread with any questions you have for us. The Q&A will be answered by Game Designer Hristo Petkov on behalf of the team and moderated by Kevin Hill, our Community Manager, who will also be selecting questions from those submitted here and on our forums -- we'll do our best to get through as many as we can in the time we have for the video!

Note: questions don't necessarily have to be about Blood and Titanium, but they DO have to be about Phoenix Point! Off-topic, rude, personal, or otherwise inappropriate questions will be ignored.

The video Q&A will go live on our official YouTube channel on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 12 PM PST. Please get your questions into this thread or on the forums by no later than 5 PM PST this Friday, February 21, 2020.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Seems with DLC1 devs are also planning a big patch that will rebalance many things and fix many problems with the current game. Now we just need to find out when that is out.

EDIT:
Example:
Rossen Cholakov

With the free update to DLC 1, we are tripling the time window to react to impending base attacks. With DLC 2, the procurement of special defenders for Phoenix-controlled sites will be introduced in the game.

it is all here: https://phoenixpoint.canny.io/feedback
This shit sounds more like a patch than “DLC”, especially the time window tweak.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Seems with DLC1 devs are also planning a big patch that will rebalance many things and fix many problems with the current game. Now we just need to find out when that is out.

EDIT:
Example:
Rossen Cholakov

With the free update to DLC 1, we are tripling the time window to react to impending base attacks. With DLC 2, the procurement of special defenders for Phoenix-controlled sites will be introduced in the game.

it is all here: https://phoenixpoint.canny.io/feedback
This shit sounds more like a patch than “DLC”, especially the time window tweak.
There is a patch and DLC coming.

Codex Year of the Donut
just took 8 minutes for an enemy turn to complete, guess I'm done
Can you share with us are you playing on desktop or laptop, what CPU do you have, how much ram and if you got the game installed on SSD ?
desktop linux via wine, AMD threadripper 2950x, 32GiB of ram, and it's on an NVMe SSD
the issue is either wine or the game itself, but I found a bunch of people complaining about the game being slow so who knows. I found the game itself more fun than nuxcom, shame about it being slow.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Your hardware specs seem good so I would say it is due to wine. Enemy turns are slow sometimes but not 8 minutes slow.
THere is only one mission where it is extra slow but in that one there is another faction fighting aliens so you have to wait their turn as well.

Can you share with us are you playing on desktop or laptop, what CPU do you have, how much ram and if you got the game installed on SSD ?
desktop linux via wine, AMD threadripper 2950x, 32GiB of ram, and it's on an NVMe SSD
the issue is either wine or the game itself, but I found a bunch of people complaining about the game being slow so who knows. I found the game itself more fun than nuxcom, shame about it being slow.
my specs are not near that high, and its not slow

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The first of our new Q & A videos where members of the development team answer questions from the community about Phoenix Point. In this video, one of our Game Designers, Hristo Petkov, answers community questions from Reddit and the Snapshot Games forums, including information about the upcoming DLC, Blood and Titanium.

ArchAngel

Arcane
At end of video they say DLC 1 and free update that comes along the DLC are coming out on March 4th.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You are in luck. Devs said in Q&A video that with free patch that is coming along release of DLC1 they already worked on speeding up enemy "thinking" which should speed up enemy turns. And they plan on adding ways to speed up animations as well in future patches.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Patch notes for tomorrow's patch are out:

Please find the patch notes for the game balance changes in the March 4th patch.

This patch rolls out across the base game and is not part of, nor does it require the Blood and Titanium DLC.

Release notes for Blood and Titanium will follow later.

Armor Changes
  • Acid damage application now works like poison (the acid damage is subtracted from the armor each turn and then the amount of damage is reduced by 10). This increases the potency of acid by a lot but is still not a one shot mechanic.
  • Re-adjusted acid values on different items to match the new damage application.
  • Shred on weapons is increased across the board with notable mentions of Assault Rifles having base shred of 1 so that they are no longer ineffective against armor. Grenades will now have 10 Shred up from 3. Shred for the Pandorans is not increased but this change will affect human enemies.
Weapon Rebalancing
  • Virophage weapons have big buff on their damage.
  • Paralysis weapons of Synedrion have increased paralysis values.
  • Melee weapons have their damage buffed by 20 across the board.
  • Viral weapons of Anu have their effect buffed by 50%.
  • Anu mutation shooting arm has its damage increased by 25%.
Evolution System
  • The evolution system progression was advancing too rapidly from tactical battles and less from with time - we are changing this to be weighted more towards the time component making the whole progression a bit smoother.
  • We are adding a difficulty component to evolution progression effectively slowing down Pandoran evolution (encountering elite units) for easier difficulties.
ODI
  • We have made changes to the ODI to increase the pressure on higher difficulties.
    • If the player does nothing to stop the pandorans:
      • Easy - The game should end in 6 months ingame
      • Normal- The game should end in 5 months ingame
      • Hard - The game should end in 4 months ingame
      • Very Hard- The game should end in 3 months ingame
Dynamic Difficulty
  • Changed the way mission success/fail is evaluated.
  • Change the expected outcome in favor of the player.
    • These changes mean that the player performance during missions will need to be higher (fewer casualties) for the difficulty to increase.
  • Changed the effect of Dynamic Difficulty based on game difficulty (On Easy it will be much more forgiving).
Training and Soldier Progression
  • Soldiers will gain fewer Skill Points (SP) when they level up (20 down from 50) but will gain 10 SP for every successful mission.
    • This will make soldiers levelled solely with training facility less efficient then battle experienced soldiers.
  • Soldiers will continue to receive SP even at max level making maxing out a souldier possible (it will still take a lot of missions to do so).
Pandorans
  • Tritons will be able to use Priest weapons (Viral Weapons).
  • New acid mortar Chiron body part.
  • New normal/elite acid grenade launcher bodypart for Arthrons.
  • New normal/elite viral machine gun launcher bodypart for Arthrons.
Phoenix Base Attacks
  • You will now have a minimum of 12 hours to prepare and respond to an attack on one of your bases.
Stealth
  • Enemies are revealed in 5 tile radius (if they’re in LOS).
  • Attacking without a silent weapon reveals the actor if in LOS.
Factions and Missions
  • New subfaction - The Forsaken
    • Appears after Anu researches the mutation tech .
    • Can have all classes Anu have unlocked.
    • Can have all weapons Anu have unlocked.
  • Missions
    • Forsaken can appear in Havens attack missions of all factions.
    • Forsaken can appear in scavenging missions and ambushes.
    • Anu/NJ/Syn can appear in scavenging and ambush missions if at bad relations with the Phoenix Project and if they Havens close to the site.
  • Factions War
    • Reduced the rate of attacks.
Controls
  • Enabled rebindable keys.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Confused, I've been waiting for the "enhanced edition" or whatever that means the game is finally worth playing. Now it's just DLC? Should I start on this or keep waiting?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom