Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay, but isn't the briefings supposed to work as some kind compendium with all the information regarding the virus and such? How are these things collected and put into these compendiums? Most stories work of course, people that live and make it back, but those that write about their own death in real time..?

Latelistener

Arcane
Is it safe to assume that the willpower (consumable for special abilities) and the armor systems came from Banner Saga?
Or there were other games like that I just haven't played yet?

Last edited:

PanteraNera

Arcane
Is it safe to assume that the willpower and the armor systems came from Banner Saga?
Allen Stoud the Lead Writer has designed it, I think it is based on one of his own (PnP) RPG's

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is it safe to assume that the willpower and the armor systems came from Banner Saga?
Banner Saga LOL.
Armor system is closest to nuXcom but expanded to give armor to different parts of the body, not just one collective armor value.

Latelistener

Arcane
Banner Saga LOL.
Armor system is closest to nuXcom but expanded to give armor to different parts of the body, not just one collective armor value.
From what I understand you can shred armor using explosives in order to deal more damage in the future.

PanteraNera

Arcane
DbzBTW8W4AAA--X.jpg:large

PanteraNera

Arcane
Will deployment on mission happen from one of those things original X-com style?
Yes that is the plan as far as I am informed.
This one might be just "asset" for maps. The last time I heard about VTOL the answer was that its "trollbait" ;) . So still might be that the troop carrier looks different.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Yes! Tuesday is Labour Day, so I'm going to download this motherfucker and play it like a motherfucker.

luinthoron

Learned
https://phoenixpoint.info/blog/2018/4/29/release-of-backer-build-one

Backer Build One: Everything You Need To Know
Release Window
With the Backer Build almost ready for release we'd like to offer you some additional information and answer some frequently asked questions.

Firstly, we would once again like to apologise for the 24 hours delay in the release of the Backer Build. We had originally planned for the build to release at midnight PST on April 30th. Unfortunately, due to an internal miscommunication and some confusion over time zones, the development team were working under the impression that they had 24 hours longer. We don't want to rush this. The team have been working hard through the weekend to complete Backer Build One and squish as many bugs as possible.

The release date and time for Backer Build One is 12am PST on Tuesday, May 1st.

Once again, we apologise for this slight delay and thank you for your understanding.

NewJericho_all_marketing.jpg

Delivery
Backer Build One is available to anyone who backed Phoenix Point during the Fig campaign at the "Digital Extras Edition" or higher. It is also available to customers who pre-ordered the "Luxury Digital Edition" or higher. The Backer Build may be listed in your package as "early access" or "pre-alpha access".

When the Backer Build goes live at 12am PST on Tuesday 1st of May, you will receive an email from our e-commerce partner, Xsolla. This email will contain your unique download link to the Phoenix Point installer. If you do not receive this email instantly upon launch, please do allow some extra time for the email to come through - we have a lot to send out, which may take several minutes, maybe longer.

If you still haven't received your email, check your spam folders. Emails will be delivered from mail@xsolla.com

If it hasn't arrived, you can contact Xsolla support either via email support@xsolla.com or open a support ticket at https://help.xsolla.com

Content and Feedback
Backer Build One is a pre-alpha build of the tactical portion of the gameplay. It contains the demo map which you may have seen from the previous events that we attended. It also includes procedurally generated maps.

In Backer Build One you will play as the New Jericho faction, controlling 2 Assault soldiers, 1 Sniper and 1 Heavy. The Backer Build includes the free-aiming system introduced at EGX Rezzed and the inventory system which we have not yet showcased.

A help document is included with the download detailing key-bindings and some gameplay tips.

Should you encounter any bugs within the Backer Build (and you will), please submit a bug report. When you encounter a bug, just hit F12. The game will capture the current screenshot. You can click on the screenshot in the bug report. This will allow you to draw on and highlight any issues on the screen. You can also submit your name or email address along with a title and description of the bug. When you send the report, all of this information along with anonymous system data such as hardware configuration and the game's logs will be sent directly to the Snapshot Games QA team.

For more detailed discussion about any bugs encountered, or to leave general feedback - please visit the Snapshot Games Forum

Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the questions most frequently asked about the Backer Build, with answers.

Can I stream or make YouTube videos of the Backer Build?

Yes you can. We just ask that you make it clear that you're playing an "in-development" build.

Does the Backer Build contain any of the campaign or strategic layer?

Not at this point. The Backer Build is currently only tactical combat missions. We will be updating the Backer Build approximate once every 2 months with additional content. However, we wish to hold back much of the story and campaign elements so not to spoil the narrative before general release.

Can I still get access to the Backer Build after it has released?

Yes. Even after the build has gone live, our pre-order packages will still contain access to it.

How long will the Backer Build last?

We haven't currently set an end date for the Backer Build. We will continue to add new content until close to release. If this changes we will make an announcement in good time.

Why doesn't XYZ work like this? / Why haven't you implemented XYZ?

The Backer Build is still a very small portion of the overall game. Many mechanics, abilities and features have yet to be added at this stage. Nothing in the Backer Build should be considered as the final version. If you wish to talk about detail of specific design choices, we've provided a handy feedback section on our forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom