Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Shadenuat

Arcane
Blinded AI seems to use gaze less often or not use it (but maybe it was just AI randomness), but Blindness does nothing for retaliatory gaze. At least when I tested it, which was before last patch, blinded vampires happily charmed dudes hitting/shooting them.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
TTON is also mentioned in the fix, wonder if this guy didn't simply fix Unity by doing this.
ToN is a fork from PoE though. :M It would have been something if the fix also applied to Wasteland 2 (and Shadowrun, etc).

Bio Force Ape

Arcane
Fucking Fampyrs, man. How do you protect against the charming? For some reason, they always went after my two rangers. I had one food item that makes immune to that, but didn't see anything else that can be done - except keeping the rangers out of range of their spells.
There's a drink that makes you immune. Most of the taverns sell one or two. I made sure I had 5 by the time I got to Splintered Reef.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Blinded AI seems to use gaze less often or not use it (but maybe it was just AI randomness), but Blindness does nothing for retaliatory gaze. At least when I tested it, which was before last patch, blinded vampires happily charmed dudes hitting/shooting them.

Actually my understanding is that your characters should be blinded in order to gain Gaze immunity.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I actually was looking for such opportunity but I believe retaliatory gaze went through that as well. Not sure though, since it was hard to check exactly in a mess that's PoE's combat.

There's a drink that makes you immune
Basic drugs make you immune but if they land Supress you're out of luck.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's logical that blinded characters won't be able to make gaze attacks nor be affected by them. Not that you'll notice it, like Shedanaut said, due to the way it is.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am pretty sure its the first time I see this complete descriptions:

Anyway, here is a list of the three Pillars of Eternity 2 Darkfire expansion packs and their release dates or release periods as they stand, plus a little bit of background on what to expect from the respective Pillars 2 DLC.

Beast of Winter releases 2nd August 2018

Obsidian Entertainment sends the player to the southern isles, where they explore islands of ice and snow. Which is a complete change from the usual beautiful sandy shores that we have been use to. While your player character is still being heralded by the inhabitants of these desolate places as a their saviour, their motives are much darker than one would normally expect. They worship Rymrgand, god of chaos and disaster, and they believe you to be a harbinger of the end, and pray that you fulfill your destiny. You receive a letter to begin this adventure and it leads you to some dark places as the worshipers are hoping you hurry up and deliver them the cataclysm they have been promised. This style of narrative and dark comedy stretches through out Beast of Winter.

Seeker Slayer Survivor releases September 2018

Far from the bustling trade lanes of the Deadfire Archipelego, the most ambitious warriors of Eora gather to compete for divine favor. Seeker, Slayer, Survivor is a combat-focused expansion that unlocks a new island full of challenges to overcome and quests to seek lost artifacts across the Deadfire. Your party must explore an untamed landscape, rediscover ancient relics, and relive historical battles of Eora in your quest to out-live and out-kill all who stand against you.

The Forgotten Sanctum releases November 2018

The great wizards of Eora have gathered together for a common cause and reach out to you, the Watcher, for assistance. Whether you choose to give that assistance or subvert their plans will have vast consequences for the future of the Deadfire Archipelago as a whole. This endgame opportunity puts you in a position to befriend, betray, or befuddle the greatest magical minds of Eora as you uncover secrets lost for generations.

https://www.game-debate.com/amp/news/25421/newsAmpPage.html

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Dark comedy? Mixed feelings about this.

I mean, At least they realize that some cult following God of entropy played straight would be incredibly lame. So there's that. But seems like it would feel out of place in Deadfire, even if they do pull it off narratively.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The Last one seems like the only one that they actually put effort into thinking about and planing ahead for.

That second one sounds so crappy.. "SURVIVAL ISLAND.. KILL STUFF.. SURVIVE".. wow.. Top tier plot weaving Obsidian. I see why the first two come out a month apart and the actual good one is 2 months out.. likely they will be working on it while working on KILL-STUFF ISLAND.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i mean, if the entire combat island is made with the same care they put into temple of eothas or raedrics then i more than welcome it.

a proper big island-dungeon for slaying shit can be quite good if done well.

EDIT: you know what would make it awesome, making them strip you of all equipment like in most of the FNV DLCs, or make you go only with the Watcher + expansion companions only...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Huh, I'm actually most excited about the combat focused one. Being thrown into a huge island with a bunch of other parties, trying to race them towards treasure or killing/incapacitating them all sounds awesome. I doubt it will release September, though.

Last edited:

Sizzle

Arcane
Huh, I'm actually most excited about the combat focused one. Being thrown into a huge island with a bunch of other parties, trying to race them towards treasure or killing/incapaciting them all sounds awesome. I doubt it will release September, though.

I think they said they would release them 2-3 months apart.

Prime Junta

About that CPU fix, I hadn't noticed any performance issues to speak of on my new box (one noticeable stutter so far, once). I tried the fix and it made no difference, frame rate is at 60 +/- one or two where I've capped it. I suspect this might affect i7s with their virtual CPUs more than i5s (I have a 6-core i5 8600K).

Ziggy

Scholar
inb4 Obsidian Trope Subverting™ and that second dlc being a parody of fornite and pubg and such

Sherry

Arcane
Sherry, there is an explicit warning that something like that is going to happen if you pick up the figurine. I just used stealth to pick up the item and get out before they rose, didn't even try to fight them.

Hi.

okay I did this with Aloth because he is a multi to thief and has good stealth and all just moved other members far away to safety and then the blisters started to rise and Aloth got out but one faST one called Gull followed but Aloth lead it right to the waiting members of the party and killed it then we transitions to another area to be safe. :salute: Thanks for the good tip and Aloth was able to pick everything up including the note and that horn figurine first time I found one then saved once I got back into the city tryingb to get the family on a boat which was the reason we all went down there in the first place but found him dead!

So it so far is the most memorable place we have explored as a group because we had to forced to find another way out and there was lots of risk and sneaking b/c of the patch making everything so hard and already being saved on veteran mode and that is fun but also frustrating and just wanted to get out of there getting sickened and some pillars blasted my party members with bad effects and I try to only rest at inns where we also do leveling up. Might decided to go back to veteran later too but getting back to the gullet from the old city was fun too with the choose your own adventure mode and drawings of moving left alley or right alley and all the little things you could do. :)

The city is massive and very overwhelming but just going with the flow and following quests that interest me and not trying to complete a whole area before moving to the next just making it natural and that makes it more enjoyable to play this way.

Thanks,
Sherry

Prime Junta

Hey, this is fun!

I'm around level 10-11 now. Been ignoring the MQ since pretty much the start and there's tons of fun stuff to do, places to see, monsters to kill, booty to plunder.

The worldbuilding is great and the factions are very well thought-out too. It's a shame about the sophomoric writing, especially the millennial sex-positive herosexual companions, there are real missed opportunities there. The writing talent does appear to have left for greener pastures; P1 felt like a rush job by poorly coordinated but skilled writers (and a few hacks), P2 feels like a careful job by unimaginative and mediocre writers. But eh, who plays this shit for the writing anyway.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am okay with dark humour as long as they don't go philosophical. In fact much prefer former to the latter.
Come on guys,the worst thing about both PoE games is the writing. Why the fuck are you expecting the "Dark humour" to be on the level??? Humour is a lot harder to write than normal writing,they couldm't do normal well let alone humour.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
So now that the dust has settled is POE2 worth playing for someone who enjoyed the first game after the 3.0 patch/WM expansions?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
So now that the dust has settled is POE2 worth playing for someone who enjoyed the first game after the 3.0 patch/WM expansions?

No, there's not enough content to be properly satisfied, wait for all the DLCs and then give it a shot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom