Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Perkel

Arcane
Are you saying that the name "grieving" gives the impression that the weapon has some kind of connection to grief that gives it abilities above and beyond what the game mechanics are capable of expressing, and that seeing it actually just buffs you when a party member dies is a disappointment?

He probably means that those uniques are fucking pointless and bad as per Sawyer no fun allowed mantra.

Sawyer is like that retarded modder who thinks there is huge difference between 2% and 4% because he has his retarded calculator and tries to calculate all possible stacks you can have and decides that this actually seems like something people would do in his absolute retardation.

Yeah someone COULD do that, you will always find some retarded autists who will do that but majority of people will just left click and reroll in case of death.

Good itemization is where you need to make choices in how you operate. Ok this spear gives me range but crossbow can take enemies from afar. That is a choice and it is interesting to make those choices.

Getting 12% increased damage from some rare situation is just garbage.

For this amulet getting 30% buff for each member dead would be actually something worthwhile and actual choice. Not fucking 3% for every member.

Quillon

Arcane
Are you saying that the name "grieving" gives the impression that the weapon has some kind of connection to grief that gives it abilities above and beyond what the game mechanics are capable of expressing, and that seeing it actually just buffs you when a party member dies is a disappointment?

He probably means that those uniques are fucking pointless and bad as per Sawyer no fun allowed mantra.

Sawyer is like that retarded modder who thinks there is huge difference between 2% and 4% because he has his retarded calculator and tries to calculate all possible stacks you can have and decides that this actually seems like something people would do in his absolute retardation.

Yeah someone COULD do that, you will always find some retarded autists who will do that but majority of people will just left click and reroll in case of death.

Good itemization is where you need to make choices in how you operate. Ok this spear gives me range but crossbow can take enemies from afar. That is a choice and it is interesting to make those choices.

Getting 12% increased damage from some rare situation is just garbage.

For this amulet getting 30% buff for each member dead would be actually something worthwhile and actual choice. Not fucking 3% for every member.

Yeah I was thinking "What does 1 might matter?" :P Even inspirations start with +5 bonuses, and you just lost a party member, here's 1 might, it will help fo'sho.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
First bit of TB combat-related feedback I have from watching the twitch stream: They absolutely need to implement a mechanic for a chance to hit your allies with friendly fire when they are in your line of fire and you are using a ranged weapon. As it is right now, ranged characters just get free movement points.

Yosharian

Arcane
I don't quite agree that the itemization is bad overall, but I must admit that putting very simple bonuses like +5% to weapon damage or whatever behind an additional named ability is really pointless and annoying. And there are a lot of items that do this.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
To those who have played them: are the DLC good?

More than anything else, the DLC cover weaknesses in the main game.

Story is short and unfocused? Here's a focused 6-8 hour cinematic narrative.
There are not enough challenging late game encounters? Here's a combat arena with 50 of them.
There are not enough large dungeon crawls? Here's a 14 level megadungeon.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Kid, I've been saying negative things about Deadfire and PoE more consistently than anyone in this thread or the past one. I've been shitting on PoE before you knew where the codex was. You're not special, take a break.
I am special and you can suck my dick,boy! :smug:

And why do you assume i was talking about you,boy?

That's false.
It is not,oh easily impressed boy!

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
The +1 might per dead party-member is exactly the kind of lack of balance that someone who doesn't know what balance is might think is balanced. In reality it's ineffectual streamlining. A game designer who knew what he is doing could see such an extreme condition would require similarly extreme bonus to be worthwhile.

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Someone needs to make a mod to make the Dancing Outfit enchantable. Zero recovery time is nice but zero armor is kind of rough for Xoti. And for the vampire. And the annoying chick. And the other annoying chick. And that wizard girl. And the little one.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just fully finished the game and uninstalled it. LoL the ending now is even more garbage than before. Finishing different DLC make you believe that they give you more option in the ending,like

finishing the winter beast gives you the option to summon the soul of the dude that was harboring the god in the first game,the one that got blew up by Durance. Well he shows up,says that what the god is doing is bad,then the god agrees with that statement.....and says that he will do it anyway,then the soul goes "well i tried,good luck fag". Then after you finish the forgotten dlc whael gets his body back and hyped up for godzila fight. Well comes to the rescue,eats eocucktas.....and then they fall on to the machine and destroy it.......yeah.
I was impressed how garbo they managed to make it. It is the first time i have seen game lie to you the whole way that you will have to make choices in the end....and end up with the same ending. They even managed to beat ME3 in that department,even released DLCs that lie to you the same shit.

Last edited:

2house2fly

Magister
The game doesn't lie to you. Eothas says you can't stop him, the other gods say you can't stop him, your party members say you can't stop him, the quest log says you can't stop him. The game isn't about stopping him.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just fully finished the game and uninstalled it. LoL the ending now is even more garbage than before. Finishing different DLC make you believe that they give you more option in the ending,like

finishing the winter beast gives you the option to summon the soul of the dude that was harboring the god in the first game,the one that got blew up by Durance. Well he shows up,says that what the god is doing is bad,then the god agrees with that statement.....and says that he will do it anyway,then the soul goes "well i tried,good luck fag". Then after you finish the forgotten dlc whael gets his body bad and hyped up for godzila fight. Well comes to the rescue,eats eocucktas.....and then they fall on to the machine and destroy it.......yeah.
I was impressed how garbo they managed to make it. It is the first time i have seen game lie to you the whole way that you will have to make choices in the end....and end up with the same ending. They even managed to beat ME3 in that department,even released DLCs that lie to you the same shit.
That's beyond retarded writing

I am special and you can suck my dick,boy!
Actually, yes - a special kind of dumbfuck. :D

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

finishing the winter beast gives you the option to summon the soul of the dude that was harboring the god in the first game,the one that got blew up by Durance. Well he shows up,says that what the god is doing is bad,then the god agrees with that statement.....and says that he will do it anyway,then the soul goes "well i tried,good luck fag". Then after you finish the forgotten dlc whael gets his body bad and hyped up for godzila fight. Well comes to the rescue,eats eocucktas.....and then they fall on to the machine and destroy it.......yeah.
That's beyond retarded writing

I am special and you can suck my dick,boy!
Actually, yes - a special kind of dumbfuck. :D
Yeah,at this point i just sipped my self a glass of rakia,put some turbo mega gypso folk on the tube and just ravelled in the stupidity,laughing my ass off! Can't wait for their new game :) :) :).

Here is a special cheer for all the retarded deadfire fans. Specialy from the depths of gypso ghetto. The fat gipso on the kaval is a beast :)

xrm1

Educated
So Obsidian FINALLY hes seen the error of their ways and is adding turn based combat. What took them so long? Why did they ever listen to Sensuki? Why did you fuckers buy Infinity engine trash instead of TOEE?

Prime Junta

Jesus christ, they use these clarinet things even in their metal...?

I'll see your clarinet and raise you bagpipes.

Is my age showing?

-- The Bela Devojka song didn't do much for me TBH, although she's pretty cute. The other one is better (they need to change their drummer though). Is that DarkUnderlord doing the vocals?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Jesus christ, they use these clarinet things even in their metal...?

I'll see your clarinet and raise you bagpipes.

Is my age showing?

-- The Bela Devojka song didn't do much for me TBH, although she's pretty cute. The other one is better (they need to change their drummer though). Is that DarkUnderlord doing the vocals?

If we are talking about bagpipes :) It is something like a national instrument.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom