Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #45: The Ship System

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, as people in that thread have noticed, it's apparently remarkably easy to generate random strings that turn out to be GOG codes.
Seriously? LoL. Well, there are only so many combinations of 6-character strings, I guess.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Now not to derail people inane jabbering, but the ship combat looks interesting.

Seems that it could hide some simple fun if it goes deep enough.

KevinV12000

Arcane
Okay, this looks great Obsidian, but can I "choke people out" on the ship?

If I "choke people out" will the ship still work?

How about if I "choke out" only half the crew? Will they still be mad.

I want to have fun "choking everyone out" and seeing what will happen.

Awesome!

[Note: I was making fun of Davis' ridiculous posts in the Kingdom Come release thread where he creepily goes on and on about choking people out in-game....]

Last edited:

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Shit. Now they came to this.

nijhyhh.jpg

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
So them Muppets are a preview for new POE2 cutscenes , correct?
Jokes aside, the reason they used puppets in the video might be just some bland shit with their looks. Like the girl got acne, or Leonard punched this Josh-fella's face flat or something.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Jokes aside, the reason they used puppets in the video might be just some bland shit with their looks. Like the girl got acne, or Leonard punched this Josh-fella's face flat or something.

The reason for the puppets is pretty simple.

Mikey (our PR community lead dude - sorry, I can't remember his exact title) had an idea to use puppets for a backer video.

We have an artist at Obsidian, Mitch, who is very crafty and is always making things. For example, I have two severed head Christmas tree ornaments that look like me, only in puppet form.

So Mikey asked Mitch if he could make puppets for Katrina and Josh, and Mitch made those amazing puppets in his free time over a month or so, and they made the video.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

The reason for the puppets is pretty simple.

Mikey (our PR community lead dude - sorry, I can't remember his exact title) had an idea to use puppets for a backer video.

We have an artist at Obsidian, Mitch, who is very crafty and is always making things. For example, I have two severed head Christmas tree ornaments that look like me, only in puppet form.

So Mikey asked Mitch if he could make puppets for Katrina and Josh, and Mitch made those amazing puppets in his free time over a month or so, and they made the video.

Ah you're no fun. We all know you've had a gigantic company-wide orgy and every member of the Pillars team has at least 30 different STDs with gigantic pimples on their faces. Stop trying to cover it up with these bland explanations.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
As far as video updates go, I'd be keen to have them demo some of the NPC behaviour Bob Null mentioned in this interview:

Interview By William Murphy on August 03, 2017 - MMORPG.com
Bobby:
We’ve added NPC schedules to improve the overall bustle of the city. These schedules also allow us to create additional ways for players to solve quests in creative ways; pickpocketing, reverse pickpocketing, time-of-day NPC locations. All these things can factor into solving quests now. Pathing has been overhauled along with major improvements to combat AI. In a nutshell, the NPCs will feel more like real people in Deadfire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom