Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pirates of the Burning Sea

anus_pounder

Arcane
Just google'd it on a whim and discover it went freemium at some point. Has anybody here got the chance to try it ? How is the PvE content ?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Never went for it. I could download it off Steam I suppose....but man...there's so much games already -

anus_pounder

Arcane
Well, It should've been kind of obvious considering the setting, but this is very PvP intensive. Expect to be ganked, both intentionally and unintentionally. PvE does exist and its not as if the game is completely lacking in that area, but on the whole, the game places a lot of emphasis on PvP. In other words, the game is SHIT.

Uncharted Waters Online blows this turd out of the water (haha pun), but the problem is bots and idiots who spend money on in game items. Also multiboxers. If they could only get rid of those issues it would be the best Ship based MMO in existence. :(

anus_pounder said:
I heard Uncharted has quite a grind though. I suppose as long as we aren't talking about korean mmo levels, I can bear it, but still...

It's definitely grindy. I wouldn't play it now anyway for the aforementioned reasons. It will just piss you off in the end. Also, the game requires a great deal of coordination with other people from your selected country (ie England), so that could be an issue as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom