Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2 Pre-Announcement Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
With Brandon and Josh involved, chances of Louisiana being Pillars 2 are over 90% imo

Fairfax

Arcane
Considering AW is Ohio and its development started in 2013, I'd say that's very unlikely that it's PoE II. There's still the Stormlands 2.0 project they're supposed to announce soon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Considering AW is Ohio and its development started in 2013, I'd say that's very unlikely that it's PoE II. There's still the Stormlands 2.0 project they're supposed to announce soon.

We discovered that Stormlands 2.0 is Project Vermont, remember

Theldaran

Liturgist
Man, I would like a proper Vampire game. The problem here is that today, it would be heavily influenced by Twilight, 50 shades of Grey, and emo writers (Vampire's original designer was kinda emo already), and it would aim to please those audiences, namely dark kids.

Enviado desde mi Edison 3 mediante Tapatalk

Fairfax

Arcane

We discovered that Stormlands 2.0 is Project Vermont, remember
Right, I forgot to check the posts instead of the pic I'd saved.

1 Delaware - Knights of the Old Republic II [2003-2004]
2 Pennsylvania - Neverwinter Nights II [2004-2006]
3 New Jersey - Dwarves [2005-2007?]
4 Georgia - Alpha Protocol [2006-2010]
5 Connecticut - Aliens: Crucible [2006-2009]
6 Massachusetts - Mask of the Betrayer [2006-2007]
7 Maryland - Dungeon Siege III [2007?-2011]
8 South Carolina - Storm of Zehir [2007-2008]
9 New Hampshire - Fallout: New Vegas [2009-2010]
10 Virginia - XBLA Action RPG [2009-2011]
11 New York - South Park: The Stick of Truth [2009-2014]
12 North Carolina - Stormlands [2010-2012]
13 Rhode Island - ??? [2010-?]
14 Vermont - Brian Heins' Project/Stormlands Reloaded* [???]
15 Kentucky - Prey 2 [2011]
16 Tennessee - Pathfinder Card Game [2012-2016]
17 Ohio - Armored Warfare [2012-2016]
18 Louisiana - ??? [2013/14-???]

Guess it could be PoE II. MCA mentioned in a 2014 interview Obsidian was working on 9 pitches. If at least one of them was greenlit, they're at Indiana already.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
When Project Stormslands is going to be announced ?

I remember it will be announced few months later, but what it exact date ?

Sannom

Augur
Hey. At this point, I have a mind to call it one of Feargus' patented moments when he talks about things too soon.

Fairfax

Arcane
Yes, he talked about announcing their second crowdfunded game in late 2014. Could be the next Fig campaign.

likaq

Arcane
If it is poe 2 or crpg set in high fantasy setting then i don't care.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait just a fucking minute...look at Josh's Twitter account! https://twitter.com/jesawyer

u6RB9y2.png

Since PoE started development, he's always had a location from the game he's currently working on as his Twitter location.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Revua

Project Louisiana confirmed to be Pillars of Eternity 2, set in the Vailian Republics city of Revua?

Last edited:
Eh. I expected we'd be in the Vailian Republics for PoE2 (it's clearly the geographic location with the most setting development outside of the Dyrwood), but I was hoping they'd go for someplace weirder like Rauatai, The Living Lands, or Deadfire Archipelago. Oh well.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Like Baldur's Gate before it, they just keep going south.

Fry

Arcane
In production already = no crowd funding?

That would be nice.

Jinn

Arcane
I would love to see a PoE II set in the Vailian republic. Particularly with Sawyer's love of history, I think we can expect a lot of passion put forth towards this setting.

This gonna be good.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Vailia huh.... I was hoping for something more 'out there' tbh. The Living Lands sounded cool.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I was hoping to leave the Eastern Reach myself, but Vailian Republics is fine. With all the Readceras stuff in TWM I was sort of dreading that they might set it there, which would have been a shame considering how similar it sounds to the Dyrwood.

Seaking4

Learned
Happy they avoided Aedyr and I'm guessing staying in the Dyrwood was out the question.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Yeah fair enough, it is better than Aedyr or Readceras.

Does that model from Sawyer's Instagram seem... a lot higher poly than any of the models in PoE? I wonder if they might be moving to a more "modern" style of RPG for the sequel.

Fry

Arcane
Meaning? There's no way in hell they're dumping isometric or dramatically changing the engine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom