Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #82: Creatures; Backer Beta on Aug 18

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Crooked Bee, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Broseph Filthy Degenerate Dumbfuck

Self-Ejected
    Andhaira
    August 18 is only nearly a bare month away. I doubt they can release the full game in 2014 though, probably Q1 2015.

How many here are eligible for the beta? And did everyone agree on the in game codex thingie that we had a secret subforum on to decide?

^ Top  
  2. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    This isn't an inXile/Larian beta. The goal sounds like a release candidate-quality demo for getting UI and systems feedback. Once we're in August, it's nothing but testing and polishing from here on out with no additional content creation.

^ Top  
  3. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    I gave $50 if I remember correctly (though I didn't do the Codex thing because, meh, PoE). That must include beta access, no?

^ Top  
  4. Jedi Exile Arcane Patron

Jedi Exile
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    We haven't seen a lot of stuff, so this isn't really surprising. The updates were mostly about systems and lore.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    On kickstarter minimal pledge including that is 100 bucks. So no unless they would pull of Larian and just give early access to all backers.

^ Top  
  6. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    $110 actually.

^ Top  
  7. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    Oh right. I think that was also one of digital add-ons?

^ Top  
  8. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Yeah although if you finalized your pledge, you can't change it. I'm not sure if they've been offering support for manual add-ons or not.

I forgot to pay for my $8 OOoE (which was an option) before I finalized my pledge and sent them an email about it, they said they were not able to change it for me.

Apparently they are offering it, it just depends whether they answer your support email.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    ^ Top  
  9. Excommunicator Arcane

Excommunicator
    I quite like the spider illithid/Vithracks. I think they could be interesting enough on their own without always needing to be compared to the illithid. Hopefully they take the opportunity to differentiate them as much as possible

The other ideas like Xaurip are not so interesting.

^ Top  
  10. jdinatale Arbiter

jdinatale
    >Implying that Obsidian is somehow above delaying their games.

^ Top  
  11. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    How about you stop pretending you're on /v/ while you still have your teeth

^ Top  
  12. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Wouldn't you have to get the chance first?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. jdinatale Arbiter

jdinatale
    What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    I still stand by my prediction that this will be released this year.

^ Top  
  15. Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor Patron

Blaine
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I pledged the cost of two and a half Razer mouse pads in Brazil, so I'm eligible.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)