Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Screenshots at PC Gamer

Moth

Learned
Well, that makes me inexorably happy. To be fair, I probably read it from a shitty source and I only believed it because of how long it has been since I saw the information I never scrutinized it properly.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
How was part 1 anyway? I put off playing it on release to avoid being blue balled by the six month intermission.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought Part 1 was decent. The fights felt better than the main game. Durgan's Battery itself was nice, since you slowly piece together what happened. Moreover, the Watcher abilities actually play some sort of role in the quests.

I did not like the new companions all that much. The Devil of Carroc felt flat, but she has one of the better ending slides, if you beat the main game afterwards.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I gotta say that if the make Pillars 2 using the same engine I for one would not have much to complain about; how good can this style of graphics look anyway and what effects could anybody want? I dont think even the harshest detractors had anything bad to say about the graphics in this game

Fry

Arcane
There was and is plenty of complaining about spell effects obscuring characters, but everyone seems to like the environment art.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
Yeah, I've seen a lot of complaints about fights becoming a confusing light show where the player can't see/understand what's going on. I play pausing a lot, so I wasn't as bothered but in fights with too much spells/effects I can see merit in the complaint. They could solve it by making the effects less flashy but with so many different spells/abilities you'll really need to pause and check the log and your party to see what is affecting them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom