Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
By my calculations Australia wins Eurovision.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So the first dividends is rolling ouy apparently
https://www.reddit.com/r/projectete...irst_dividend_recieve_for_poe2_fig_investing/

It is basically flopping and investors basically dont get any data, figures whatsoever.

Fig is ok if you are a backer, investing however is you just bamboozled by feargus and tim schafer.
Our thread is better,a decent amount of numbers and predictions.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/poe-ii-deadfire-sales-analysis-thread.121823/page-71

Tenebris

Scholar
So, this Sanctum is going to be final DLC?
Looking for a first playthrough but want to wait until everything is out.

Is there any reason to import previous character?
If you're going from the scratch, I understand that you're getting some kind of questionnaire of choices done in PoE1?

Not sure if I need to finish PoE again, if you can just pick the whatever is needed at the start.
Then again, it would be good to refresh what the fuck the main plot was about, as I can't remember shit. After finishing the game twice : |

Sanctum is the final DLC but in the latest AMA Obsidian mentioned they still have plans for Deadfire. I doubt it'll be more full sized DLC. As for importing not really. Practically every choice in the first game hardly had much of a significant impact and the most you'll get out of it is a "I remember that!".

2house2fly

Magister
The game didn't sell enough copies to recoup the development costs, what plans could they realistically have? Maybe another sidekick? Megaboss with accompanying lore book? Nemnok's challenge?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm fine with megabosses, sidekicks and challenges. They obviously don't have the budget and incentive to make any larger scale DLCs, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm surprised they are releasing these megabosses and challenges at all tbh.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game didn't sell enough copies to recoup the development costs, what plans could they realistically have? Maybe another sidekick? Megaboss with accompanying lore book? Nemnok's challenge?

Well, as I pointed out earlier, there is in fact an update scheduled after the third DLC:

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fobsidian-media%2Fdeadfire%2Fnews%2Fupdate-57%2Fdeadfire-contenttimeline-10.25.18-500p.png

So it at least speaks to an intention to continue working on the game into 2019.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Patch 3.1.1: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106707-patch-notes-for-3110024/

Below are the Patch notes for the v3.1.1 Update, now live on Steam, GOG, & Origin. Thank you so much for your feedback and reports of these issues! And thank you to the Beta branch testers in making sure this patch was stable and ready for everyone to enjoy! This build will go live on the Apple Store pending Apple approval.

Patch Notes for 3.1.1.0024
  • Fixed characters with certain dual-weapon loadouts not using their off-hand attack.
  • Weapons will no longer disappear after the user levels up the equipped character.
  • Essence Interrupter bow will no longer prevent Hauani O Whe from dividing.
  • Users who installed certain localization mods and do not own Seeker, Slayer, Survivor can load their savegames again.
  • The Valian term Sérre now has the proper accent and a tooltip explaining its usage in dialogue.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Depends how deep in the red are they. Chances are that between DLCs and the sales projections for eventual GOTY its still healthy enough to keep it in development.

2house2fly

Magister
I'm certainly not complaining if they pump an unreasonable amount of funds into the game and add some extra stuff. Wouldn't mind a dungeon. Maybe a dungeon in Ukaizo specifically

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
As for importing not really. Practically every choice in the first game hardly had much of a significant impact and the most you'll get out of it is a "I remember that!".
What happens if Aloth becomes the leader of the Leaden Key? In my game, he set about destroying it and I can imagine that if he becomes the leader, he's an entirely different character. There's also the matter of Iselmyr, although that's not nearly as important.

I can also see Eder and Pallegina being significantly different characters based on your choices with them in the first game, but not nearly as much as Aloth.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
As for importing not really. Practically every choice in the first game hardly had much of a significant impact and the most you'll get out of it is a "I remember that!".
What happens if Aloth becomes the leader of the Leaden Key? In my game, he set about destroying it and I can imagine that if he becomes the leader, he's an entirely different character. There's also the matter of Iselmyr, although that's not nearly as important.

No idea how his story changes, but he gets a unique helmet, so there's that.

2house2fly

Magister
I think the POE1 characters have some different reaction sets in the reputation system. Not sure though

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I can also see Eder and Pallegina being significantly different characters based on your choices with them in the first game, but not nearly as much as Aloth.

Principally, he gets a different weapon. Which you replace anyway for one of the better mage ones

Tenebris

Scholar

When Aloth is the Grandmaster he gets Thaos' Hat and his disposition changes. As for his quest the wording only slightly changes from "destroy" to "improve". Aside from that it's exactly the same in every way. Eder gets a different necklace based off his ending and Pallegina has a different set of armor.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
why would anyone expect them to make completely different versions of each NPC just to react to whatever dumb choices you made? Talk about waste of resources! Old Ferg would can your ass in a heartbeat buddy!

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Principally, he gets a different weapon. Which you replace anyway for one of the better mage ones

The Grandmaster's Hat is pretty good though. The Keybreaker Scepter used to be decent also (nothing great, but nice), but has since been :littlemissfun:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The senility continues to settle in https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...56099&perpage=40&pagenumber=391#post489705605
Josh Sawyer said:
Out of curiosity, what happened to the PnP game they'd put as a stretch goal?
Yeah, I'm still testing and revising it with an internal group. We've only had one combat so far and it has brought up a bunch of issues. I do want to get a new rev out before the end of the year.

Imagine failing to make a good RPG system not once nor twice but thrice.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not sure why a post about the Pillars of Eternity p&p game specifically belongs in the Deadfire megathread but okay. :M

Quillon

Arcane
Looks like they'll make half the show e-sports this year, I watched it in prev. years for hope of some announcements but it won't be worth to watch now not that it was before.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Last year they didn't eve bother with the proper announcing of Best RPG of the year.

I actually want to see Deadfire win, so that we can have some codexers meltdown to watch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom