Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

doggfookker

Educated
Hey, does anyone want to see...

my eternal pillar?

;-)

Tjaron

Educated
... Are they just trolling everyone at this point?
Sawyer telling you almost all cRPG's character system are doing it wrong and then creating a fabulous system where Might make you a better healer and cast more powerful spell so now he can play a muscle wizard (and you must be bodybuilder wizard now to cast powerful spells or heal because that makes much more sense... right ?) and you did not notice the trolling already ?
While muscle hypertrophy is in part responsible for strength gains, a significant part is due to neural adaptions. Your CNS becomes more adapt at sending contraction signals to your muscles. That is why powerlifters and olympic lifters are usually significantly smaller and yet stronger than most top bodybuilders. So just think of "Might" as having a very powerful CNS (instead of a big, muscular figure) which also helps in channeling powerful magic.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I'm bored, so I'm going to post the stuff from the newly updated credits from v435:

Three Environment Artists apparently also worked on the game:

Kelvin Nakamura (Environment Art Intern)
Jena Mae Ruhl
Demi Warren

The outsource studio was Streamline Studios

Additional Art (which probably means portraits and/or icons?)

Aaron DuBois
Nicole Evanich
Bobby Hernandez
Jessica Kernan
Geoff Schofield

Audio Designer

Adam Lehwald

Additional Programming

Preston Hulcy (we heard about him during the production meeting)
Chris Jones
Nate McDorman
Bryson Thill

The four unknown QA (probably hired later)

Markus J. Burks
Blake Cramer
Charles Teng
Ken Tran

CASTING AND VOICE

Recorded at PCB Productions, Los Angeles, CA

Talent Direction: Valerie Arem

Cast

Valerie Arem
Edward Bosco
Richard Epcar
Todd Haberkorn
Mela Lee
Matthew Mercer
Dave B. Mitchell
Liam O'Brien
Tara Platt
Sam Regal
Cindy Robinson
Gigi Sarroino
Patrick Seitz
Stephanie Sheh
Michael Sinterniklaas
Chris Smith

There's also a special thanks section which includes VO people eg. Orion Acaba (he did the E3 narration) and Elspeth Eastman also did some voice. It's possible that some of those people did the voice sets?

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Test video about damage calculation

I'll make a better one at a later stage. I forgot a few things, and the recovery time formula is wrong.

Sensuki

Arcane
What he means is - if you want to be able to use any modding other than edited code, support that thread, because now you can't edit items, spells or abilities without extreme difficulty.

Weasel
Surprising, given this recent interview:

While Pillars of Eternity doesn’t have the funding – or the underlying tech – to support modding the way some other games do, Obsidian will do what it can.

“It’s kind of hard because we’re using Unity as our engine, which means there are certain things we can’t give the modders access to,” director Josh Sawyer told GameWatcher.

“But we know there are already backer beta players on our forums making mods, which is great. If they want to change balance or flip around the UI screen, why would we have any problem with that?

“As long as we can support it, which is not always easy on a Kickstarter budget and a middleware engine, we will. I’m hopeful that not only will people make some great mods for Pillars, we’ll also be able to open up the game more for modding down the line.

“It is a single-player game after all – whatever experience people want to have, that’s fine by me.”

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
It's most likely an unintentional side effect of the memory optimization pass. Doesn't matter, what's important is are they aware of it and are they going to fix it? Even if they have absolutely NO time whatsoever for it right now, at least make a promise to fix it by v1.1. It's pretty bad to give something to people and then to take it away.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I just played the beta again for first time in couple of months. Combat seems much improved. However, there is barely any soound in the game. Is there a bug with the sound? I hear no music, no background noise etc.

Sensuki

Arcane
For the next version of the IE mod, we'll have a bottom bar UI submitted by Karkarov which I like a lot better than Kaz's one. It's pretty evident that Obsidian only spent a couple of hours on the solid UI just to shut everyone up. I wouldn't be surprised if they laughed that people were happy about it or something.

Below are a couple of WIPs, the bottom one is a 99% finished version of my preferred layout

jjgVTxj.png

Apexeon

Arcane
For the next version of the IE mod, we'll have a bottom bar UI submitted by Karkarov which I like a lot better than Kaz's one. It's pretty evident that Obsidian only spent a couple of hours on the solid UI just to shut everyone up. I wouldn't be surprised if they laughed that people were happy about it or something.

Below are a couple of WIPs, the bottom one is a 99% finished version of my preferred layout

jjgVTxj.png

So are you saying OE are lazy with there UI?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So Obsidian hired a white (possibly half-Asian) woman to voice Pallegina, good to see blackface is still alive and well.

Sensuki

Arcane
Actually I'm not 100% sure who did Pallegina, I just thought it was her based on the imdb picture. Whoever it is sounds the part, they put on a Jamaican style accent for her.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well all those female vas are either white or asian.

Also Cindy Robinson and Gigi Sarroino are the same person.

Deleted member 7219

So Obsidian hired a white (possibly half-Asian) woman to voice Pallegina, good to see blackface is still alive and well.

:retarded:

Unless she does a "ching chong ding dong" voice I don't see how the fuck you can say that.

It is like saying The Theory of Everything was ableist because they didn't hire a disabled actor to play Stephen Hawking.

Actors act. In ancient theatre men often played women, and women often played men.

Sensuki

Arcane
Yeah I found that out about 10 minutes ago when I looked her up on google. It's likely a mistake in the credits.

Several of the VO people were (surprise) in Fallout: New Vegas

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Unless she does a "ching chong ding dong" voice I don't see how the fuck you can say that.

White actors playing black characters is blackface, simple as.

Actors act. In ancient theatre men often played women, and women often played men.

It's my understanding that women weren't allowed to act at all in some places during certain time periods.

The Fish

Arcane
I think the Jamaican accent they gave her is more dubious. Surely she should have some sort of Italian accent? Do they think Mario Balotelli has a Ghanaian accent rather than a Brescian one?

Duraframe300

Arcane

Yeah I found that out about 10 minutes ago when I looked her up on google. It's likely a mistake in the credits.

Several of the VO people were (surprise) in Fallout: New Vegas

Yeah, I mentioned it before, but Liam O'Brian was actually at Mickey's and Stephanie's marriage cerenomy.

Dude has a lot of connections to VO's in general.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom