Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Piranha Bytes acquired by THQ Nordic

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
ELEX's combat happened to be worse than fucking Skyrim or Fallout 4
you dont like non deterministic hit boxes of elex?
Can you not read, or is this your deterministic system > RNG meme?
Now, a disclaimer, I haven't tried ELEX even though I finally got it on PS4 during sale, but (((((((IF))))))) ELEX's combat happened to be worse than fucking Skyrim or Fallout 4, I guess I'll kill myself.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The combat in Risen 1 is fast and responsive. When you attack, parry or dodge it happens almost immediately.

All games post Risen 1 have slower melee attack animations, enemies interrupt your attack mid swing more often and Elex makes it worse with adding stamina and having too many enemies with ranged weapons.

While I generally agree with the sentiment, the bolded part is definitely not true. The abudance of ranged enemies in ELEX is one of its major strengths to me, especially when compared to the entire Risen series, where you could count the number of dudes with ranged attacks in each individual game on one hand.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:
Now, a disclaimer, I haven't tried ELEX

even though I finally got it on PS4 during sale
So, what the hell are you even arguing for, exactly?

I don't give a shit about defending Bethesda titles, as I happen to have basically a hate boner for them since the dawn of software development, and I would probably pick the worst PB game over any of theirs while blindfolded with the confidence of doing the better choice.
And if I say the combat in ELEX is absolute, unmitigated garbage even by their standards, it's not because I like to bully the Germans.

Metro you can shove your "retarded" rating over your oversized hairy ass.

P.S. Bonus:

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Man gets triggered by forum emoji. Internet shocked.

Black Angel

Arcane
So, what the hell are you even arguing for, exactly?
I could say the same to you when you said you're 'unsure' that Bethesda's games has worse combat than ELEX.

I don't give a shit about defending Bethesda titles, as I happen to have basically a hate boner for them since the dawn of software development, and I would probably pick the worst PB game over any of theirs while blindfolded with the confidence of doing the better choice.
I don't care, but to proclaim that you're 'unsure' that Bethesda's games has worse combat than ELEX is just stretching it. Bethesda's games, at least the ones I've played (Skyrim, Fallout 3, and unfortunately to a lesser extent even New Vegas by virtue of using the same engine) has the absolute, objectively worse combat among all action RPGs. If there's a truth of all truths, it's exactly this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom