Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pirates of the Burning Sea looks f***ing kick ass

errorcode

Liturgist
well, for you folks not blessed to live in the US of A I believe we're doing a simultaneous release across Europe (and i believe AU too). We signed a distribution deal with Koch for most of Europe and Akella for Russia. I'll go pester someone about solid AU info though, since now i'm curious.

I believe with signing these distribution deals, that also means localized server clusters. So i don't think you'll need to be too worried about being forced to connect to US servers at asstastic pings.

One thing i did just see was that we just announced that european pre-sales will start dec. 12th, which includes:
An invitation to the “Pre-Boarding Party” allowing them access to the live game up to 15 days prior to launch, and the ability to keep their characters, skills and equipment after launch with purchase of game and paid subscription (characters will have a level cap of 20 during this time)

Captain’s Best Friend – a blue and yellow parrot

Mighty Blades - Swedish Rapier, Old World Steel or Musketeer’s Matching Blades (depending upon which fighting style is selected)

Original Game Soundtrack CD – 60 minutes of pirate themed music (comes in pre-order box)

(same as US pre-orders. No playing favorites here)

psycojester

Arbiter
Any news on scumming free beta keys. I really want to kill Darksigns pirate now that i've seen him.

errorcode

Liturgist
i talked to our community guy yesterday and he said he'd send me a couple, but then he got waylaid by other shit.

i've set a cunning and elaborate set of traps around his desk this morning though, so when he gets in he won't be able to quickly escape me.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
hm this looks interesting, which is quite a feat for an mmorpg...

how does it compare to that piece of fucked up design that is bounty bay/voyage century online?

errorcode

Liturgist
i can't really say, since i took one look at voyage century, started laughing, and then never bothered looking again.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
hmmmm....

is it to late for some opportunism and bugging you about a key?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
why, errorcode, you talented... human being, that game you are involved in seems such a genuine, refreshingly innovative mmorpg with pirates.. say, mein giddy old chap, could you organise your 5-minute-old friend SB one of those fancy beta codes, prt prt pls?

sorry, i'm not good at nonaggressive opportunism that doesn't involve me calling other people idiots....

errorcode

Liturgist
meh, it's the codex. i'm fully prepared for aggressive opportunism that includes calling folks idiots at the very least.

but your attempt was appreciated :)

errorcode

Liturgist
not so much anymore. If you're a fileplanet subscriber you can try and get one through them. In a couple weeks folks should be able to get beta keys all over the place.

I'm just trying to get my hands on a couple for folks here, get them in a little bit early (and not have to deal with Fileplanet)

Ryuken

Liturgist
Eurogamer is giving beta keys away for free as well. You just have to be a registered member there I believe.

If anyone wants to have my key, just say it, I am afraid that the beta client is a bit too large for me. 5 GB is about half of what most internet users in my country can download/upload per month.

jeansberg

Liturgist
Ryuken said:
Eurogamer is giving beta keys away for free as well. You just have to be a registered member there I believe.

If anyone wants to have my key, just say it, I am afraid that the beta client is a bit too large for me. 5 GB is about half of what most internet users in my country can download/upload per month.
Give it to me. :)

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
nice, eurogamer worked.
[21:17:40] Patcher: Downloading en_us_data.dat [dloadsize=3959648; totalsize=12328091; crc=247680083]
[21:18:46] Patcher: Warning: File size does not match: Local 12328737 vs. server 12328091, possible mid-push. Please try again or restart the application.
meh.... at least it seems i'm not the only one with that kind of problem.

errorcode

Liturgist
hrm...thats funky. i'm forwarding that to the guy in charge of our patches.

Let me know if it keeps being an issue and i'll see what i can find out on this end.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Does open beta start today?

I'm going away for the weekend, so will I be able to jump in Monday?

Sae

Novice
errorcode said:
"o man that was my last dur point you dick!"

I was recently given a warning by a GM for saying "fucking" in battlegrounds chat in WoW. From what I've gathered, they'll actually suspend/ban me if I do it a couple more times. Which I would have to say is pretty fucking retarded, since the game has a language filter. But I can't complain much, since it was my mistake playing WoW in the first place.

Can I expect something like this to happen to me in PotBS?

errorcode

Liturgist
i don't know, i swear a lot in chat and haven't been yelled at yet. And no, i don't have a "I'm a dev" account where i could get away with breaking the rules.

I'll ask around and find out what the rules are on that, because i agree that getting suspended or banned for swearing when we have a fully capable language filter in place is fucking stupid.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
errorcode said:
Let me know if it keeps being an issue and i'll see what i can find out on this end.
issue's gone (was either randomly retrying, or switching off av software and raid utilities), but now the streaming is really really slow... ah well, gives me time to read up on the game a bit.

psycojester

Arbiter
Rolled up my first character today, his face seemed locked in a permanent scowl of hatred and frustration.
navel.jpg

Naturally i felt a deep personal connection to him.

Bonus nerd points if you can identify where his name came from.

Astromarine

Erudite
erm, what bullshittery is this? I got the key from Eurogamer, but they're telling me to get the client from fileplanet, where THEY tell me I need a FP subscription to download it?

psycojester

Arbiter
You need to be a member of file planet to download the client, you don't actually need to subscribe.

Rhett Butler

Scholar
I like the look of this. I have wanted to like an MMO for a while now, but...well I don't think I really need to explain why that hasn't happened yet. Sadly five gigs is exactly my monthly download limit, and I have already used about 4.7-4.9 this month. Beta testers be sure to make lots of detailed and opinionated posts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom