Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II releasing on April 3rd, at least three DLC expansions planned

Sentinel

Arcane
Why's every 2017 account a complete edgelord
at least I joined to defend PoE

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why's every 2017 account a complete edgelord
at least I joined to defend PoE
Not your proudest moment, joining just to defend shit.

I joined to troll Hiver. Managed to get him to put me on ignore list within 1 week :D
Cuck

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I know you are trying to be sarcastic but... yes, everything D&D is better than anything Sawyer can come up with, and NWN2 is bad despite the D&D, not because of it. To be honest, the D&D ruleset is about the only thing that keeps the game interesting until you get to some of the better parts later on.

I am trying to play PoE, I really, really am. But the system is terrible. It is easily the worst RPG system I have encountered, far worse than almost all that come to mind. And I played a LOT of RPGs. It's kind of stunning how bad they made real time with pause. It was always bad, but that you can make it that bad is almost horrifying. Sadly, everything else other than the combat is also boring. I am not trying to be edgy. The game is just no good.

Learn what armor class is then we speak. Hint its degenerate schizophrenic bullshit....

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Hey man give him a discount, he's too busy fellating Sawyer & Co. to pay attention to other, proper, RPGs.

Dude, seriously, what happened to you? As far as I can tell, you used to like PoE1 (and Obsidian), in the past, at least a little bit.

Then you took a 180° turn, and now you stalk every PoE2 thread, arbitrarily rating shit/retarded even posts that seem to indicate that the sequel will be better (at least in some aspects), and constantly saying how everything will be shit, just you wait!

Do you even want to play it? Because if not, and not that I'm telling you what you should do, but wouldn't that energy and time be better spent on something you actually think you'd genuinely enjoy?
? I still like PoE. What I don't like is people promoting re-reviews of games to shift public opinion on them, shamelessly showing their bias by not doing the same to other titles (DOS: EE for example). I already said plenty of times what I liked about PoE.
I was hoping they'd fix my gripes with it in the sequel, but instead the lead writer leaves, and the shit tier writing team from Tyranny joins in. Add to that the fact that none of the gameplay systems were fixed or improved, instead they just piled up more shit on top and removed good stuff from PoE (ie vancian casting), and what do you expect? Me to be hyped? No, thanks.

Now, if you're butthurt about me rating your post mocking D&D "shit", that's a-whole-nother deal. Just don't go around trying to guess what I think. I'll keep following Obsidian threads and games, because Obsidian have made my favourite RPGs of all time, so I will probably have remains of hope for some years to come.

Nigga leave paul kirsch alone

Falksi

Arcane
Curious to see what they intend to do with those DLCs. At nine bux each they add up to 30, which is what WM1+2 cost. If it's similar in scope but just broken into three chapters rather than two, that could be good.

On the other hand, it could always be horse armour.

Obsidian is not immune to cashing in, but I’ll eat my hat if they release any purely cosmetic DLC. I mean, come on. The White March expansions were better than the base game. The New Vegas expansions were incredible. The NWN2 expansions were what made NWN2 worth owning.

Have faith, comrade. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of anyone who does DLC better than Obsidian.

Spot on.

I'm just playing through POE for the first time, and have spent around 7 hours in White March at the very start of Act 3, and - as much as I was enjoying the base game - White March shows significant improvement in a lot of areas.

It's clear that they sat down and addressed issues which the base game suffered with, and THAT is how to do DLC for me. Hell that's the whole reason it was birthed in the first place - to give us more & better of what we want.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
apcpreorder-768x506.jpg

Sea Monsters and Fishing DLC screenshot leaked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom