Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

ArchAngel

Arcane
Since E3 all news has been good news.
I am even a bit optimitic that we might get something fun at release.
Too bad I will have to fuck around with pirating the game I bought.

Mustawd

Unfortunately, on this case, piracy is very right.

Even then I might wait till it releases on Steam. The way things are going I’d be surprised if it doesn’t take a year to iron out bugs and package all the DLC content.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Unfortunately, on this case, piracy is very right.

Even then I might wait till it releases on Steam. The way things are going I’d be surprised if it doesn’t take a year to iron out bugs and package all the DLC content.
If I remember correctly there are several base game features that don't make into initial "release".

Suicidal

Arcane
Would be funny if they released some sort of complete edition with all DLCs and bugfixes on Steam after the Epic plebs beta tested the game :lol:

lightbane

Arcane
Don't they do that by default in most games lately? Release an alpha for 60 $ first, then re-release an "ultimate ultima edition" with all stuff and bugfixes after 6-12 months or so.

xmd1997

Educated
Don't they do that by default in most games lately? Release an alpha for 60 $ first, then re-release an "ultimate ultima edition" with all stuff and bugfixes after 6-12 months or so.
After the rollercoaster that was Pathfinder Kingmaker (as great of a game it was), especially on release and the recent addition of it's "Enhanced" update, I'm beginning to agree with this statement...

:negative:

Citizen

Yes, I see no point in playing games right after release now. Since I have a huge backlog it simpler to just wishlist them and then buy a Directors Cut Ultimate Bugfix Edition with 50% discount a year later. Also most games get a lot of quality mods some time after release which is also a nice thing

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yes, I see no point in playing games right after release now. Since I have a huge backlog it simpler to just wishlist them and then buy a Directors Cut Ultimate Bugfix Edition with 50% discount a year later. Also most games get a lot of quality mods some time after release which is also a nice thing
Yep, Battle tech got Rogue tech and XCOM got Long war, despite the criticism those mods get, they improved ALOT the base game to the point of not even being worthy to play the base game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yep, Battle tech got Rogue tech and XCOM got Long war, despite the criticism those mods get, they improved ALOT the base game to the point of not even being worthy to play the base game.
Well Xcom was released in a relatively polished state, it was pretty balanced and a fun game. Battletech was released in shit state, with zero balance and not a lot of fun to have with it. I would not use those two games in same sentence.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
for all of its flaws (compared to the much better original game) nuXCOM still is a masterpiece compared to Battletech. i lost alot of hope in phoenix point and got my refund , but i m still having a lot more hope for phoenix point to turn out reasonably interesting on a nuXCOM level or slightly below/hopefully better ..... than any hope for Battletech to ever become halfway decent game with expansions or mods.

the game (battletech) is a fairly accurate shit taste detector though - you can safely disregard anyone s opinion on turn-based-tactics who thinks Battletech is an okay game.

mods can improve A LOT from the basic game only if the basic game leaves A LOT of room for improvement.
with the rare exception, like 1.13.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Unt55itled.png

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
This thread so far has only managed to make me play OpenXCom again. Will try this out once it gets bug fixes and a summer sale discount, which will probably take a while (thanks Epic) lol.

luinthoron

Learned
Well, baud already posted the Anu armor from the latest devblog update, but looks like no one bothered to post the rest (also, if you want to go without pauldrons, should really have posted the Infiltrator instead ;)):
https://phoenixpoint.info/blog/2019/7/12/the-science-of-synedrion

The Science of Synedrion
Future Updates
All of the elements we’ve been working on for the last 3 years are bearing fruit, and as we bring everything together we’re going to be posting these development updates on a more regular basis. Because of this, they’ll likely be shorter than previous updates, but they should each contain plenty of exciting and interesting features that you’ll be able to get your hands on in the final release of Phoenix Point.

Synedrion Soldiers
In the previous update, we gave a first look at the Synedrion Infiltrator class. A quick reminder in case you missed it:

SY_infiltrator_lowpoly.jpg

Synedrion Infiltrator

As the name suggests, the Infiltrator is a stealth class. Great for scouting the battlefield and getting up-close and personal with unsuspecting enemies.

The Infiltrator’s outfit doesn’t have room use for pockets, but he does carry a useful, multipurpose drone, slung over his back like a backpack.

SY_Dron_Backpack_highpoly.jpg

Synedrion Drone Backpack

Equipment in Phoenix Point can be customized and retooled for a variety of uses on the battlefield — with the proper research. The Synedrion drone is no exception, and has a variety of configurations, one being the Laser Drone:

SY_Laser_Dron.jpg

Synedrion Laser Drone.

As Synedrion are on the cutting edge of technology, and rely on their advanced tech to deal with the Pandoravirus threat. As such, they have some unique, and rather clever, weapons at their disposal. One such weapon is the mine launcher.

screenshot004.jpg

Synedrion mine launcher

This handheld device can deploy a variety of different mines from a safe distance.

If you closely watched the character customization GIF posted in the previous update, you may have noticed a small glimpse of another Synedrion class. As some of you correctly deduced: this is the Synedrion Sniper.

sy_sniper.jpg

Synedrion Sniper

One other class from the ranks of Synedrion which we haven’t yet shown is their Assault class:

sy_assault_textures_01.jpg

Synedrion Assault

The Disciples of Anu
We know that many of you have been eager to see the Disciples of Anu classes. We’ll be covering more about the Anu in a future update, but for now, here’s a sneak peek at a Disciples of Anu Assault armor.

low_poly_01.jpg

Disciples of Anu Assault

Wrap up
We’re really excited with how everything is coming together for Phoenix Point, and we can’t wait to get the game into your hands so that you can start finding your own unique ways to deal with the Pandoravirus threat.

The team at Snapshot has a lot of work ahead of us, but have no doubt that we’re as passionate and driven as ever to make Phoenix Point an unforgettable experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom