Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
By the time this game will be complete and on steam release, Nuxcom 3 will be probably out and there is a huge possibility that PP will be completely buried by it and its 2k marketing budget.
I think they need to hurry up.
When is nuXcom 3 coming?
Has there been any announcements or even semi-believable rumours that they've working on it?

Mazisky

Magister
Oh, and btw, this DLC allow both organic and mechanical modifications to soldiers body. Totally not cloned from Xcom-Enemy Within.

Mazisky

Magister
By the time this game will be complete and on steam release, Nuxcom 3 will be probably out and there is a huge possibility that PP will be completely buried by it and its 2k marketing budget.
I think they need to hurry up.
When is nuXcom 3 coming?
Has there been any announcements or even semi-believable rumours that they've working on it?

There is nothing official but:

-Last year Jake Solomon (lead designer of both NUxcom) said they were working on something really big.
-In the last 2 years Firaxis were hiring guys for an unannounced project (of the Xcom team specifically, not Firaxis as a whole) with experience in Unreal Engine 4 and procedural levels generation.

If those aren't Xcom3 i really don't know what can be.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Or a new game based on the nuXCOM IP, like Interceptor or Enforcer.

But if they intended to release XCOM 3 this year, I think they would have talked about it by now: both XCOM 1 & 2 had less than a year between announcement and release

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have been playing the new patch and DLC. They fixed some problems and bugs but introduced a bunch of new ones.. baby steps..

ArchAngel

Arcane
baby steps..
Crayfish steps, maybe. One step forward, two steps back...
I take that back, these devs are morons.

People scream about how melee is terrible. In patch they buff all melee damage by 20 damage (not nearly enough) but in DLC they introduce body part that lets you use melee weapons for 1 AP instead of 2.. Pay2Win!

Then people scream how infiltrators are OP and you can either be 100% invisible or using sniper rifles from half the map away, be in stealth all the time and do 2x damage with every shot. Devs in last patch make it so if you use non silenced weapons you lose stealth always and then in DLC they introduce head part that makes all weapons you use silent.. Pay2Wiin!

Fucking morons.

Last edited:

PanteraNera

Arcane
baby steps..

People scream about how melee is terrible. In patch they buff all melee damage by 20 damage (not nearly enough) but in DLC they introduce body part that lets you use melee weapons for 1 AP instead of 2.. Pay2Win!

Then people scream how infiltrators are OP and you can either be 100% invisible or using sniper rifles from half the map away, be in stealth all the time and do 2x damage with every shot. Devs in last patch make it so if you use non silenced weapons you lose stealth always and then in DLC they introduce head part that makes all weapons you use silent.. Pay2Wiin!

Fucking morons.
To answer with a quote from you:
You sound butthurt

PanteraNera

Arcane
Why do writing on my own if I can just copy paste from Reddit.

jfxs14yhmgl41.png

OrcusDei

12h

Disclaimer: I really like this game, I kinda like the new missions too. More missions the better. This meme was meant to be a joke. Like sure, I feel this way to certain extent, i think more of us do, and thats what makes it funny, but this is oversimplification of everything. Good, bad... there is so much more behind this game and there is more to come. Sending love to indie supporters, backers and devs too!

XelNigma
10h

Rimworld just got some DLC that adds more bionics, Installing even simple things like an elbow blade or hand spike feels way more like installing bionics than just equipping some leg armor that I cant take off that makes my soliders look very stupid and top heavy.

MrMobster
14h

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I actually had to laugh when I saw the Pure transmission with the "anger flares".

To back PP was a spontaneous decision for me after I watched the relevant by Julian. I though "oh great, they are finally making a proper spiritual successor to X-COM with some interesting new mechanics"! In retrospect, I really should have waited. The game delivered almost nothing from what I expected.

Well, not quite. The music is great, I admit.

Pray_
7h

I was really excited for this but somehow Phoenix Point has managed to fail again,

Bluefenix32
18h

Thanks for the heads up, was going to give this game a second chance after the DLC but I think I'll pass.

This was the game that killed early access for me (he says whilst playing satisfactory) either your product is worth the pricetag TODAY or I pass.

DrCongaJr
17h

I don't think you should be looking to memes for an accurate assessment of a game.

bagehis
17h

The reviews are less charitable and funny than the memes. Link. I'm sure his hope was that this DLC would add the depth that causes the game to not feel like a chore in mid-to-late game. That's my hope as well.

Bluefenix32
16h

Also memes are there for a reason, specially when nobody is dennying the nessage.

I was hoping that indeed and just to make the experience more engaging and exiting.

Bluefenix32
16h

From a review at metacritic:

I can't get over how basic this game is, like it was plucked straight out of the 90's with little to no changes.

This, together with the lack of variety of e enies in a game that promised precisely that (with the modular enemies) and everyones facelessnes (I don't care about any of the factions and they feel very flat is what I couldn't put into words
https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/ffdc47/basically_how_i_feel/

ArchAngel

Arcane
baby steps..

Fucking morons.
To answer with a quote from you:
You sound butthurt
At the moment I am. I am still playing it but I am slowly losing faith in these devs. I was hoping this patch + dlc would show us that the game is going in a better direction but it is just more of the same. Slow progress with new bugs and 50% questionable design decisions.

PanteraNera

Arcane
At the moment I am. I am still playing it but I am slowly losing faith in these devs. I was hoping this patch + dlc would show us that the game is going in a better direction but it is just more of the same. Slow progress with new bugs and 50% questionable design decisions.
I had the same hope :hug:.

i still don't get why you're all acting surprised and outraged. all this was clear since the first change in art direction, and unavoidable when they moved to the epic fail store.

PanteraNera

Arcane
I had the same hope
Sadly I hadn't. I lost every little inch of hope for a long time.
To be clear:
I am not surprised that they haven't delivered, it was the most likely outcome.

But I mean they kept saying that they were holding back stuff since when BB1? when Backer Build 5 was released the same, holding back content for surprises. What content? What surprises? I haven't seen any major new content between BB5 and the RC.
They showed and talked about some stuff, like the Juggernaut, like that flying alien, the Pianist, the Behemoths and other stuff, like weapon modifications. I hoped some of the stuff would come with the DLC's / free content patches. But three months after release, no word about this, and than they have the balls or rather insanity to release this shit?
After that there is no glimpse of hope left.

They are notorious liars. Or so delusional that they believe their own crap.

lightbane

Arcane
Your faith was sadly misplaced. On the plus side, with Extraterrestrials 2 and Xenonauts 2 incoming, you will be able to forget about this broken piece of shit filled with Chinese spyware.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Your faith was sadly misplaced. On the plus side, with Extraterrestrials 2 and Xenonauts 2 incoming, you will be able to forget about this broken piece of shit filled with Chinese spyware.
I doubt Xenonauts 2 will give us anything more than Xeno 1 in better engine. And Xeno 1 was lacking in many ways.

ArchAngel

Arcane
They're still better than PP here, if only because they don't use Epic... For now.
That is a stupid reason, you can always pirate it.

Current state Xeno is more polished and complete game than current state PP but PP can become a much better and original game by the time devs decide to give up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom