Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How much do mian cmpaign companions have to say in the DLCs? I'm thinking about jumping back in, but I'm undecided on if I should just create a custom party or use companions again. or maybe, I'll just boot up my old save and play DLCs only.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
How much do mian cmpaign companions have to say in the DLCs? I'm thinking about jumping back in, but I'm undecided on if I should just create a custom party or use companions again. or maybe, I'll just boot up my old save and play DLCs only.

I don't know about Forgotten Sanctum, but Sidekicks have more content in the DLCs. Vatnir has in the Beast of Winter and Konstanten in SSS.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Each one of the DLCs gives some love to one of the original sidekicks it seems (except Rekke who got enough of it in the base game).

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Every sidekick has reactivity in the DLCs. Even Mirke.

Ydwin, Konstanten, and Fassina get a dialogue hub and a few special events if you bring them along.

Patch 4.0 also gives every sidekick a final conversation in Ukaizo before confronting Eothas.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Forgotten Sanctum is incredibly good, can't even compare to previous DLCs.

This whole dungeon is very well designed. I think I barely scratched it and it already has great encounters and REALLY fun boss fights. Don't remember the last time I had this much fun in a videogame.

Yosharian

Arcane
Hmm. Cool. I might pick up the Season Pass, then. Just as a temporary distraction to keep me occupied until Kingmaker is ready to be played, of course.

Jokes aside, I've been looking forward to taking my custom 6-person party through the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This whole dungeon is very well designed. I think I barely scratched it and it already has great encounters and REALLY fun boss fights. Don't remember the last time I had this much fun in a videogame.

Two years from now Grunker will write a retrospective calling Deadfire + Forgotten Sanctum one of the greatest RTwP RPGs and everybody will get mad at him again

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So now that Deadfire left early access, can we say it is GOTY?
Nah, I have played at least four better games this year. I’m saying that as someone who thought Deadfire had a lot of good things going for it, despite some flaws.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

I only have Eder and Maia and they say quite a lot. (Forgotten Sanctum)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
fantadomat

Dragon Quest XI
Octopath Traveler
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
河洛群俠傳 (Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon)
Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon does it have a translation? I really enjoyed tales of wuxia.
It doesn't. I'm not sure if they ever will. It has tons of text. Game is great, though. Lots of builds and all 7 weapon types are viable, world is big and seamless with day/night cycle it is and fun to explore, with many fun and funny side quests. Biggest problem of the game is that it is not optimized. Someone else would probably complain about the graphics, but I have never been one of those that needs the latest high end graphics to enjoy a game. With that said, graphics are a bit dated. :P
To be honest, this and the Wuxia games should be played by people who like crpgs. These games are a lot of fun and offer more than a lot of jrpgs do. Also mods. It's great that this game already has mods.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
It doesn't. I'm not sure if they ever will. It has tons of text. Game is great, though. Lots of builds and all 7 weapon types are viable, world is big and fun to explore, with many fun and funny side quests. Biggest problem of the game is that it is not optimized. Someone else would probably complain about the graphics, but I have never been one of those that needs the latest high end graphics to enjoy a game. With that said, graphics are a bit dated. :P
To be honest, this and the Wuxia games should be played by people who like crpgs. These games are a lot of fun and offer more than a lot of jrpgs do.

Are you Chinese?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
It doesn't. I'm not sure if they ever will. It has tons of text. Game is great, though. Lots of builds and all 7 weapon types are viable, world is big and fun to explore, with many fun and funny side quests. Biggest problem of the game is that it is not optimized. Someone else would probably complain about the graphics, but I have never been one of those that needs the latest high end graphics to enjoy a game. With that said, graphics are a bit dated. :P
To be honest, this and the Wuxia games should be played by people who like crpgs. These games are a lot of fun and offer more than a lot of jrpgs do.

Are you Chinese?
Nah, but I have played 3-4 untranslated Chinese games. How I play them: There's a lot of crap I don't understand. Some things in the menu makes sense from other games. Some trial and error. Google picture translate (w/e tf the name is) with phone, and so on. This game was too good not to play. I bought it and intended to only try it out and then refund within the 2 hour limit that Steam has set up. I did not want to refund it after playing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
fantadomat

Dragon Quest XI
Octopath Traveler
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
河洛群俠傳 (Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon)
Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon does it have a translation? I really enjoyed tales of wuxia.
It doesn't. I'm not sure if they ever will. It has tons of text. Game is great, though. Lots of builds and all 7 weapon types are viable, world is big and seamless with day/night cycle it is and fun to explore, with many fun and funny side quests. Biggest problem of the game is that it is not optimized. Someone else would probably complain about the graphics, but I have never been one of those that needs the latest high end graphics to enjoy a game. With that said, graphics are a bit dated. :P
To be honest, this and the Wuxia games should be played by people who like crpgs. These games are a lot of fun and offer more than a lot of jrpgs do. Also mods. It's great that this game already has mods.
I agree with you mate,it is a shame that there are too many posers here :). Wuxia is really fun rpg.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron

Two years from now Grunker will write a retrospective calling Deadfire + Forgotten Sanctum one of the greatest RTwP RPGs and everybody will get mad at him again
He'll introduce us to his review by reminding everybody that rtwp is shit though.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, so the young drake fight in the ruins. Is it just me or is it overtuned on PotD? I only have Eder and Xoti with me and, while it's not *impossible* in general, it's impossible if RNG isn't on your side and you don't abuse chokepoints. That's with using all kinds of consumables. I'm tempted to go back in town and hire 2 other mercenaries just for this fight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom