Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
so it looks like the last DLC was delayed until DEC? So I have to keep this shit installed for month longer? Well... at least I moved it to the HDD, it's not incline enough for SSDs

That happened a while ago actually (although they didn't announce it, you had to look at the road map image)

2house2fly

Magister
What's preventing you from deleting the game now and downloading it again in December?

It's probably a smart time to launch, they can put a discount on it right away. Ordinarily that would be a bad idea, but they're not going to profit off it either way, so they may as well try and get it some visibility at least

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
What's preventing you from deleting the game now and downloading it again in December?

It's probably a smart time to launch, they can put a discount on it right away. Ordinarily that would be a bad idea, but they're not going to profit off it either way, so they may as well try and get it some visibility at least

I would guess that quite a few of people wait with their purchase until all DLCs are out, so better to get it out quickly before they completely lose interest.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Prob means you can't chase ships and would have to skip a lot of plot areas, but of the top of my head the hardest fight would probably be the naga boss in Watershaper guild underground, that's not skippable, but you can split the mobs.
That's what I've been saying, both as I was playing it, and later :)

so it looks like the last DLC was delayed until DEC? So I have to keep this shit installed for month longer? Well... at least I moved it to the HDD, it's not incline enough for SSDs
Are there many other things which you hate but keep subjecting yourself to? Masochistic tendencies maybe? :lol:

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't they say they are working on PotD encounter tweaking? I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes.

Mazisky

Magister
Didn't they say they are working on PotD encounter tweaking? I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes.

I quote:
  • "Path of the Damned has been reworked to give a better experience for mid- and high-level end-game content. Can you survive the increased difficulty with your party?"

Lacrymas

Arcane
Ah, my bad. I thought he posted the full patch notes. Strange they don't mention the PotD tuning on the official update, though.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I'm not sure if it needed more tuning, to be honest. With level scaling as of previous patch I'd say Deadfire's POTD difficulty was somewhere in the middle between PoE1's Hard and PoTD, and then you have multiple challenges to modify it further.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm pretty sure they mean just the critical path. They did rebalance and rework the encounters from the first half of the game a month after it came out, so this is finishing up that job.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Since I decided to let Owlcat do their patches(and hopefully creating another thousand new bugs in the next month), I start my new deadfire play through, and I finding myself appreciate this game much more than before, thanks to the PF:K experience.

I don't feel frustrated half of the time when playing Deadfire, even though i don't get as excited the other half of the time. It's a much more reliable and stable source of fun, instead of stop midway to start torturing you.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
22.7% of GOG players have the achievement "Confront Eothas in Ukaizo".

My wife finished the game. Thoroughly disgusted with the Ukaizo section and the ending. I advised her to play Fallout next. Shorter game, better writing.

pomenitul

Arbiter
Did you know that AwesomeButton has a wife?

(Just messing with you, mine unfortunately doesn't get gaming at all, though she sympathises with my wizardly quest to unwind, ever less successfully as the years go by.)

AwesomeButton

Patron
It's ok. She is actually a bigger gamer than me when it comes to HoMM3.

The funny thing is, there used to be this one incel on the codex who used to get butthurt when I would mention I have a girlfriend back before we married.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
The only girl I've met who was into games, would occupy my high-end gaming PC and play solitare for hours. Meanwhile I was stuck on a 5-year old laptop that took 5 minutes to boot and launch a browser.

Never again.

Lacrymas

Arcane
You'd be surprised how the situation is not much different when you also date guys. The problem is finding the same kind of nerd as you are and the kinds that prowl the 'Dex are rare indeed.

2house2fly

Magister
My wife liked the first game but decided that it fell short of Baldur's Gate due to the lack of romances. She got into visual novels so she hasn't gotten round to giving Deadfire a chance, and probably never will, but she's enjoyed my constant frustration at trying to romance Aloth when he responds negatively every time I say something

AwesomeButton

Patron
Appreciate the UI improvements, Obsidian! The irritating bug with the console positioning when in the center has still not been fixed. Does anyone even give a shit any more?

GAIW96A.jpg

They have however begun hiding the enemy tooltip on hover when you are out of combat. WTF?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom