Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity delayed to early 2015

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Feargus Urquhart; Obsidian Entertainment; Paradox Interactive; Pillars of Eternity

Since the release of the backer beta, many backers of Pillars of Eternity have guessed that it would probably be delayed beyond its originally scheduled release date of Winter 2014. Well, today somebody at Paradox seems to have decided to leak the news early:

Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive announced today that the highly anticipated fantasy role-playing game Pillars of Eternity, originally scheduled for release in late 2014, has been delayed until early 2015.

Feedback through the beta process from those who backed Pillars of Eternity on Kickstarter has been extremely helpful. The development team are listening to the feedback and are incorporating changes to ensure fans absolutely get the best game possible. This short delay will allow Obsidian to produce the quality of game that they can be rightly proud of.

"Since the very beginning of this project we promised our fans and ourselves that we would release this game only when we knew it would be absolutely ready for the best experience possible. We're very close to that point, but not quite there yet. The feedback we have received through our playtest process has been invaluable to us. We are coming into the home stretch but are pushing the release out just a bit to make sure we honor that promise we made originally. Thanks for your patience and support, it will be worth the wait." – Feargus Urquhart, CEO Obsidian.

Both Obsidian and Paradox are aware of the anticipation the thousands of people who donated to the Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter campaign have, many of whom have been clamoring for a game in the style of classic role-playing games for years. And, rest assured, no one is more anxious for the completion and release of this game than we are. However, we are excited to get the extra time to incorporate the feedback and add additional polish.

Your enthusiasm and support has been energizing for everyone and we're just as excited as you are for this game to come out and kick this new renaissance of classic style CRPG's into high gear!
Good news, I guess. I wonder how they're funding it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Cassandra of the Codex my fucking ass.

Grunker said:
Roguey said:
Grunker said:
Roguey said:
Grunker said:
If I had a hat, I would be willing to eat it if PoE comes out this year.
:hmmm: While unfinished, it looks like a more complete product than Wasteland 2 or D:OS did during their beta releases. What gives you the impression it won't be finished by December?
The fact that it's an Obsidian game.
This has been better-managed than their other games. Noticeably better managed than the aforementioned Wasteland 2, D:OS, and also Dead Man's Switch.

Okay, whatever you say. Let's see come December.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If they take the same amount of time that Wasteland 2 did, the game will be out in March. Maybe they can still make it before that, though, and give Roguey a smaller victory.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If they take the same amount of time that Wasteland 2 did, the game will be out in March. Maybe they can still make it before that, though, and give Roguey a smaller victory.

I'm not sure how that's a victory of any sort. My only claim was "not this year", which was what she contested, citing the worse management of other, perhaps even more timely, games.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I expected it, and I am somewhat glad that they did delay it. I think Obsidian needs to flesh out the system more, particularly with the talents/feats.

Although given Sensuki's dedication, I am wondering if he can survive several more months of it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Confirmed by badler: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68878-pillars-of-eternity-early-2015-beta-feedback-and-game-polish/

Through your help and feedback, the Pillars of Eternity team has spent the past two years creating a fun, fulfilling experience. An open development has enabled us to interact with our fans and backers in a way we weren't able to in the past, and this has really helped shape Eternity into a game that we all hoped it would become. Plus, with the Backer Beta, we have been able to get excellent feedback from our backers that we are using to shape Eternity into an even better game. We really can't thank you enough.

To incorporate as much feedback as possible, polish every nook and cranny of the game, and make sure we don't ship a buggy game, Obsidian has decided to push the game's release into early next year. We are going to use the extra time to make Eternity shine for our backers, and a game that we were proud to call our own and would live up to your expectations.

Once again, we want to thank you for making this all possible. With your help we can bring Eternity across the finish line.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
What are the chances of a Steam Early Access release in December, I wonder.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Through your help and feedback, the Pillars of Eternity team has spent the past two years creating a fun, fulfilling experience.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I wonder what led both inXile and Obsidians to initially give a wrong date. It's like, they were accustomed to make isometric RPGs in a certain amount of time and later found out that something drastically changed in the development pipeline.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'll use this again.

ogm9A2A.gif

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Btw, Paradox's own RPG Runemaster have or had similar release date as Pillars. I bet Runemaster will be released much later than Pillars, though.

Tigranes

Arcane
A CRPG has been delayed? Who would have thought?

Someone should grab a definitive statistic to show how many RPGs actually come out on time.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A CRPG has been delayed? Who would have thought?

Someone should grab a definitive statistic to show how many RPGs actually come out on time.
I believe Mass Effect 2/3 and Dragon Age 2 were all delivered on time.

Deleted member 7219

Good - I have more than enough on my plate this year. Wasteland 2, Alien Isolation, Dreamfall Chapters, Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition and I need to play the director's cut of Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

It does look like this will clash with The Witcher 3, though. They need to be careful, because I think a lot of people will want to buy both.

Black

Arcane
They should use this time to remove rtwp and unbalance it.
Good - I have more than enough on my plate this year. Wasteland 2, Alien Isolation, Dreamfall Chapters, Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition and I need to play the director's cut of Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

It does look like this will clash with The Witcher 3, though. They need to be careful, because I think a lot of people will want to buy both.
The fuck are you doing???

Deleted member 7219

They should use this time to remove rtwp and unbalance it.

The fuck are you doing???

Broadening my horizons.

Black

Arcane
Oh, you're going to Thailand?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom