Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #55: Seeker, Slayer, Survivor Screenshots

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Seeker, Slayer, Survivor

As you might expect, Obsidian have published a Pillars of Eternity II Fig update about the game's upcoming Seeker, Slayer, Survivor expansion DLC for those who missed its reveal at PAX West this weekend. Screenshots, some brief details, the usual.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

In the slightly nearer term, the update also announces a date for the 2.1 patch, which will be adding the god challenge modes described in last month's update. As I recall, those were supposed to be out in August. Instead they're coming on September 11th, just two weeks before the new DLC - which is supposed to be accompanied by another patch adding two more god challenge modes. Will Obsidian be able to meet their schedule?

Patch 2.1 and Incoming

Patch 2.1 will be available on September 11th! It's currently on the Beta Branch, and Josh Sawyer would welcome any feedback you might have for the God Challenges below:
    • Abydon - The more you use weapons and armor, the more they will wear down and become "Damaged". This modifier will make them progressively worse and eventually destroy them, unless the mods are removed through Enchantments. Choose the items you will wear into battle wisely!
    • Skaen - With Skaen's challenge, when indoors or at night, fog of war encroaches more. Torches and lanterns can partially offset the additional fog of war, but only a little.
    Next month, we'll be bringing our first Mega Boss, Belranga, to Deadfire. This poison-dripping monstrosity is only for the highest leveled players and will test your party's mettle to new heights. We'll have more information on Belranga and her ravenous brood in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!​

It seems there's been some confusion here. I'm pretty sure the first Mega-Boss is also supposed to come out alongside the new DLC, meaning this month. This is what happens when you fall behind schedule!

• Brofist x 3
    • decline x 3
    • When words are not enough x 2
    • meh x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Safav Hamon Learned The Real Fanboy

Safav Hamon
    Parrots:
    Great promotional artwork!

[​IMG]

• Brofist x 5
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I didn't know what these God Challanges will be, at first I thought they are going to be some simple fights or quests. But these are actually adding a new flavour to the whole game. Can't wait to see the other challanges in the future.

^ Top  
  4. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    Parrots:
    Seems like a heavily dungeony DLC. Just what the doctor ordered.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Safav Hamon Learned The Real Fanboy

Safav Hamon
    Parrots:
    More of an arena than a dungeon, but I'll be satisfied as long as there are well designed and tactical encounters. They're claiming it's the hardest challenges in the series yet.

My fear is that if they make the DLC too difficult it will review poorly. I've heard many people raging at the Neriscylas fight in Beast of Winter, and White March got bad reviews for the same reason.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Necroscope Arcane

Necroscope
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    I'm still waiting for them to fix Principi's "dance with the dead" quest that prevents me from finishing the game.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. skyst Savant

skyst
    Parrots:
    The Neriscylas encounters were the best part of BoW. I was a level or two too low for the first encounter and it was actually quite challenging, basically the only time that I ever had to use consumables, summons, empowers to refill abilities, etc for anything other than speeding up a fight. If you don't wipe a few times on a boss fight then it's probably not balanced correctly.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Safav Hamon Learned The Real Fanboy

Safav Hamon
    Parrots:
    I agree, but that doesn't stop idiots from whining that it's too hard. An entire DLC full of even harder fights will get bad reviews.

^ Top  
  9. TalesfromtheCrypt Arcane

TalesfromtheCrypt
    Parrots:
    So how is this game now with patches and DLCs? My Cuckstarter CE will probably arrive today, I just might start up this puppy.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Sizzle Arcane

Sizzle
    Parrots:
    It's alright, but if you've already waited this long - why not hold it off for a few months more so you can play the entire game with all DLCs?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Then wait a year more for the definitive edition.

^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I don't think this game will have a Definitive Edition. At least, not a formal one that comes out after a year. I think the game will be considered "definitive" when the console version is released, which is supposed to happen at the end of the year.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Fred Educated

Fred
    Parrots:
    Weapon degradation is such a no fun mechanic (unless everything is well designed around it). Why are they doing it.
    Next patch, the game will alt tab every random 30-60 seconds.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)