Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is there an alternative way to exit after Forgotten Sanctum? Because as I said the gaem crashes every time I try to exit The Hall of the Unseen, so I reloaded an earlier save.

2house2fly

Magister
You mean you can't exit the hall and you're before the DLC triggers? The only way out then is the way you came in, yeah

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
From the main area you enter for the Forgotten Sanctum DLC there are two exits - one is on the north side of the area, past the two imps, that one takes you on the world map. The other one is basically retracing your steps to the temple of Wael with the labyrinth, where you found the Eye of Wael sceptre and fought the spirits.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
… The other one is basically retracing your steps to the temple of Wael with the labyrinth, where you found the Eye of Wael sceptre and fought the spirits.
Yeah, that's the one I always get the crashes at.
But if there's the other one, I can try there.
Thanks!
Although I don't trust you anymore! You're a meanie!

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I never had a crash in those areas or in Deadfire. I don't know, maybe I'm just very lucky or something.

2house2fly

Magister
I've had two crashes taking the vithrack dumbwaiter from the Enclosures to the Spun Terrace, and a few in other areas, but nothing replicable. I've had more problems with the menu screen of New Vegas

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Engwithan Ruins Fight Hard Hahahaha Nigga Just Hire a Druid From the Tavern Like Nigga Use Charm Beast Haha

Seriously though I don't know what they were thinking with this. It's clearly meant for a 5 man party, just the boars alone can kill Eder in couple hits and without a druid you need at the minimum two (2) nature's mark and five (5) cinder bombs just to have a chance at killing them while choking them at the ramp.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Engwithan Ruins Fight Hard Hahahaha Nigga Just Hire a Druid From the Tavern Like Nigga Use Charm Beast Haha

Seriously though I don't know what they were thinking with this. It's clearly meant for a 5 man party, just the boars alone can kill Eder in couple hits and without a druid you need at the minimum two (2) nature's mark and five (5) cinder bombs just to have a chance at killing them while choking them at the ramp.
You can't be playing worse than this guy, and he passes it like this: https://youtu.be/a7-b0OpxN1E?t=1582

FreeKaner

I used to do it 3 man party but it's blood, sweat and tears by the skin of your teeth fight. Choking with your character and Eder on the other ramp, with a trap and cinder bomb, then using a nature's mark with xoti and healing as necessary is how I pass. However if you just hire a ranger and a druid from the tavern, the fight is trivial because you just charm beasts and kill the dragon, then clean up the rest.

Obviously 5 man it's much easier. I meant that the game encourages you to hire adventurers by not giving you regular companions before that fight, Aloth is behind and you only get Serafen after you are done with the Island. You could meet Aloth before the fight for example.

Delterius

Arcane
Last time I tried to start a new run, I just killed the mobs with console.
just fucking stealth into the ruins and they'll go away goddammit you people disappoint me every day

I know you can stealth, but that solution is obviously using a bug, so you may as well kill it with console.
maybe the drake got bored of hanging out with a bunch of panthers and fucked off somewhere

its diegetic

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I don't know about drake, but I definitely got bored of having to suffer through that fight with a 3-man party every time I start a new run. It would be harder to abandon purist monocled principles if it was a boss fight with loot that gives you some advantage later. But sweating your balls to defeat a clump of random trashmobs is just silly.

FreeKaner

Port Maje is way overtuned. The game p. much has a reverse difficulty curve where it keeps getting easier but more busywork, except the megabosses I guess.

I just don't see why there needs to 7-8 level skeletons in the ruins with a skeleton mage that can oneshot your entire party with noxious burst in a place where you can arrive at level 3 and ideally level 4.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Last time I tried to start a new run, I just killed the mobs with console.
just fucking stealth into the ruins and they'll go away goddammit you people disappoint me every day
I've already suggested that. Apparently some people's pride is off limits for their own masochism, and they prefer to struggle with the encounter.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm glad I was reading this thread before starting my PotD playthrough. If I hadn't made a Cypher/Druid character I'd probably be shitposting too.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Port Maje is way overtuned. The game p. much has a reverse difficulty curve where it keeps getting easier but more busywork, except the megabosses I guess.
I can't wait to hear your feedback on the Old City or Sayuka, not to mention far-off side content like the Vampire Isle whatever its name was.

entr0py

Scholar
I can't wait to hear your feedback on the Old City or Sayuka, not to mention far-off side content like the Vampire Isle whatever its name was.

Agree in 1.0 I cleared Old City at lvl 6 with story companions on PotD. Now had to come back around lvl 12-13 to finish the questline, as a 3-redskull risen mage obliterated my party. And the land grubs are nothing to scoff at either if you are running with Galawain's challenge. I probably was overleveled at Sayuka, so was no problem at all. But that undead island, Splintered Reef... I have just finished all the fights in SSS (even the artifact ones) and killed Auranic and Dorudugan mega bosses but those Fampyr mofos handed my ass to me several times yesterday. I was not expecting to get into any trouble there at lvl 20, yet here we are, looking forward to somehow kill them today. :D

AwesomeButton

Patron
In 1.0 PotD wasn't working correctly, whether this was done on purpose or was a bug. Judging by LPs I've watched many people wouldn't have completed the game if it wasn't for the bug. All difficulty settings were serving the same numbers of enemies as Normal.

I've finished FS on PotD and my party is all lvl 20, but I want to try out SSS on PotD as well. However I am becoming convinced that the right difficulty for me would be Hard/Scale All/Only Upwards. PotD's extra enemies don't really require any change in tactics, and only add grind imo.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I just don't see why there needs to 7-8 level skeletons in the ruins with a skeleton mage that can oneshot your entire party with noxious burst in a place where you can arrive at level 3 and ideally level 4.

Oh man, you should never play Kingmaker, then

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom