Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
And almost all of them got shoulder pads but at least they are not huge.

There's the MEC armor in XCOM for that:
MEC-3_%28EU2012%29.png

maxresdefault.jpg
I agree with you point, though.

Self-Ejected

Circuit the Short

Self-Ejected
something tangible translated from the digital world to the physical world, something to display or to browse in the case of a book.

Why would anyone ever display something gaming-related in his house? I mean I'm not some vidya-obsessed nerd, at least I don't want people to know I actually am.

Mustawd

something tangible translated from the digital world to the physical world, something to display or to browse in the case of a book.

Why would anyone ever display something gaming-related in his house? I mean I'm not some vidya-obsessed nerd, at least I don't want people to know I actually am.

Some people don’t find an issue with their hobbies?

I love seeing model cars and airplane collections, for example.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

Someone who likes very much video-games should be ashamed for that?
Also, for a long time now, games are not associated with with the nerd anymore. They're mainstream now and not a niche segment like games were in the 90's or 80's.
Of course there are exceptions with individuals that stuff their house with gaming merchandise and collector's editions accessories but those are not representative and the exception.

Why would anyone ever display something gaming-related in his house?
The same reason someone would display porcelain figurines in their house I guess. :)

J1M

Arcane
Yes, the same reason: a lack of self awareness and the funds to purchase proper storage.

GrainWetski

Arcane
This looks more and more like the nuxcom.
It looked like it from the start, but they've really embraced it lately. Real shame as this could've been something.

Why couldn't they just fucking play X-COM and make a modern version of it instead of copying Firaxis' mediocrity? Oh right, that would take some actual effort and the game would have depth. Can't have that, especially when your focus is consoles and gamepads.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
In one of the images of that article you can see a soldier on the vehicle operating the vehicle gun. Very cool!

lightbane

Arcane
Too bad that guy in football gear kinda ruins the post-apocalyptic scene they were going for. Hell, even the guy seems to feel uncomfortable with said armor.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope for the full game to have manual aiming that costs willpoints.
#1 It makes killing stuff too easy without some limit
#2 Slows down the game since there is no reason to not use it on every shot
#3 It is more realistic that in the middle of battle soldiers cannot just casually choose to shoot the alien dick off in those 3 pixels between the shield and the wall. It needs to be stressful and tiring to be able to do that constantly, so willpower cost fits.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom