Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The first 1.3 million copies of the Witcher 3 that sold on PC, over half were on GOG, a platform that is strongly preferred by a huge number of cRPG enthusiasts.
Because CDPR gave free GOG copies to people who bought 900-series NVIDIA cards. These counted as sales.

... and how many people bought 900-series NVIDIA cards during that promotion?

I would consider that relevant.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
There's inbred jackasses bitching about muh SJWs in this game as well? What ever happened to "don't get offended like a pussy for no reason"? You need the fucking rope, more than you claim that the SJWs themselves need it.
That’s like saying that it’s okay for muslims to come to our country and disseminate values that are against ours. If you are complaining about this you are not man enough and deserve the rope. Complete idiocy and inversion of values.
Of course it's ok for Muslims to come to our country and disseminate values that are against ours. It's called free speech.

Or sperm.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
By the way they really do need to up the difficulty. I haven't used alchemy or potions, grenades or empowers except to try them out. God dammit Sawyer. It's actually making me lose interest a bit just steamrolling everything.:negative:

also why do they insist on kangaroo dragons
I do not use grenades much, but I am trying to work in stun grenades. I had one shining moment though:
In the dungeon below Beraths temple, there is an encounter where a swarm of skeletons climb up from a cliff/hole in the ground. After a while stronger skeletal enemies appear.

I used grenades to clear out the weak skeletons and save my spells
for the stronger skeletal warriors/mages.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I am tired of seeing his "facts".
I'm just tired of seeing this.
22XqK6U.png

Or this.
1526127508872.jpg
That second picture? That must be a photoshop?
If not that is "I want to be Dragon" level or Beamdog level...

Can't confirm if it's real but it wouldn't surprise me given I just ran into this gem:

oIBYcQ1.jpg

Shawty quickly becoming my least favorite companion. But I need those priest spells :negative:

Her main spells are completely retarded. I don't think I've used any of them.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Gotta say, not a fan of spells as abilities. Casters should get Spell Picks instead, and more of them. Sure, half the spells went unused in PoE1 and cluttered the quick-bar UI, but it still feels better knowing they're there than not.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As much as I want this game to sell well so we get a high-effort part 3, I admit I feel smug sense of satisfaction watching their retarded "We're just like DOS2 guys!" marketing plan turn to ash.

Did they? I missed the marketing for the game.

Jezal_k23

Right when the game is actually good, it doesn't seem to be selling. When it kinda sucks because it ruined a fairly well established combat system and replaced it with a nonsensical armor system, simplified all of its attributes and introduced a round robin system turning one of the attributes outright useless and also fucking up any attempts of yourself and the AI to set up combos, it sells like hot cakes and is considered literally the best CRPG of all time.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
FreeKaner

You can find the Health value for all enemies in the Characters.gamebundle file inside the GameData folder:

Untitled.png

All that's needed to increase enemy health is to go one by one, by hand, and manually change each enemy's Health numbers.

It's as easy as pie, but extremely tedious and time-consuming, and I'm not doing it.

Jezal_k23

As much as I want this game to sell well so we get a high-effort part 3, I admit I feel smug sense of satisfaction watching their retarded "We're just like DOS2 guys!" marketing plan turn to ash.

If they hadn't matched Larian on the VO then Deadfire would be considered obsolete right from the start, having been outclassed by DOS2. Maybe it would be selling even worse, because as it is, I think they uhm... at least sold the game to the Critical Role fans... (which might not have been the best audience to be focusing their marketing on, and this seemed fairly obvious even without hindsight).

Maybe it would have sold just the same without the full VO, who knows. It might not be unreasonable to say most of the people who are actually buying and playing it don't care about VO. Budget for the game would have diminished significantly without VO and maybe it didn't even impact sales like they thought it would.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
First player-modded item:

https://www.nexusmod...rnity2/mods/10/

adds a new item to mahiri's shop in neketaka. mainly posting it here so people can ask me questions on how to do stuff like this. I think it's reasonably straight forward but here's more or less what I did:

-make a new file
-copy paste an item similar to what you want to make in there
-change the debug item name and ID (I added an ff prefix and started numbering it at 001. I don't think this will overlap with anything)
-edit whatever you want
-if you want to add unique attacks or abilities, copy paste similar ones in, change their debug name and id, and link them accordingly. ctrl-F the ID's to see where they need to be linked.
-add the name and description (see bmac's thread on this same board on how to do that, or just reference my mod, be sure to give it a unique ID)

I don't think PoE2 is in any pressing need of new items, but it's alleviating to finally see mods popping up on the Nexus.

fantadomat

You can download that file and follow the instructions there to make more Soulbound weapons; replace the ID's in the modded item file with ID's from Soulbound items; however you'll be stuck with using the existing Soulbound progression feats/challenges for now.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
The game is so in-depth, intricate and complex with such a good itemisation. It's a shame that even on POTD there is no reason to utilise them to the fullest. I hope it won't take them too long to bugfix and balance a bit.
Yeah the major hiccups on my PotD Trial of Iron run are bugs. Hmmm.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Most of the things that appeal to people in videogames are pandering. Do you think all those hot women in impossible clothes that want to fuck YOU, you big stud of a player are not pandering? Seriously "It's pandering" is one of the most moronic and out of touch argument someone can come up with.

I don't play Japanese RPGs.

But this is why people don't like this faggotry stuff. We're here taking the piss out of the game and making fun of the absurdity that is a gay shark boy, having a fun time, then out comes the Liberace Brigade to get all upset and offended.

You'd think having a lifestyle that involves your asshole being gaped would cause you boys to loosen up a little.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Apparently there is already difficulty scaling?

Difficulty 3 will set game difficulty to PotD. I don't know if it will limit you to one save or not, but it does increase combat difficulty. You can even increase it more (to 4 or 10 for example), but I don't know the point at which combat will become impossible. I haven't figured out the scaling command yet, but I'll keep trying.

I'm sorry, that was just me being an idiot. I was thinking about the Trial of Iron and somehow mushed that into PotD. I don't know about bugs/issues, I didn't play around with it for an extended period of time. I did try difficulty level 10 and I couldn't cause damage to enemies then, but I was also experimenting with a save from very early in the game.

He's referring to console command Difficulty XXX. Previously it was discovered Difficulty Veteran/PathOfTheDamned/etc changed it to that difficulty, but apparently using numbers 1-10 also changes the game's difficulty. That OBS poster says that he apparently made it so difficult enemies were untouchable.

Grab the Codex by the pussy
The first 1.3 million copies of the Witcher 3 that sold on PC, over half were on GOG, a platform that is strongly preferred by a huge number of cRPG enthusiasts.
GOG is a drop in the ocean compared to Steam.

But this is why people don't like this faggotry stuff. We're here taking the piss out of the game and making fun of the absurdity that is a gay shark boy, having a fun time, then out comes the Liberace Brigade to get all upset and offended.

You'd think having a lifestyle that involves your asshole being gaped would cause you boys to loosen up a little.
:lol::lol::lol:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
The game is so in-depth, intricate and complex with such a good itemisation. It's a shame that even on POTD there is no reason to utilise them to the fullest. I hope it won't take them too long to bugfix and balance a bit.

Honestly, I think Sawyer is full of shit with this tale how they prioritized fixes and polish over balancing the difficulty. Because the first game had exactly the same situation. Eder and Pallegina upfront, Sagani and Aloth in the back, Durance in the middle, PC wherever he needs to be, and you would just tank-and-spank most of encounters effortlesly.

They deliberately tune down the difficulty on launch for the sake of the reviewers and then repatch it after couple of months for the grogs doing their 2nd and 3rd and 4th playthroughs.

Sentinel

Arcane
I was walking by this guard in the Imperial Guard Lower Deck and I noticed that she sounds almost exactly like Carrie Patel. Did she do some easter egg voice work or something?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
These "why shouldn't I tell X about this" dialogue option are depressing.
Because everytime it comes up, I check and realise that I can't tell anybody anyway.
And there are quite a few of them.

My favorite being when you can tell Maia What stops me from telling the whole DEADFIRE about this ?
:lol:

jf8350143

Liturgist
When it comes to sales there is another thing to consider: they have announced the game will comes to console later this year(didn't do that back when PoE comes out), with all the DLCs and patches coming with it. So some people are waiting for the console version.

Can't say how many but I've seen quite a few people will wait for the Switch version.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:retarded: O gods those devs are retarded! The flyinghangmen is worst ship than the ship that you could by for 5000-64000 in the main city. It is just glorified galleon,that is just sooooo meh,having in mind that i had to endure half an hour of loadings! Fuck them with an iron dildo in the ass!!!

EDIT:It is even worst than a galleon,you can't upgrade it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom