Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity Presentation at PAX East 2015

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Pallegina was shunned by her parents and had trouble in the military order that took her and the society in general... but she has motherly instincts about "her" country? How is that her country when it rejected her whole life? People with experiences like that dont get to be big patriots, ffs.

I haven't watched this yet, but some of the most patriotic people here in the States are some of the people most thoroughly and excitingly fucked over by the structure of our society. y'know, poor motherfuckers. it's always possible to rationalize away how the bad things that happen to you are your own fault, how you deserved to be punished, how maybe you were misunderstood, or how maybe institutions are "full of good people with that one bad apple at the top."

hiver

@crawkill
None of that was mentioned. But otherwise i never saw such an example in rl.
She is not one of the poor who have nothing else to cling to but some fantasies about "patriotism" and "glory of great state", I have a neighbor who goes around wearing badges of the flag on his hat and sings the hymn as he walks around but he is a nutjob who doesnt get hit over the head every five minutes out of pure pity, or because people just dont want to waste their time.
She is not even a proper member of the same race. Of course a writer can invent anything to force this cheap paradox in so the whole deal seem deeper but "poor people fucked over by the state/politicians/system" is nowhere near the description of her life which is much more personal rejection on a far deeper level.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Crooked Bee, DarkUnderlord, Infinitron - where is the rpg codex interview with the PoE team we just heard about at the company meeting? I want to read it!

I'm working on it Anthony! I only have two thumbs to work with... :troll: Also, you get mentioned in the interview......

Awesome! I'm glad it is being worked on!

How in the world did I get mentioned? Hahahaha, look forward to reading it!
I'm curious about what was said about the interview at your company meeting...? :hmmm:

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Company meeting?

Now I am excited. Incline of the Codex.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Crooked Bee, DarkUnderlord, Infinitron - where is the rpg codex interview with the PoE team we just heard about at the company meeting? I want to read it!

I'm working on it Anthony! I only have two thumbs to work with... :troll: Also, you get mentioned in the interview......

I'm curious about what was said about the interview at your company meeting...? :hmmm:

So the format of our company meetings, is that the entire company gathers in the main lounge (which is huge). Feargus will open with some points and greet new hires, then it goes to each project leader who gives an over view or status update. When Josh came up, he talked about some PoE dates and business, then he covered PAX East.

This is as close to a quote as I can remember, "after that, we gave an interview to RPG Codex which was awesome and fun to do."

I almost fell down when he said it. :brodex:

Deleted member 7219

So the format of our company meetings, is that the entire company gathers in the main lounge (which is huge). Feargus will open with some points and greet new hires, then it goes to each project leader who gives an over view or status update. When Josh came up, he talked about some PoE dates and business, then he covered PAX East.

This is as close to a quote as I can remember, "after that, we gave an interview to RPG Codex which was awesome and fun to do."

I almost fell down when he said it. :brodex:

I hope morale at Obsidian is still high now that PoE is about to release. Don't layoffs tend to happen around this time? I was hoping all the PoE team would be moved onto the expansion / next Kickstarter / other RPG and I know you've got that tank thing going on, so I'm hoping Obsidian are in a good place.

serch

Magister
MCA published a photo of mindx2 press pass on twitter
B_iDZvNW8AAFZtW.jpg:large

Edited for phoneshitposting

Last edited:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I hope morale at Obsidian is still high now that PoE is about to release. Don't layoffs tend to happen around this time? I was hoping all the PoE team would be moved onto the expansion / next Kickstarter / other RPG and I know you've got that tank thing going on, so I'm hoping Obsidian are in a good place.

People on PoE are tired, no doubt, but they seem to be in good spirits. The game is fun, people seem to be positive about it, and that can really help energize people when they are tired and running out of gas.

Yeah, apparently Sensuki threw me under a bus or something over at the Obsidian Forums about some comment I made about the old Stronghold. :)

I had Tim Cain ask me directly if what I saw on the stream about the stronghold was better. I don't remember saying anything overtly negative about the stronghold, and I haven't read Sensuki's post, I just thought I said something like it wasn't exactly my cup of tea or something to that effect, but maybe I was negative about it...

Someone refresh my memory.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Adam Brennecke also confirmed that the interview with the Codex was awesome to do. I asked him there were any "loaded" questions, he laughed, and said something like, "Of course, it's the codex."

mindx2 - i'm super stoked for it, thanks for interviewing them!

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Tim Cain designed the stronghold.

Nah, Josh Sawyer designed the Stronghold. Tim Cain programmed it.

Well, and I only this because Tim Cain was actually talking to me about this - Tim Cain designed the Stronghold, Josh then requested redesigns.

I do think that Josh's design changes were extensive, but Tim Cain was involved every step of the way - and he likes the final version - even if it is different from the original design he had.

If that makes sense.

Deleted member 7219

People on PoE are tired, no doubt, but they seem to be in good spirits. The game is fun, people seem to be positive about it, and that can really help energize people when they are tired and running out of gas.

Yeah, apparently Sensuki threw me under a bus or something over at the Obsidian Forums about some comment I made about the old Stronghold. :)

I had Tim Cain ask me directly if what I saw on the stream about the stronghold was better. I don't remember saying anything overtly negative about the stronghold, and I haven't read Sensuki's post, I just thought I said something like it wasn't exactly my cup of tea or something to that effect, but maybe I was negative about it...

You said the stronghold looked better in the stream, and had more features in the build you played. As someone who works for a software company I know how developers appreciate people saying things are better than they were, so don't worry about it.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

You said the stronghold looked better in the stream, and had more features in the build you played. As someone who works for a software company I know how developers appreciate people saying things are better than they were, so don't worry about it.

I think it was in reference to what I said about the stronghold back in December or January. Hahaha, no one was mad.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think it was in reference to what I said about the stronghold back in December or January. Hahaha, no one was mad.

This? :

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ull-game-impressions-unmarked-spoilers.96472/

"The Stronghold: I'll be honest, the Stronghold didn't really do it for me. Yeah, the buildings get better and repaired which is nice. Followers walk around, which is neat. I never got an invasion, which was a bummer. On the plus side, it didn't feel like I was being forced to do anything and it didn't bother me. It does look nice and I think for people who like Strongholds more or dig into it deeper, it might be better."

hiver

Well, and I only this because Tim Cain was actually talking to me about this - Tim Cain designed the Stronghold, Josh then requested redesigns.
I do think that Josh's design changes were extensive, but Tim Cain was involved every step of the way - and he likes the final version - even if it is different from the original design he had.

If that makes sense.
Sawyer came in and made it less fun? Makes perfect sense.

Weasel
I have a neighbor who goes around wearing badges of the flag on his hat and sings the hymn as he walks around but he is a nutjob who doesnt get hit over the head every five minutes out of pure pity, or because people just dont want to waste their time.

YDUMUEm.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom