Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Discussion in 'Tactical Gaming' started by Infinitron, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Shog-goth Learned Patron

Shog-goth
    Strange, I thought this was done during the beta...but...sorry, I forgot 1.0 is just BB6 aka still pre-alpha. I'm embarassed for them.

LOL

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. orcinator Savant

orcinator
    Whoa nigga, you didn't think you were gonna get upgrades in this game, were you?

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    The weapon is still an upgrade now but not as much as before. Vs armor it still does a bit more damage than earlier NJ rifle.

^ Top  
  4. orcinator Savant

orcinator
    The sniper is still kinda better (don't know why the assault rifle was nerfed, I never used it due to the low damage and certainly won't use it now that it does as much damage as a single sniper round) but I take issue with them saying it's somehow bad that people picked the upgraded weapon over the other stuff (which, looking at the same tier consists of the special anti-panda rifle you get from a quest chain that has more total damage but unclear mechanics or the neural stun rifle).

^ Top  
  5. Child of Malkav Learned

Child of Malkav
    Everyone bitched that this or that is too OP pls nerf, gaem 2 ez etc. I knew that they're gonna nerf the player abilities but not touch the Pandorans HP and armor values. Armor shouldn't go past 15 and only Scylla may have have 40+ armor as she should be a boss fight.

^ Top  
  6. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Ah another whiner. L2P fool

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    What is so confusing?! It was too easy and it is still too easy. There are still at least 4 broken combos that make the game too easy.

^ Top  
  8. Child of Malkav Learned

Child of Malkav
    I don't have a problem with nerfing things (though it shouldn't get there if they had a clear vision) but instead with leaving the enemies untouched. If you nerf abilities/skills/whatever on player side you do the same on enemy side. Pandorans getting more HP and absolutely retarded levels of armor values very early with no clear or slower progression is, in my opinion, what pushed people to cheese through the game. If an enemy has 30 armor, bam, all of a sudden your AR is nothing short of useless, it will do literally 0 damage. The best tactic is to just rush NJ rep so you can get access to piercing weapons. Which is a shame. Maybe I liked Synedrion tech better. Maybe I wanted to use a Deimos AR. Oh what's that? 30 armor? Oh, I do 0 damage? Nope, not with my SR 13 Raven I don't, or with a shotgun. About shotguns, it's hilarious, everyone cried because certain skills OP (even though XCOM 2 had pretty much the exact same type of skills with same functionality, for example Rage Burst which was just Reaper's Annihilation skill, but with arbitrary limitations) but no one figured out that shotguns are the highest damage dealing weapon in the game. The cheese was made around them. The cannon in the beginning does 170-180, whereas the mercy does 200 or more and from there it goes up with the Iconoclast and Harrower all the way to 400 damage. Nothing does that much damage. Add to that Reckless and/or CQS and get lucky to have them on an Infiltrator, which btw, is very rare. But hey, let's nerf abilities, that will solve problems. Dash is now 1 AP. Fantastic design. Wasn't dash supposed to be a free move in case you misclicked? Welp, not anymore because players were creative enough to use it to formulate tactics (*gasps and murmurs are heard in the room*) around it. Ok, and even if they nerf certain guns, people will still develop cheese tactics with other weapons. All because of the fucking armor. If they kept the values down to a reasonable amount, maybe 10 or 20, all of sudden you can use most weapons, they become viable options. You might say: why don't you use berserker skills or grenades or whatever else that removes armor? I might say: why? If there are weapons that do that job better. Or maybe I don't like the berserker class. Or grenades. Whatever. But if they start nerfing weapons on the other hand they have to lower the HP/armor on enemies so we go back to what I said. Or not and they keep nerfing both weapons and skills and we'll end up doing 1 damage and the enemies become the most bullet spongy NPCs ever to pollute our desktop screens.
    Anyway, fixing this stuff requires that on the developer's side, you know, them actually knowing what they're doing, hence the vision I mentioned earlier or apparently, lack thereof.

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    So you really want to use your Assault Rifles and cannot because of armor and now you are ranting like a mad man. Got it. Still all I can add is L2P.
    Play the game to win or go play Candy Crush if you just want "to play".

• Funny Funny x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. underground nymph Educated

underground nymph
    Just saw some gameplay recently and I must say it looks decent. I feared they gave up that darky atmosphere which I liked a lot during the kickstarter, but no, it’s all there. Hopefully in a year we’ll get some really nice game. This Epic affair doesn’t look that bad after all given they will continue the development until the Steam release.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. not an artichoke Cipher

not an artichoke
    Malk - Paragraphs, man. Please.

I was enjoying this game until I tried to attack my first lair. Game bugged out and the only way to recover was to alt+tab out and force close it. Same every time I attack it. I guess I could go back and just ignore that lair but it's killing my will to play. C'est la vie. Hopefully they'll fix it.

^ Top  
  12. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Game currently has a nasty bug where it can hang during alien actions if certain things happen. Some reported killing aliens with overwatch or return fire caused it, I had it happen yesterday when they killed their own unit with AoE during their turn and then their turn never ended and I had to alt+f4 and restart the mission.

^ Top  
  13. not an artichoke Cipher

not an artichoke
    It's not the alien turn bug. As soon as I load into the battle and start to pan around, the screen freezes. I can move the cursor and click UI items and move soldiers - which respond with sound, but I can't see anything happening.

^ Top  
  14. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Try to repair your installation, sounds like it cannot load some assets properly.
    I didn't have anything similar yet in 200+ hours of playing the game.

^ Top  
  15. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Dash was for hidding when you found 12 enemies when you spend all 4 action points. Now soldiers is boned.

^ Top  
  16. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Seems with DLC1 devs are also planning a big patch that will rebalance many things and fix many problems with the current game. Now we just need to find out when that is out.

EDIT:
    Example:
    it is all here: https://phoenixpoint.canny.io/feedback

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Matalarata Arcane Patron

Matalarata
    Minchia, che culo!

• incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Jimmious Arcane Patron

Jimmious
    I'm telling ya when this comes to Steam we'll get a great game :P

• Fabulously Optimistic x 6
    • Funny x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Lets hope so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Wyatt_Derp Scholar

Wyatt_Derp
    And by the time it gets to GOG it will be perfect! Man, 2035 can't come soon enough.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    This is more interesting news:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoi...ing_video_qa_next_tuesday_feb_25_submit_your/

^ Top  
  23. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Found out this released already yesterday. Liking it more than nuxcom so far.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    This shit sounds more like a patch than “DLC”, especially the time window tweak.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)