Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm certainly not one of those opposed to the Epic store, but this case is a hard pass for me, ever since they broke their first promises.
Really, I'm just here for the shits and giggles.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
3 million is nothing. This is 2019 and 3M are like 300K in 1980s money. A complete joke if they gave away control of their product for such a handout, and the money will be completely gone in 12 months.

AA development is brutal. A year of guaranteed financial security is nothing to scoff about.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm certainly not one of those opposed to the Epic store, but this case is a hard pass for me, ever since they broke their first promises.
Really, I'm just here for the shits and giggles.

They're offering refunds, so backers have little to complain about.
Offering refunds doesn't change anything about what I wrote. It's the abolute least they could do.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, welcome to the brave new world where a promise hold no value at all, as long as they offer refunds when they fuck you over. The whole thing is a sham. If it wasn't for the backers in the first place they wouldn't even have the deal with Epic.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
So it's 2019 and basically the whole crowdfunding thing has blown up? Fargo is a douchebag, Robert is insane, Braben does not understand how to make a game that's fun, Vavra is popamole in HD and Gollop just needed to make ends meet?!

Thanks to these aging gentlemen for ruining the last bit of idealism for us!! The next time a 50 something year old man comes to me with a idea and a beaker I will ram it in his face.

Burning Bridges

3 million is nothing. This is 2019 and 3M are like 300K in 1980s money. A complete joke if they gave away control of their product for such a handout, and the money will be completely gone in 12 months.

AA development is brutal. A year of guaranteed financial security is nothing to scoff about.

LOL, straight from the con artist manifesto.

And the best things is that those people always complain how they have been bullied in school. When in fact the other children just sensed their bad character.

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
Why are you entitled to anything else? They didn't take anything from you, so they owe you nothing.
Errr no, as backer you took a risk, which should be compensated. Same principle as venture capital.
If they'd just return the money to the fig investors now and claimed that they did not take anything so they owe nothing, they'd get sued to oblivion. So, Gollop has to settle for screwing over just the backers.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Yeah, welcome to the brave new world where a promise hold no value at all, as long as they offer refunds when they fuck you over.

How were you fucked over if you get all your money back?

Kickstarter isn't a pre-order service and it's expected things will change in development. I've seen companies screw over backers far worse and never offer refunds, and they were legally within their rights.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I lost the ability to play on the platform I was promised, and I actually lost 3-6 bucks (can't remember) because of the conversion rate from the company they used to issue the refunds.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I lost the ability to play on the platform I was promised

#firstworldproblems

Have you ever owned an independent business and had 60 people depending on you to put food on the table? That struggle is a lot greater than having to download a free launcher to play muh vidya games

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Alienman said:
I lost the ability to play on the platform I was promised

#firstworldproblems

Have you ever owned an independent business and had 60 people depending on you to put food on the table? That struggle is a lot greater than having to download a free launcher to play muh vidya games
Oh fuck off.

Fine by me. Unlike you I have actual problems that demand my attention, so I don't spend all day raging about small businesses trying to make ends meet.

Last edited:

PanteraNera

Arcane
I have actual problems that demand my attention
tenor.gif

Burning Bridges

I don't spend all day raging about small businesses trying to make ends meet.

Crowdfunding is about trying to make ends meet. *drum*

This is what we have said in 2012, and now we have confirmation. A bunch of lousy, second rate developers with torn shirts who got no job in the industry.

There are a few exceptions of course. Like, uh Vavra who is a first rate popamol guy and shows his artists pictures of real buildings. Or the War of Rights guys who most people probably haven't heard about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom