Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

jf8350143

Liturgist
There is nothing wrong by using withdrawal anyway.

I can't think of any other way to keep the kid survive except avoid all the battles.

Ulfhednar

Savant
Wait, what's this " Eternal Dragon: Knights Of Terellia" game the article talk about? I googled it and alll the results was related to the article.

It looks like the writer is trying to be sarcastic, but what make him write the article?
The Onion has been writing Fake News before there was such a thing.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Some of you people need to learn when to shut the fuck up and enjoy the rich pageant of humanity marching on by.

Codex Year of the Donut
What's stopping someone from just editing the game's assets for an ultimate run?
Without physically restricting the game to a server they own, there's nothing they can do to stop tampering. It's not even something that can be detected in the video of it, as it would be difficult to detect altered AI behaviors, moderately improved rolls, etc.,

Prime Junta

What's stopping someone from just editing the game's assets for an ultimate run?

Nothing. Or who knows, maybe they've written a ton of cryptographic magic specifically to detect such skulduggery, it's never 100% watertight but it wouldn't be too hard to write something that will catch most amateur attempts.

But I dare say that if someone made changes that are big enough to make a significant difference, The Josh would likely notice. "Just a cotton-pickin' minute, that dragon isn't supposed to go down in one shot...!"

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nothing. Or who knows, maybe they've written a ton of cryptographic magic specifically to detect such skulduggery, it's never 100% watertight but it wouldn't be too hard to write something that will catch most amateur attempts.
You could have forged an Ultimate in the first one by editing exactly one value (one digit) in single file. I doubt Obsidian went smarter.

Sacibengala

Prophet
when the complete edition will be released? something went wrong? Where is the console version?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have a strong suspicion that Obsidian, who never fixed performance problems on PC, run into horrible stutter + low fps issues on consoles (technically weak-ish PCs with custom OS) and have no idea how to fix their shit code.

Or maybe it is wishful thinking and they are trying to push out some top notch experience for console players (or Microsoft reassigned everyone to more profitable activity).

Anyway year+ after console release date is still a mystery.

Unwanted

SigitheBack

Unwanted

Game's 5000 Manhours of Combat System Design With Over 9000 Multiclass
Builds And 42-69 Magic Abilities have a Level 2 Mage Spell "Arcane Dampener"
That Disables outright:
- mage buffs
- priest buffs
- druid buffs
- cipher buffs
- scroll buffs
- potions!
- drugs!! (and gives you a drug crash)
- timed item buffs!!
- character fucking abilities!!!
Derided as Trash, Idiotic, Garbage

Not to worry though, your Priest can cast "Supress Affliction" for a timed relief!
...except "Arcane Dampener" is not an Affliction and it doesnt work!
What a great gayme!

But not to worry yet again, Obsidian got you!
When the popup with the detailed list of your buffs that appears above the character portrait when you hover it
gets too tall for the screen, it just turns around and appears below the portrait!
...except there is no screen below the portrait so you cant see that you get fucked by "Arcane Dampener"
What a great gayme!

By the way, Arcane Dampener is AOE lol

k2nPm7q.png

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
He is just buffed. Wait out his defenses or dispel with something like upgraded Tranquilizer Shot from Ranger. Pure classed Ranger (or higher level multi) has some much acc stacking that landing it is not an issue. Nerfes more than half Deadfire bosses into the ground.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Still can't believe that I completed each and every quest in this Chomolungma of boredom.

Probably my inner jew who pre-ordered Deadfire ((( :takemyjewgold:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom