Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2 Pre-Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'Obsidian Entertainment' started by Infinitron, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Project Louisiana?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Pillars 2 probs

^ Top  
  3. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Pillars of Louisiana. A post nuclear POE/Fallout crossover.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. One-and-a-half-Ivan Erudite

One-and-a-half-Ivan
    Josh also tweeted a song from True Detective S2. The first season of the show takes place in Louisiana as well.
    Coincidence? I think not.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300
    Yes.

At least Louisiana is next if I'm counting games correctly.

^ Top  
  6. One-and-a-half-Ivan Erudite

One-and-a-half-Ivan
    So Louisiana is probably POE2, right? Because it's Sawyer's project.

^ Top  
  7. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    I wonder if they're going to share a building or something, or both just diving in due to the tax concessions

Anyway, calling Codex detectives, time to break the scoop for a new article ?

^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Uh, what?

^ Top  
  9. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    Someone should probably do some digging in the trademark databases, with all the talk about a possible Kickstarter for a new IP and Stormlands possibly being an IP they get to keep as well.

I think Bubbles was implying certain Codexers would be a good fit for that job. +M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    I do that occasionally. Most companies are more careful* about this than inXile, though. For example, Bethesda's Fallout 4-related trademarks didn't show up until the day it was announced.

*(or "careful", considering Fargo has probably figured out this is a decent marketing tactic)

^ Top  
  11. Fairfax Arcane

Fairfax
    STORMLAND. Filed by Insomniac Games, Filing Date October 31, 2013.
    THIRD EXTENSION - GRANTED
    11/9/2015

Interesting.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    ^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Probably just a coincidence.

Anthony Davis Do you have anything to add to this

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    ^ Top  
  13. Sannom Augur

Sannom
    I'm going to second Infinitron (I think?) on that one and say "Uh, what?".

^ Top  
  14. Fairfax Arcane

Fairfax
  15. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Insomniac is a Sony-partnered developer, Obsidian's Stormlands was supposed to be an XBone launch title, so of course it's a coincidence.

^ Top  
  16. Fairfax Arcane

Fairfax
    Not really. Sunset Overdrive was an X1 exclusive, Fuse was multiplatform.

^ Top  
  17. hemtae Learned Patron

hemtae
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    For what its worth, Insomniac also made XBone exclusive title Sunset Overdrive.

^ Top  
  18. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    I wonder if this is a hint from oldm8 Dim

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  19. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    Maybe it's the equivalent of a pity brofist.

^ Top  
  20. Irenaeus II Unwanted Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Unwanted
    PoE2 will be named Yorktown

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    I think Louisiana is a project they just started (PoE2 most likely), so I doubt there is an Indiana or Mississippi

^ Top  
  22. Fairfax Arcane

Fairfax
    Louisiana can't be PoE II because AW is Ohio and the Brian Heins project is more recent than AW. IIRC Sawyer also said they'd work on it after the expansion.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

What are you up to there Josh. Seems too late to be related to White March Part 2.

^ Top  
  24. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    Maybe this is how he is training his younger protege designer.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Oooh:

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)