Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grab the Codex by the pussy
But Dragon Age: Origins has no sparkle. Just a dull mass of thoughtlessness.
It has some good quests here and there, meele is fun, and spell combos are cool. The main story is better than PoE2, even the romances are better than PoE2. Just like BG2, is better than PoE2 in everything it tries to achieve. Obsidian tried to imitate popamole games from 10 years ago and it failed miserably. Imagine how unimaginative and incompetent you need to be to apply a known formula and fail in the task.

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The shield wasn't part of the original game, it came with the Collector's Edition.

even without the shield you have the cloak of reflection (or whatever it's even called) that murders beholders just as well

You get that in the fish people city which is both optional and very easily missable as well as after your first beholder encounter.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
The real question is, why are sea shanties sung by what sounds like a predominantly female choir?

I somehow imagined pirate ships being full of rowdy, half-drunk men, not female choir soloists.

I think sea shatnies sung by a choir of robots will be great addon to the incline factor.

So, metacritic score now is 89 again (was 90, yesterday)
Who needs metacritic and similar crap score boards when You already have toilet in every house these Times.

PoE 2 is great crpg and it's a fact.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The cloak of mirroring.
I think it was changed to just absorb magic damage. Meaning beholder could still : kill you/summons, turn to stone, slow, breach your magic defences & dominate you. It's only pure damage attack was something like priest wound spell.

The vanilla balduran shield ofc was cheese.

The SCS beholders though are hilariously nightmarish as supposed to be.

Frankly, even vanilla beholders, even if they added similar item, are too oldschool to exist in PoE. Vampires in PoE2 come closest to IE enemy design, but still are nearly not as dangerous in pure design terms.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I guess I'll give Tyranny a fair try while Obsidian is trying to fix and tune this dumpsterfire. They did add an option to not betray Kyros since that game released right? I want to play as a notable pacifying locals to the mandate of our Lord.

Xeon

Augur
I hope eventually they add an option to sort by type on top of the categories.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Tyranny could be one of the reasons that Deadfire doesn't sell well.

Please, elaborate this spetacular argument
Well Tranny was spectacularly bad,both in design and writing. It was the game that put me on the fence. I do buy obsidian games mainly for the writing. PoE had some very good writing,but mainly terrible one,tranny had only bad writing. It showed the direction that Obsidian was going. That was the moment i decided to wait and see if deadfire will be improvement in the writing department. If the game actually had good writing i would have shilled out 80 bucks for the whole game. Pretty sure that there are quite a few people that got put off by tranny.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Was anyone able to get into Pahovane lower levels? Door is just borked and there doesn't seem to be any puzzle there. I'm guessing one of my quest chains must have borked.

Shadenuat

Arcane
perma-level drain
No such thing in BG too. When temples on every step and half of the party members are clerics it's just minor inconvenience.
You can die from it, and your high level spells just disappear by level drain. What enemies in PoE2 drain your power points/empower points?

Also, there are places where there are no temples. Irenicus dungeon for example. It's not something you can't backtrack and heal, but this status effect is more dangerous than any in PoE, really.

Isn't pahovane on neketaka island ? I don't remember it being tied to any quest.
It is tied to a quest.
valian experiments

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom