Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity delayed to early 2015

Diablo169

Arcane
Oh thank god, hopefully now they have enough time to completely redesigned the combat so it's actually fun.

Weasel
They needed the time, obvious given the state of the game. Glad to see it delayed as expected.

Sprout

Educated
I believe Mass Effect 2/3 and Dragon Age 2 were all delivered on time.
Wasn't there talk about ME3 being delayed at some point? Don't remember how much or if there was a release date already. As for DA2, well, let's just say it was delivered on time the same way Kotor 2 was. Which just goes to show you...

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
that´s great, they have to polish lots of things :)

by4G24O.png

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, between all the other RPG releases this year and the underwhelming reception to the beta this was basically a foregone conclusion no matter what Urquhart said before. On the flip side, my ability to enjoy Dragon Age: Inquisition just increased marginally because it won't be spaced so closely with a similar RtwP fantasy romp.

Good news, I guess. I wonder how they're funding it.

Middleware stuff?

Self-Ejected

Yuri Gagarin

Self-Ejected
What a shocking turn of events! But I'm actually glad they are delaying the game. They should delay it even more, a December 2015 release date would be perfect, I think.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Broadening my horizons.

I'd say you could do better, and to be quite honest, at a much cheaper price. Dragon Age: I can easily be replaced with any Mass Effect game (from what I've seen it's closer to that then say DA:O. Not sure where DA:2 resides), Assassin's Creed can be replaced with the older Assassin's Creed etc. $40+ for any game is a bit much, in my opinion, but what do I know?

OT: I had a feeling this was going to happen, but I'm still a bit dissapointed. I haven't exactly had high hopes for this game as of recent date, but I still paid good money for it and I at least wanted to try it a bit sooner rather than later. Ah well, there's always Icewind Dale.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why would I be upset about being wrong? I've said it before, and someone even made it part of their sig: I'm wrong all the time.

Looks like the 2014 RPG of the year will be an interesting clash between D:OS and Wasteland 2.

I believe Mass Effect 2/3 and Dragon Age 2 were all delivered on time.
ME3 and DA2 were both delayed. For DA2, they had that insert in Awakening that had 2-1-11 written on it, and when that date finally come around, they announced an anti-climatic Bioware Bazaar thing.

jdinatale

Cipher
It's always best to gather your party before venturing forth.

I'll be awaiting your brofists all night.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
It was bound to happen. Hope that the extra months gives them enough time to tighten everything up.

Hormalakh

Magister
Good news. Hope they listen to even more feedback

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom