Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Pillars of Eternity II expansion DLCs revealed

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Apr 24, 2018.

1. taxalot I request a spice shipment immediately. Patron

taxalot
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Click here and disable ads!
    At least Bethesda makes decent expansions.

• Funny x 3
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • No x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Gaius maximus Scholar

Gaius maximus
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Elex Learned

Elex
    Parrots:
    it feel soo wrong that i don't know where to start.

they are telling me to not buy the game and wait for a complete edition?
    they suggest me game is not complete and they need one year for put in all?
    they are telling me it's an episodic game?
    they are selling me the game today but they will complete it in a year?
    they pretend the game is 25$ while instead is a 50$ game?

this is offensive, i mean it's like their marketing team suggest me to not buy the game.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Iskramor Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Iskramor
    Parrots:
    Possibly not an argument.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. fobia Learned Patron

fobia
    Parrots:
    If PB would have told you they were working on an addon for Gothic II before the original release, would you have not bought it, because of the same concerns?
    Or are you just making up "reasons" not to buy the game, that have no foundation in the DLCs and the info we have about them whatsoever?

Yeah, I think it's the latter option as well.
    Your posting is offensive, I mean it's like you made shit up to harvest some ratings from the usual suspects that hate on this game.

PS: ELEX!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. HoboForEternity Arcane

HoboForEternity
    Parrots:
    You people are really overracting this time.

ELEX's argument is kinda legit since it is true for some people, especially if it is a mid game expansion.

Saying 3 DLC is a spam is downright idiotic. If you wanna see a spam of DLC go to any other paradox games steampage, or go to your local favorite AAA games by local favorite publisher

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    Parrots:
    I came here for lulz!

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    I hate DLCs as much as anyone with a brain should, but I never understood the "complete game" irritation.

If you really like the game, chances are you'll replay it later and the DLCs will spice it up if you so choose to use them.

If you only play once and you fear you're "missing out", that's a phantom feeling - it's rare that the DLCs will make you love a game that you otherwise hate. And, at least in theory, the game is feature complete, and DLCs usually add new content as well as some B- or C-priority features (i.e. non-essential to the design vision). So if you enjoyed your single playthrough, and it turns out later that you missed some DLC releases, why does it really matter? It's like people who demanded that POE2 let you have infinite "non-combat-active" party members so that they can guarantee not missing any of the content. I mean, in any good RPG you'll be missing out on alternative outcomes or alternative character developments by playing once, too.

My objections to DLCs are based on the fact that they fragment new content and make it hard to present a proper overhaul of the game, and that they are usually used to push shitty retarded horse armour. I couldn't care less that they can't release the "super definitive version" on Day 1. To do that, you can't have expansions, either, you'd just need to drop support for the game after 1 patch.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Elex Learned

Elex
    Parrots:
    it’s a different era, today i am 100% sure that i will find the complete edition with 40%-50% discount when the last DLC is released. (in addition to the inevitable rebalance and fix patch).

with gothic II instead was a miracle to find a shop selling it.

of course all game do that but when they put in even the dlc release date really feel like an episodic game.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    ^ Top  
  10. Ocelot570 Novice

Ocelot570
    Parrots:
    Personally, I do not really care about DLC's. I will buy them if I like the game or not if I don't like it. It's not that hard of a decision to make.

^ Top  
  11. Anomander Rake Learned

Anomander Rake
    Parrots:
    Why are you people getting mad? They are actually encouraging the consumers to get a bug free experience one or two year after release with full dlc and expansion. And you despise them? You should thank them

• incline incline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. UnknownBro Savant

UnknownBro
    Parrots:
    I really want these guy to suceed and deliver a proper good balanced RPG.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Balanced Balanced x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    Funny thing here is that Honest Hearts had the least time/budget spent on it. Sure it all made sense behind the scenes.

^ Top  
  14. TheSentinel Magister

TheSentinel
    Parrots:
    "Seeker, Slayer, Survivor"? That has got to be the worst expac name I've ever seen.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. TheSentinel Magister

TheSentinel
    Parrots:
    they had Chris Avellone directing & writing most of them.

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 4
    ^ Top  
  16. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    I am sure it will be pretty :balance: game. Don't expect fun.

• Balanced Balanced x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. Gaius maximus Scholar

Gaius maximus
    Parrots:
    ok then,my phrase should end with "to make their own dlc" .
    but since they are so old skool and incline and all that,they could make a nice expansion full of new stuff and reasonably priced like the old days.

^ Top  
  18. Iskramor Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Iskramor
    Parrots:
    Dead money was shit

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Shit Shit x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Bohrain Learned

Bohrain
    Parrots:
    I can understand the DLC's from business point of view since you want to have some content to sell while most of the people still have the game installed.
    Whether I actually want to buy them heavily depends on how good the actual game is, which I'm not too optimistic about especially considering their current writers.

^ Top  
  20. eXalted Savant

eXalted
    Parrots:
    Thanks, will wait and buy the full ultra deluxe edition in 2020 on -50% discount.

^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    As the gaming industry has evolved from a seller's market (where the typical gamer used to play only three or four games a year) to a buyer's market (le eternal Steam backlog), people are increasingly interested in reasons not to buy games. It's like a sort of anti-market. Somebody could probably write a fun satirical novel about this phenomenon.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    Parrots:
    Interesting thought, never thought about it from this viewpoint.

^ Top  
  23. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    I can admit I started to look at games this way because I at all times have a backlog and I am reluctant to add more games into this backlog. So games that I once would at least try, now I put off or ignore.

^ Top  
  24. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    Parrots:
    You just doing it wrong.
    Never buy game at sale "for future", buy game when you want to play it right now.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. CRD Learned Patron

CRD
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    People want to play a complete experience without need to go back and replay what they already saw in mid game expansions just for minor extra content.

We want to experience the whole game at the same time, not in pieces, it's easy.

If the expansions where at least new adventures post end game without much relation to the ending like cutting content and then ask for more money to get the whole story and proper ending, I'm still sure some people would wait for it, but a minor percentage.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)