Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't get over the absurdity of "the birth of the gods" being treated by everyone as such a big and scary secret. The story might as well be treated as another myth of their creation by the world's inhabitants.

2house2fly

Magister
The DLC writers seem to agree that either nobody would believe it or nobody would care. Well, the writers of the main game agree nobody would believe it, which is why Eothas is moved to destroy the Wheel. But the DLC conversations with both Fassina and Ydwin include options to discuss the gods being artificial with them, and they both shrug and say it doesn't really matter. That said, the villain of the third DLC found out the secret and wants to expose it, so there's that

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah I just finished the DLC. Excellent dungeon experience, weak writing ending again with "What would you want the computer to do?" questions. As if the player's agency can't be offered in other ways.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This game crashes more than a modded Bethesda game
I am doing a replay with all the DLCs and it crashed like 5 times by the halfway mark. Also the combat system is shit and Sawyer is authist. They fixed the difficulty only to show how badly thought it is. Ughhhh penetration...

Yosharian

Arcane
I am doing a replay with all the DLCs and it crashed like 5 times by the halfway mark. Also the combat system is shit and Sawyer is authist. They fixed the difficulty only to show how badly thought it is. Ughhhh penetration...
I fought some Xaurips the other day, they had 20 penetration on their physical attacks

my tank dude's got like.. 12 armor

k

AwesomeButton

Patron
I don't know what toasters you are running, but I haven't had any crashes.

I fought some Xaurips the other day, they had 20 penetration on their physical attacks

my tank dude's got like.. 12 armor

k
Like I said, artificial difficulty. Pumping up stats instead of improving tactics or making the enemy abilities more unique and requiring the player to change his tactics.

Sizzle

Arcane
My computer is utter shit, and I haven't had a single crash - even with v1.0 of the game.

Quillon

Arcane
It isn't crashing but performance of the game has been dropping for me overtime, as they add stuff onto the game I guess; beside some actual fps loss, my current initial load time must be 5x of how it was at release and after the initial loading, area transition times seems to me 2x of how it was at release.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

Like I said, artificial difficulty. Pumping up stats instead of improving tactics or making the enemy abilities more unique and requiring the player to change his tactics.

They do different tactics too, for example in POTD they are much better at interrupting your spells and abilities, they are more likely to focus fire your squishies etc.

POTD just adds +2 armour and pen, which just makes armour buffs, armour reduction abilities, pen increasing modals and flanking much more important. There is nothing "artificial" about it, it makes you use more of your tools and indeed while in hard you can attrition grind much more easily in POTD you have to be more on top of your game to use your abilities at right times.

AwesomeButton

Patron
They do different tactics too, for example in POTD they are much better at interrupting your spells and abilities, they are more likely to focus fire your squishies etc.
I haven't noticed a difference on PotD vs Hard which was my first playthrough's difficulty.

Someone didn't like their time in the philologies faculty:

upload_2019-1-13_15-9-19.png

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
As a chanter watcher I had the option to tell Fassina that she should have learnt chanting instead.

Wizards sucks anyway

Seethe

Arbiter

It crashes during loading screens, and when I'm searching wreckage/abandoned villages/tombs/etc. The game also slows down after 1-2 hours of play, it suffers from memory leaks.

2house2fly

Magister
The first game at least had more than one image for its loading screens.
what's insane is that there are other loading screens in the game files. There are Pillars 1-style non-isometric renderings of Tikawara, Poko Kahara, Queen's Berth and the Gullet, maybe others I've forgotten. Plus one new one for each DLC, that you only get in the DLC areas. Why don't they use these loading screens that they already have?!

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Its crashing like hell, yes. The first time I played I had zero crashes, and now with all DLCs its crashing.

This last beta patch is full of bugs. Its just embarrassing. The new naval combat UI is "MISSED STRING" all over it.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
why are you playing the beta patch

Well, let's look at the patch notes:

Resolved Issues
  • Certain conversation prerequisites will no longer be incorrectly locked or unlocked in specific circumstances.
  • The player will no longer be returned to the main menu on transitioning to or from Nekataka.
  • Characters are no longer reaching 0 HP and becoming invincible.
  • Due to the universal fix of assuring companions do not stay at 0HP and invincible, they will also not die if they leave your party due to going below deck.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

POTD just adds +2 armour and pen, which just makes armour buffs, armour reduction abilities, pen increasing modals and flanking much more important. There is nothing "artificial" about it, it makes you use more of your tools and indeed while in hard you can attrition grind much more easily in POTD you have to be more on top of your game to use your abilities at right times.

My biggest gripe with penetration is that it clearly favors certain weapons. Which did not happen in PoEI where just beating the deflection of the enemy mattered.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

My biggest gripe with penetration is that it clearly favors certain weapons. Which did not happen in PoEI where just beating the deflection of the enemy mattered.

That depends because enemies tend to have varying defences, including total immunities. I think its at modals where the weapon disparity becomes most clear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom