Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd advise Cipher (/Monk or /Rogue :P), but he has already played a Beguiler.

Always played Mesmer in GW. Cipher main in PoE. Been there done that. Probably won’t be able to resist Serafen tho.

Desiderius

Patron
Overall difficulty of Dumpsterfire suggests that Sawyer painted himself into a corner with his nihilist snobbery.

Every single half-baked post-mortem rationalization he’s pulled out of his ass is refuted by a single piece of evidence:

The shipboard battle against Dallis in D:OS 2. Fire that bad boy up on normal difficulty and get back to us Josh.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's always the most judgemental who tend to paint themselves as knights in shining armor come to defend the weak.

Desiderius

Patron
I’m Kind Wayfarer all the way, dipshit.
Overall difficulty of Dumpsterfire suggests that Sawyer painted himself into a corner with his nihilist snobbery.

You are surprisingly unkind to the man for a Kind Wayfarer.

That’s the joke.

I do repent: but heaven hath pleased it so,
To punish me with this and this with me,
That I must be their scourge and minister.
I will bestow him, and will answer well
The death I gave him. So, again, good night.
I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.

Atchodas

Augur
how do you kill megabosses with that single class solo rogue?

Use vanishing strikes over and over with wits of death herald and after 5 mins of invisibility if they are still alive (dorudugan will be) use gouging strike on them and leave them to die (or Finnish it with Sacrifice dagger once at 25%). The point of the build is to have 30 intellect out of combat and +5 from wits of death herald in combat this will make your vanishing strikes last 18.5 seconds , wits of death herald 2 minutes , and blade cascade 18.5 seconds + use No Time for the lost for another 10 seconds on blade cascade and you destroy shit because permanent assassinate and no recovery for about 30 seconds

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
how do you kill megabosses with that single class solo rogue?

Use vanishing strikes over and over with wits of death herald and after 5 mins of invisibility if they are still alive (dorudugan will be) use gouging strike on them and leave them to die.

I could see Pink Eye trying a Gouging Strike only run.

Atchodas

Augur
You need Gouging strike only for Megabosses , anything else dies from Vanishing Strikes+Wits of Death Herald Brilliant+Blade Cascade. Before you get Vanishing strike you can just use other forms of Invisibility to kill enemies one by one but as Solo you get to lvl 19 by doing Neketaka+Hasongo that's like 1/3 off the game and there is not much combat involved in that anyway.

Its actually funny that great balance grandmaster left such easy and powerful way to destroy his game in Diablo style gameplay

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
be steel garrote / arcane archer

I could do Garotte (never Bleakwalker) and I like the build idea, but I just did an LN ES run through P:K so itching to get back to xG and melee.

Desiderius

Patron
I’m Kind Wayfarer all the way, dipshit.

You are surprisingly unkind to the man for a Kind Wayfarer.

As for Sawyer, the kindest thing he could get would be the cold hard truth. He’s a better designer than this and a better man. All he’s got to do is reconnect with what made him fall in love with gaming in the first place and lose his fear that he won’t be special anymore if it turns out his tastes are shared by millions.

Git gud, Sawyer.

Desiderius

Patron
be steel garrote / arcane archer

Alrighty

Arcane Garotte.jpg

So what's the plan here? Seems like it would blow through it's Zeal/Bond pretty fast. Might make more sense to combine AA with an Elemental nuker to dodge that accuracy penalty on non-imbued/non-elemental attacks. You could use your extra skills to buff your pet since subclass casters get free spells so don't need as many skills (or feats or whatever they're called, the level-ups).

Quillon

Arcane
Wasn't this coming to switch also?

Also LOL at that date, they meant 2020, right? :D

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Wasn't this coming to switch also?

It seems to have a delayed release.

Makes sense considering PoE1 on Switch by Versus Evil (unlike other console port by Paradox) reportedly was an awful port. Coincidentally it gets a big update today.

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, OrmaEffect, in fact I do. Squats do a body good. What in my comment earned your disdain?

Sharpedge

Prophet
OK, I'm doing another Deadfire run
Play Solo POTD with single class rogue you will see how retarded and easy this game is

Believe it or not I'm not a powergamer. Would prefer to play the game as intended by the devs.
You really should play it solo PoTD unless you plan to create custom companions. The base game's companions are so awful I could not stand them and solo PoTD is really not that challenging. Most (if not all?) classes can do it. Anyhow, for a somewhat relaxing playthrough blood mage/steel garrote paladin was something I enjoyed.

Atchodas

Augur
So what's the plan here? Seems like it would blow through it's Zeal/Bond pretty fast. Might make more sense to combine AA with an Elemental nuker to dodge that accuracy penalty on non-imbued/non-elemental attacks. You could use your extra skills to buff your pet since subclass casters get free spells so don't need as many skills (or feats or whatever they're called, the level-ups).

what exactly you are trying to accomplish fighting some random ship battle with 2 zeal and 2 bond ?

Solo POTD is easy but only if you aren't retarded :(

Just sink the ship with canons 4x Iron thunder all good

Desiderius

Patron
You really should play it solo PoTD unless you plan to create custom companions. The base game's companions are so awful I could not stand them and solo PoTD is really not that challenging. Most (if not all?) classes can do it. Anyhow, for a somewhat relaxing playthrough blood mage/steel garrote paladin was something I enjoyed.

The irony here is too deep.

Sawyer thinks Deadfire failed because he didn't cater to powergamers when they're the only ones who liked it well enough to stick around and help a new(ish) player out.

I should play solo PotD because the base game companions are so awful? What?

Atchodas

Augur
He is right, base companions gonna be dragging you down compared to one character with OP defences

Desiderius

Patron

what exactly you are trying to accomplish fighting some random ship battle with 2 zeal and 2 bond ?

Solo POTD is easy but only if you aren't retarded :(

Just sink the ship with canons 4x Iron thunder all good

It's the first battle of the game.

Leaving the Codex tomorrow. Feeling like none too soon.

Atchodas

Augur
Well if you stuck on first battle u might just quit while ahead :negative:

you can die on first battle nothing changes story progress

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom