Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Obsidian Entertainment' started by Infinitron, Nov 15, 2017.

1. CptMace Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Why, Thaos of course. Those who decided not to fuck his soul up at the end of the first game will be granted the opportunity to reach to it, help it get reincarnate once again. His powers won't be near as important, of course, but he'll team up with the watcher to fuck Eothas up, or something. Thaos Cipher/Priest of Woedica confirmed as a companion for POE2.
    I figure you'd appreciate yet some more "unwise hope" :p
    Not that insane, if we consider BG as the benchmark for pillars, it's basically TOB's Sarevok.

What I found interesting here though, is that there's a list for both Eothas and Gaun.
    edit : parabelus beat me to it. :argh:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    ^ Top  
  2. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Xoti is a priestess of Gaun, so that isn't a mystery. If the spoiler subclass is only for an incidental NPC, why does it unlock stuff every level? It seems playable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    And they were thematic and oozing atmosphere. Running back to fight bandit attacks was not fun.

^ Top  
  4. Sizzle Arcane

Sizzle
    A critical question is at last answered! :lol:

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. CptMace Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    PL 9 Unlock - Citzal's Enchanted Armory || I foresee a must-have for fighter/wizard.

PL 9 Unlock - Whirling Dervish || some love for close combat rangers !

PL 9 Unlock - Sacred Sacrifice
    PL 9 Unlock - Divine Immolation || Paladins are fucking maniacs.

PL 9 Unlock - Exploding Palm || A monk life is indeed a lonely life.

PL 9 Unlock - Chopping Wood || To the contrary of the fighter, who fucks like crazy.

Unless it has to do with respec, or the fact that companions join at level 1.
    Or maybe, it's more probably an optional multi-class option as stated before.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ruzen Learned

Ruzen
    Why are people so hung up on secondary things in games? The first game had a stronghold to fool around, it wasn't implemented well until 3-4 patches. Things like factions reacting, prisoners, etc... but nevertheless It was a good fun It wasn't like holding you back "the experience". Now we have pirate & magic thing and It's fun to get a different mini-games within the game. It's always to spice things in the town, questing, dungeon, reward cycle with different things. Maybe it will turn into money sink or maybe wasn't fun enough but straight out go against it just because some rpg purist agenda is a weak argument to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Sizzle Arcane

Sizzle
    Maybe it's a special subclass for those who chose to empower Woedica at the end of PoE1.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Once more unto the Codex Learned Patron

Once more unto the Codex
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Let’s not forget the Steel Garrote subclass. That is her Paladin order if I remember correctly.

^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    If Gaun is really a thing in this game, maybe in the end you'll have the option to turn Gaun into Eothas' primary identity.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    so are priests now the best spellcasters since they made wizards shit???

^ Top  
  11. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    I was under the impression that sailing will not be a seconadry thing like the stronghold in the first game was.. *which seemed tacked on to cover a stretch goal* patches made the stronghold mechanics better w/ more things to do but it was always an afterthought imo.. Sailing seems more integral and Sawyer seems to be doubling down on it if his recent bloggings and posts on SA are anything to go by

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    In what category? Purely in damage terms, Chanters are the best due to summons. Now that I think about it, maybe they are the best at everything casting-wise, especially since their quite powerful AoE debuffs are instant and their buffs are their usual chanting.

^ Top  
  13. Naesaki Novice

Naesaki
    On the topic of Multiclassing would something like say Cipher/Chanter work well at all or would it be one of those thats spread a bit too thinly for it to be even remotely effective?

The idea of it interests me but based on whats been said here and on the Obsidian forums, Cipher in PoE 2 is really underwhelming in the beta thus far.

Another multiclass I like the idea of from an rp standpoint is Ranger/Chanter.

Though I suppose outside of the higher difficulties and PoTD I guess you can really do whatever combination you like and not suffer too badly.

^ Top  
  14. FreeKaner Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

FreeKaner
    Can someone make an increased HP and increased csater damage mod? It should be just percentage scaling, shouldn't be anything too complicated.

^ Top  
  15. CptMace Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    I'm pretty sure everything will work® as it's the foundation of sawyerism. Now, Cipher/Chanter is interesting because there are plenty of ways to play them. Focus on summons, on cipher's spells or build on both classes' passives.
    But anyway, don't fear the potential lack of effectiveness. It's a party-based sawyerist game, you can afford to experiment anything buildwise.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Ulfhednar Learned

Ulfhednar
    Hard to say since they're apparently doing a major overhaul for ciphers in the next beta update.

^ Top  
  17. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Everything technically worked in the IE games, too. I'm currently in the middle of a gnome Thief/Cleric run through the entire BG saga and it technically works. It's not as crazy as Mage/everything else, but it's obviously doable and it's cool. It works with a party that is, but I don't see why it wouldn't work even solo. Well, maybe not in SCS, but I'm not particularly sure how a solo playthrough of SCS works in general.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Naesaki Novice

Naesaki
    This is very true, I'm probably worrying for nothing in that regard :P

Are they now, hmm guess will just have to wait and see on that front. I did really enjoy them in PoE tbh, so if I can get the same enjoyment that'll be grand, and I'll probably carry across my Ixamitl Cipher into Poe2.

^ Top  
  19. tripedal Learned

tripedal
    You won't be able to get it if you multiclass though, no?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. CptMace Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Would you suggest me to dual class my 500k xp archer into a cleric ? :smug:

Ah you might be right indeed. Might be the spell worth building a pure wizard for close combat purposes, citzal style. I loved playing this build in twm2.

^ Top  
  21. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    That is a really fringe case. Why would you have 17 WIS as an Archer to be eligible for Cleric? Even so, when you get back your Archer skills, you still have a potent Cleric that has access to all Druid spells as well, even if you lose the main benefit of being an Archer. Doable, but fringe.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Did PoE2 change the party size? 6 seems overkill with multiclassing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. 2house2fly Erudite

2house2fly
    Yes, party size is 5 now

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    • retadred x 4
    • butthurt x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Edgy x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Ent Learned

Ent
    I'm pretty sure level 9 stuff is solo class only.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)