Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

When you are ready to fight, most of the buffs are already vanished, unless they changed the durations in Deadfire.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Feargus was roleplaying that he's a competent CEO, Sawyer was roleplaying that he likes Infinity Games, devs were roleplaying they know how to code, so I guess it makes sense that voice actors are also roleplayers.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have put half of this list into my Wizard AI script (only fast cast 0 recovery things) and most battles was already ending at the time he had Spirit Lance in his hands and ready to poke somebody with it.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

When you are ready to fight, most of the buffs are already vanished, unless they changed the durations in Deadfire.

:smug:

Arcane Reflection...................60.0s
Spirit Shield.......................45.0s
Merciless Gaze......................45.0s
Infuse With Vital Essence...........45.0s
Deleterious Alacrity of Motion......45.0s
Llengrath's Displaced Image.........45.0s
Llengrath's Safeguard...............60.0s
Minoletta's Piercing Sigil...........permanent <3
Citzal's Spirit Lance...............25.0s
Citzal's Martial Power Attack.......30.0s

Does Deadfire have pre-buffing, or is it like in the first one where you have to wait till combat? with very high int, the durations are longer.

Daidre

Arcane
No, it is still in-combat only. With durations like this, also multiplied by power level (new in deadfire), you do not recast them often in the fight but still need to go through complete routine every encounter. Hence AI scripting.

There were also annoying cases when you have several encounters scripted one after another but with 1s delay between them. So all your buffs drops and you need full recast. Drove me crazy. Maybe they fixed it since then.

Zakhad

Savant
Some of those are free actions in turn-based though. Can't remember how many, but it makes defensive buffing much easier.

Daidre

Arcane
As many as you want. So you can use some free action attacks (like on ranger) and kill most of the enemies right in first round with them.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
images

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath

:smug:

Arcane Reflection...................60.0s
Spirit Shield.......................45.0s
Merciless Gaze......................45.0s
Infuse With Vital Essence...........45.0s
Deleterious Alacrity of Motion......45.0s
Llengrath's Displaced Image.........45.0s
Llengrath's Safeguard...............60.0s
Minoletta's Piercing Sigil...........permanent <3
Citzal's Spirit Lance...............25.0s
Citzal's Martial Power..............30.0s

You want to start with Infuse With Vital Essence and DAoM so that the subsequent buffs benefit from the higher Int and faster casting. You also want Citzal's Enhanced Armory after the Infuse, for the dual wielding 2handers and zero recovery breastplate.

Throw in Wall of Draining after all that for a lot more extra duration. You're good.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Click lots of spells each fight so you can then be shitty melee character and click on monsters. Seems like wizards have some serious complex about not being big and stronk.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So I finally decided to start PoE2 and I see that although I imported my save I see that it only imports your decisions not your character and you have to create a new one from scratch.
Since I am too bored to read 250 pages for some info I decided to ask a couple of questions here

Should I go for a single class or a multiclass character?I assume multiclass characters have a slower progression but does this affect the game a lot(I have the Obsidian edition with all the dlc so I guess I will get more xp by the end).
Are the companions better of as single class or multiclass?Or are they predetermined and can't be changed by me?
I played the first one with a Cipher since I have a soft spot for psionics and it's mostly something outside of the regular fantasy classes and leaning to play this one with one as weel,are they decent in this one?Which multilasses combos are best for him in this?

Delterius

Arcane
Should I go for a single class or a multiclass character?I assume multiclass characters have a slower progression but does this affect the game a lot(I have the Obsidian edition with all the dlc so I guess I will get more xp by the end).
My rule of thumb is:

if you want this guy to be more of a caster, go single

if you want this guy to be more of a martial, go multi

*exception, ciphers and chanters can go multi and do both pretty well

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Are the companions better of as single class or multiclass?Or are they predetermined and can't be changed by me?
I played the first one with a Cipher since I have a soft spot for psionics and it's mostly something outside of the regular fantasy classes and leaning to play this one with one as weel,are they decent in this one?Which multilasses combos are best for him in this?

You can't go wrong with either single or multiclass, there are very powerful abilities and synergies for every class or class combination. Go with what seems cool to you. Off the top of my head, four of the six abilities single-class Ciphers exclusively get are very strong.

2house2fly

Magister
Single and multi gain xp at the same rate, but single classes gain power levels faster- they can get as high as power level 9, multis cap out at power level 7

2house2fly

Magister
I can't believe it's been two weeks since the supposed end of the beta period and Obsidian hasn't said WORD ONE

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So I finally decided to start PoE2 and I see that although I imported my save I see that it only imports your decisions not your character and you have to create a new one from scratch.
Since I am too bored to read 250 pages for some info I decided to ask a couple of questions here

Rule of thumb advice that dedicated casters are better as pure, while martials are better multiclassed is correct.
Muliclasses start way stronger, (some) Single classes eventually catch on near the end of the game with final abilities (such as monk Whispers of the Wind).

Ciphers are very nice, although can feel weaker then in part 1. Or rather the other casters are stronger with the move to per encounter abilities (and Empower ability recover). Ciphers mostly shine on higher difficulty levels, where their endless resource generation makes a difference.

The new subclass, Ascendant is pretty great for an offensive casting focus. SoulBlade is nice for melee (although a bit of a one trick pony with Soul Annihilation).

My favorite combos are Ascendant / Helwalker monk and SoulBlade / Trickster Rogue.

Ivan

Arcane
So I just finished my first playthrough and am feeling very meh about it.

Exploration was boring since every island was the same shit, combat dungeons were all like one floor, itemization was cool at first until you literally start TRIPPING over uniques left and right

what the fuck happened? why do all my companions want to shag me. I thought Sawyer was anti romance.
:deathclaw:

I need a good RPG to wash this down.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Exploration was boring since every island was the same shit, combat dungeons were all like one floor, itemization was cool at first until you literally start TRIPPING over uniques left and right

what the fuck happened? why do all my companions want to shag me. I thought Sawyer was anti romance.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar_V2/

Ivan

Arcane

https://store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar_V2/

Nice but I was thinking more about ATOM once the update drops. Not party based.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom