Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Each 1 out of 10 people have any kind of mental disease - be it light or heavier types in real life, modern world.
So it's not strange that in fantasy settings, with all supernatural beings, magic and demons around we can reach up to 6/10 people or more
with mental diseases , that's why we have so many sexual deviants in many modern crpgs.

Hellion

Arcane
While sailing around some areas I had skipped during my first playthrough I came across an island, and while exploring it I got a CYOA sequence in which

some tribals asked me to lure one of my companions to an altar and sacrifice him/her to Skaen.

You then have the option to
carry out the sacrifice, refuse, pretend to agree then destroy their altar, or just attack the tribals.

Consequences of each action:
Sacrificing a companion gives you this item

S3wjqrv.png

...and not much else. Also, apart from a short sequence at the end of the CYOA instance, no-one really even aknowledges that a companion is suddenly missing.

Refusing to sacrifice anyone: the tribals leave and nothing happens.
Destroying the altar: you "hear laughter coming from the jungle" then nothing much happens.
Killing the tribals: you fight and loot them, then nothing happens.

There are so many ways this sequence could have been improved :| Unless the gods end up aknowledging this whole series of events later on, though I highly doubt it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Another useless thing are the casters because of their idiotic casting times,every single time i casted AoE spell it ended up fucking up my people or doing shit,because most of the enemy move very fast and have the retarded AI that constantly changes targets,also they die fast.
You know you can re-target any spell at any time during casting right

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Another useless thing are the casters because of their idiotic casting times,every single time i casted AoE spell it ended up fucking up my people or doing shit,because most of the enemy move very fast and have the retarded AI that constantly changes targets,also they die fast.
That feature may be unavailable in the pirated version.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
imagine caring about the story for this shitty game, it's like caring about the ending of a superhero popcorn flick.

Parabalus

Arcane
While sailing around some areas I had skipped during my first playthrough I came across an island, and while exploring it I got a CYOA sequence in which

some tribals asked me to lure one of my companions to an altar and sacrifice him/her to Skaen.

carry out the sacrifice, refuse, pretend to agree then destroy their altar, or just attack the tribals.

S3wjqrv.png

...and not much else. Also, apart from a short sequence at the end of the CYOA instance, no-one really even aknowledges that a companion is suddenly missing.

Destroying the altar: you "hear laughter coming from the jungle" then nothing much happens.

There are so many ways this sequence could have been improved :| Unless the gods end up aknowledging this whole series of events later on, though I highly doubt it.

This event changes if
you are a priest of Skaen or you were fond of Skean
in PoE1 previously.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Play POTD, Upscaled level on everything. And stop cheesing and minmaxxing everything. And then tell me the game is piss easy and you can play on auto-AI

Yeah, no.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

S3wjqrv.png

Well, if i was a designer final options to choose will be as follow:

1. Sacrifice Companion who is bisexual - then recieve magical book "Hetero Age by BIware " with +10 Charisma when speaking with oposite gender
2. Leave Altar alone becouse You are quite busy at the moment - tribals starts dialogue about You acting like Coward and one of them follows you while begging to the ship
3. Destroy Altar and then get caught by local Ancient Culture Security and being throw to the jail with a sidequest to break free
4. Teach tribals that being devoted t the gods is wrong becouse they , just like a Skaven doesn't exist , and after charisma check convert them to the atheism
5. Say to tribals that You are a Christian and teach them about Jesus , then found local catholic church in the village center. And when You pay next visit You will
find half tribals killed and rest enslaved by the Inqusition to work on the cotton fields and in the gold mines .
6. Say that You don't give a shit about what they want and back to the ship.

Last edited:

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Is it just me or it seems like this aweigh character has spent like 30 minutes actually playing the game and close to 40 hours diddling around in console, editing the game files and rearranging the mods in alphabetical order.

Some levels of autism require medication, bud.

Why not tell us more about your specific playstyle again before you start throwing the autism tag around.

And he drinks glasses of (((juice)))

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I started the game on classic
:what:

From reading on forums, the biggest issue right now seems to be that POTD is too easy
I am not arguing that the game is not easy on potd. Most people don't play on the hardest difficulty,you do know this,right? I always begin on middle difficulty to get the hang of the game and later i do adjust it to my desire. If you are enjoying playing on hardest,well then more power to you,have fun. Just don't be an asshole and expect for everyone to cater to your own taste mate. Do you think that IGN review is based on POTD,or any other review on that matter?

That feature may be unavailable in the pirated version.
Well actually i never knew it,it goes against my experience with other CRPGs. Oh and Awesomebuttock my pirate version is far superior to yours :incline:. You missed a few posts to rate mate,go back to work!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Combat is manageable and fun (until you figure out the fundamentally shit underpinnings of it) while PoE combat is a cluster fuck. I honestly think that it was a massive mistske to give all classes abilities because it becomes absolute madness when you play it in real time. Some classes should have been based on passive ablilites and item progression rather than active abilities.

As it currently stands it is almost overwhelming for me who have played IE games, RTS games and Dota 2 (Divine 5) for over 20 years. It is not that it is too hard, it's that it's a cluster fuck and tedious to have to go through every little ability that every character has. I can totally understand how this wouldn't be enjoyable for a more casual player and I'm not sure it is giving me any additional enjoyment either.

It feels like they fail to understand what kind of game they are making here. Its like they are designing the combat of an MMO but instead of 1 character you control 5+.

The combat system feels like im playing a dragon quest game. Every encounter alpha strike some poor bastard with volley of guns have everyone switch weapons to melee. 3 casters cast their nukes they always cast and the encounter usually over. Chanter ice spell that reminds me of that one psi spell in underrail absolutely obliterates mother fuckers. The problem is the colors on your guys are not strong as they were in the first pillars game. If your dudes wearing helmets everyone can all start looking samey in combat. You can totally leave your guys auto attacking in real time to win a lot of the trash encounters in this game, I dont see casuals getting too overwhelmed as hard mode feels like story mode most the time.

You can win practically all encounters by autoattacking on Veteran....

The point is that they will get overwhelmed in the sense that they stop interacting with the gameplay systems and let the game play itself which is a failure of system design. For people to enjoy the combat they actually have to engage with the systems and make active decisions, which PoE doesn't really incentivice. Muddling through by right clicking is not fun, it makes combat into busywork rather than core gamplay.

Hey taviow look at these noobs playing on Veteran and complaining about combat.

:troll:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So, not only is the game surprisingly short, it still feels unfinished and rushed?
Yes,in that aspect it feels worst than the first one. I take it that all the money did go to pointless VO and shanties that you hear only 30 seconds of. The game is no more than 30 hours gameplay for 100% if you take out all the shitty loading and the pointless running around. You could even go down to 20 hours if you know what you are doing. If you go only for the main quest,you can do it in say 5-6 hours.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Damn, I have no idea where Xoti is, because I just hired Tekehu and I realized that everybody already got her. Fuck!

At the moment I'm with Eder, Aloth, my character (Swashbuckler) and two hired companions (Crusader and Ranger). I'm saving the spots for Maia and Pallegina, but if it takes too long to recruit her, it's possible I might give up.

About sexuality in the game: I think the idea about Eora is that civilization is completely tolerant of homosexuality and that it is viewed as a normal behavior (as it should be in our perfect world). This helps writers avoid bigger issues with SJW and idiot media, as a whole. It seems to me to be a problem that Obsidian (and especially Sawyer) wants to avoid. I understand this and for me it's not a problem, but the way the dialogues are made makes everything look artificial and silly. Tekehu is just a really boring guy who keeps making sex jokes all the time, I got it. The problem is the dialogue options to respond to it, completely silly and out of tune. This takes me completely from the plot, which should be much more urgent and serious.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Except we aren't IGN, there is not enough time in the world to play/watch/read everything to verify which opinion is correct and whether you like it. With experience, you can filter which opinions have merit and which don't without having consumed the media in question.

Darth roxxor's sure dont have any merit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom