Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

Ninjerk

Arcane
What a gong show.

Torrasque01

Augur
Bester do you have any idea where to go and alter chant durations? The chant files only have their level and effect.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I don't believe you. :) They're just abilities and all abilities (or effects?) have a duration field.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75269-update-93-patch-103-important-community-fixes/
We currently have an issue with adventurer hall-created companions not being able to lockpick on old saves. We are looking to hotfix it, but if you feel this will affect you, you may want to wait on the hotfix.

What? Hotfix? HOTFIX? 6 HOURS OF UPDATING THE MOD DOWN THE FUCKING DRAIN, CAUSE YOU'RE GONNA PATCH THE GAME EVERY FUCKING DAY WITH HOTFIXES? FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK FUCKF UCK FUCK FUCK UFKC UFKXCUJKC FUCKFUCKUFKCUKC

Oh and nice update by the way:
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75263-20-permanent-penalty-to-concentration-after-the-patch/
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75207-cant-interact-with-locks-after-patch/

They knew about the lockpicking issue before they released that patch too, just wanted it out the door. I've had that -20 concentration on my characters before the patch as well, looks they haven't fixed it (I actually have 2, but one is suppressed)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Updated the mod for 1.0.3.0526, but used the same code as for 524, cause I'm pretty tired and don't want to look for inconsistencies between the two versions. If there are any, people will find them the hard way while I get some sleep.

Torrasque01

Augur
I don't believe you. :) They're just abilities and all abilities (or effects?) have a duration field.
Could you check one chant and show me where? I could just be dumb and not see it. And is there a way to read MonoScript type components?

Last edited:

covr

Prophet
Patron
Updated the mod for 1.0.3.0526, but used the same code as for 524, cause I'm pretty tired and don't want to look for inconsistencies between the two versions. If there are any, people will find them the hard way while I get some sleep.

With lastest version of your mod, game is crashing for me after Obsidian logo. But after I deleted IEmod folder (I left .dll file) game is working.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Has the no autosave guy submitted his code to be added to the mod? That's one other features that moda added that i find indispensable for performance sake.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Could you check one chant and show me where? I could just be dumb and not see it. And is there a way to read MonoScript type components?
Yeah, so chants produce phrases and not effects and so don't have a duration field. Their duration is recitation time + linger time.
Recitation time: (Level * 2) + 2
Linger time: level + 1.

At least that's what I found in the code. Aren't they supposed to be chanted quicker and quicker during the battle? At least that's how it looks in the chant editor. I really don't know much about chanters...

No, you can't read monoscript components, because they're just references to actual .cs scripts.

Bester Sensuki would it be hard to mod accuracy boost back into perception?
Not hard.

Has the no autosave guy submitted his code to be added to the mod? That's one other features that moda added that i find indispensable for performance sake.
No.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I took the pre-nerf slicken and copied it over the new one but the effects for it are purple squares, anyone knows if that's fixable?

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I took the pre-nerf slicken and copied it over the new one but the effects for it are purple squares, anyone knows if that's fixable?
http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/26/ Warning: I haven't tried it because I have the GoG version.

(It's nice to be able to enjoy all the pre-nerf goodness when no-one can call you a cheater. :P)

Seriously though, I don't understand Sawyer's obsession with 'balance', particularly because the game is anything but balanced (or even logical) anyway. And it's more than just overpowered spells. E.g. Shades are L5 monsters that put L7 Forest Lurkers to shame. And often hard fights are 'gating' encounters that lead to much easier fights. And a sword enchanted against Spirts is carefully placed in a container that you find only after you kill all the Spirit type monsters in the area.

It feels almost like if their next project is going to be an MMO and they've decided to use PoE as a testbed. Which would be a horrible idea on so many levels...

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/26/ Warning: I haven't tried it because I have the GoG version.

(It's nice to be able to enjoy all the pre-nerf goodness when no-one can call you a cheater. :P)

I really don't understand Sawyer's obsession with 'balance', particularly because the game is anything but balanced anyway. E.g. Shades are L5 monsters who put L7 Forest Lurkers to shame.
Got the purple shit with those.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

I really don't understand Sawyer's obsession with 'balance', particularly because the game is anything but balanced anyway. E.g. Shades are L5 monsters who put L7 Forest Lurkers to shame.
Got the purple shit with those.

Could you tell me what they changed in Slicken exactly?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They turned it from a persistent field into a one-time affect aoe.
Oh, yeah, I see, they changed Pulsating AOE to regular AOE.. The also changed the duration of prone from 2 to 4.

Alright, there you go, now it's pulsating again and prone duration is back to 2 seconds: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62420848/slicken.unity3d

No purple shit, but I couldn't find all vanilla visual effects, so one had to be replaced. Instead of black grease, the liquid is now lighter.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
They turned it from a persistent field into a one-time affect aoe.
Oh, yeah, I see, they changed Pulsating AOE to regular AOE.. The also changed the duration of prone from 2 to 4.

Alright, there you go, now it's pulsating again and prone duration is back to 2 seconds: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62420848/slicken.unity3d

No purple shit, but I couldn't find all vanilla visual effects, so one had to be replaced. Instead of black grease, the liquid is now lighter.

Thanks a lot Bester...btw did you patch iemod to be compatible with the hotfix yet or should I still avoid it?

:love:

Torrasque01

Augur
Bester it would be cool if in the future you coded some kind of item mod manipulation. Like add all of the unique effects to the enchanting interface. I think they were all in there in some early beta.

luzarius

Barely Literate
Bester, is it possible for you to make the Assembly-CSharp.dll use voice files from the PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\audio\vocalization directory instead of the PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\vo directory? This way we can add new voice acting for npc's with no voice acting.

luzarius

Barely Literate
Nevermind the question in my above post. I just discovered the game uses unity3d files with VOAssets that link to the actual sound files. This means I need to create a .unity3d file for any NPC that does not have voice acting. The unity3d file must contain a VOAsset for each new voice file for the npc.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
How hard is it to modify XP values? You could probably stand to halve the XP from everything and still hit max level. I'd probably remove all XP from locks and traps as well.

Edit: Yet another hotfix, yay :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom