Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Pillars of Eternity II Q&A Streams #9 and #10

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Aarik Dorobiala; Brian Heins; J.E. Sawyer; Nick Carver; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Two weeks ago, Josh Sawyer and Brian Heins ran a Pillars of Eternity II Q&A stream to answer questions about the recently released backer beta. It looks like Josh spent so much time responding to questions about mechanics changes that Obsidian had to run another stream the following week to finish covering the topic they had originally meant to discuss, which was showcasing various multiclassing options. For the first time ever Josh was absent, replaced by systems designer Nick Carver.

But that wasn't very interesting compared to this week's stream, where Josh and Brian returned once more to give us our first look at the upcoming next version of the beta. Josh demonstrated many of the changes he announced on Twitter last month, including the addition of more spell selection opportunities for Priests and more grimoires for Wizards, and the replacement of Might with Strength. He also revealed previously unseen features for the first time, such as the game's new Dragon Age-like character AI customization system (which even allows sharing AI script files like the Infinity Engine games) and the much-demanded walk toggle. Other topics discussed include traps, penetration, recovery time, and the return of grazing.

It's a pretty important stream for Pillars of Eternity II beta testers. Unfortunately it looks like Fereed from Reddit hasn't come around with a transcript this time. The new beta version itself will hopefully be released in the not-too-distant future. According to Josh, it was almost released this week but for some last minute issues.

Trashos

Arcane
The behavior editor looks good. Hopefully, it will allow for interesting encounter design, either from Obsidian or from modders.

The changes to penetration sound like huge decline. You 've got all those numbers and parameters in your system, why did you put them in there if they are not supposed to mean much? (modders will fix it etc-etc)

Hopefully, Kyle is not the tester for PotD. :lol:

Decreasing the number of priest spells sounds good.

The axing of spell restrictions for priests and paladins is decline. It takes the R out of RPG.

PotD is not there so that the weak players can feel good about themselves, Josh, it's there so that the stronger players can be challenged. If you have testers who beat PotD battles on first try, you are doing it wrong.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Decreasing the number of priest spells sounds good.

This is not new

The amount of spells you get is now being increased over what it is currently, not decreased

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom