Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #57: Patch 3.1

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

The next Pillars of Eternity II expansion doesn't come out until December, but the game's content roadmap promised various additional updates before then. Those updates were released today in the form of the surprisingly extensive Patch 3.1. As specified in the roadmap, there are two new god challenge modes and a Colossal Ooze mega-boss (don't try to grapple it). The patch also includes a variety of elaborate new features, such as premade characters and a Tyranny-esque Spell Shaping ability for casters. I'll post the executive summary from the accompanying Fig update, but you can read the full patch notes here.

Update 3.1

The patch is live! Some of the highlights of Update 3.1 include:
  • UI Simplifications
    • Ship UI will now be hidden until you can access your ship
    • More options for auto-hiding elements of the HUD
  • Spell Shaping
    • Available for Wizard, Druid, Priest, and Chanter classes; this passive ability allows spell casters to adjust the radius of certain AoE spells to increase the power level or area that the spell can reach
  • Magran's Fire Difficulty Additions
    • All Challenges can now be done on any difficulty in the game! Play through with new challenges for a new, interesting game experience
  • New Berath's Blessings
    • ...Can I Pet Him Anyway?
      • The time has come, friends... Edér can now equip a pet
    • Infamous Past
      • Gain the Infamous Captain passive ability and live the life of someone who has survived a mutiny
  • Premade Characters
    • Characters can now be imported to use on various playthroughs through Deadfire. Characters can be chosen in character creation, or by visiting taverns and recruiting them as Adventurers
New Challenges

Berath's Blessings weren't the only thing to get some additions in this patch. Two new challenges have been added with the 3.1 update.
  • Hylea - Vela is rather attached to the Watcher and won't leave your side, the poor thing, so it's up to you to protect her. If you don't, the game ends!
  • Rymrgand - Food will start to expire! Foods like hard tack will expire more slowly, but you should still stay vigilant and ensure a supply of fresh food!
A New Mega Boss

A new Mega Boss can now be challenged! This colossal Ooze is prepared to face some of the strongest teams that dare brave it! Can you discover it's location and take on this fierce enemy?​

As for what comes next, it appears that Obsidian have altered their plans. There was originally supposed to another mega-boss this month and an additional two in November. One of those mega-bosses appears to have been axed and the other two have been postponed to December and beyond. The upside is that there now appears to be an additional planned god challenge mode for Woedica, apparently scheduled for release after the final expansion. That'll be Patch 4.1, presumably. I have to say that Obsidian don't seem to be treating Pillars II like a game that commercially disappointed. Perhaps it's what you can expect from a company that knows it's about to receive a huge payday anyway...

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tyranny spell crafting :(

God that was such a well done feature, the spell system in Tyranny is arguably the most enjoyable in combat spell slinging of any RPG ever. Obviously Arcanum and Larian's inspired by Arcanum system works best overall.

Pity about the rest of the combat system

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Ah, the good old neo-Obsidian tradition of adding pointless shit like talking parrots and flail physics. Whats next? Burning barrels? Oh wait, they already bragged about that

• Gain the Infamous Captain passive ability and live the life of someone who has survived a mutiny

Oh boy an extra pirate-themed feat, what a yuuuge selling point I cant wait !!!!!! /s

A new Mega Boss can now be challenged! This colossal Ooze is prepared to face some of the strongest teams that dare brave it! Can you discover it's location and take on this fierce enemy?

Some minigames, some pirates, some romances.. and now some MMO "megaboss" shtock. This game truly has it all!!! And yeah, a giant Ooze is totally not ripped off DnD like the rest of the creatures
giphy.gif

Terra

Cipher
Been putting off playing this till the third dlc is out but with stuff getting axed and pushed back I can just see that dlc getting pushed back to 2019.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Ah, the good old neo-Obsidian tradition of adding pointless shit like talking parrots and flail physics. Whats next? Burning barrels? Oh wait, they already bragged about that

Oh boy an extra pirate-themed feat, what a yuuuge selling point I cant wait !!!!!! /s

A new Mega Boss can now be challenged! This colossal Ooze is prepared to face some of the strongest teams that dare brave it! Can you discover it's location and take on this fierce enemy?

Some minigames, some pirates, some romances.. and now some MMO "megaboss" shtock. This game truly has it all!!! And yeah, a giant Ooze is totally not ripped off DnD like the rest of the creatures
giphy.gif
Be careful not to cut yourself with all that edge. All that you listed (and more) is added in a free patch, so it is fucking commendable.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have to say the inner workings of a cucked mind seduced by decline still puzzle me to this day. Just what is commendable? That the patch is free?
That they give extra content in a patch, not just bugfixes. And you started bitching about it like it was nothing.

Also Dreed who started using the NPC meme rating on my posts:
200.gif

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
That they give extra content in a patch, not just bugfixes.

Wow. Insane. Totally unheard of in the gaming industry. They could have done nothing, but nooooooooooo instead they have BLESSED us with RPG content such as the "it-took-me-a-minute-to-make" pirate feat! And the fag Eder can finally have a meaningless pet!! In light of being bestowed such generosity consumers don't deserve a say, so we should all gobble up Sawyer's cock and swap his cum for doing his job as a developer.

On a more serious note, here is your diagnosis: your standards simply eroded so much that you have become no more than a brain-dead drone, exhilarated for every little bread crumb they lay before you. Before you know it, you will be fellating developers for things such as more than 3 dialogue choices and skill checks. Believe you me.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Dude, give up computer games and get laid instead. You'll be happier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom