Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Places your bets: Fallout 4 Metascore

What will be the Fallout 4 Metascore range?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pippin

It's just me or people just kinda lost interest in Fallout 4? I get the impression that the first weeks will concentrate most of its purchases, with some peaks here and there during sales. Gaming seems to be centered around hating the newest AAA release these days...

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
It's just me or people just kinda lost interest in Fallout 4? I get the impression that the first weeks will concentrate most of its purchases, with some peaks here and there during sales. Gaming seems to be centered around hating the newest AAA release these days...

Doesn't surprise me that people hate the newest AAA releases when they are getting worse by the year.

pippin

Yeah, that's a given, but you haven't heard Bethesda boasting about sales numbers or anything. Those 12 million were shipped copies, not sold copies. Even EA did it for DA:I. I kind of suspect their marketing department is having serious discussions right now.

Fairfax

Arcane
Yeah, that's a given, but you haven't heard Bethesda boasting about sales numbers or anything. Those 12 million were shipped copies, not sold copies. Even EA did it for DA:I. I kind of suspect their marketing department is having serious discussions right now.
I think they'll save those discussions for after the GOTY award season. If they don't get many of the high profile ones, then it'll be a problem (for Fallout, TES is a different beast). This is very likely, considering most journos reviewed the game without doing much in it, so they never got tired and/or frustrated with the game's issues and shortcomings (the ones who gave it high scores, that is).
The game also has much tougher competition than DA:I. The Witcher 3 got very high scores, and unlike DA:I, it's still highly regarded by players. Add Bloodborne and MGS V, and it'll be tough for Fallout 4 without bribes.

I mean, this is the Skyrim Legendary Edition cover:

81rwetLHTwL._SL1500_.jpg

"More than 200 game of the year awards"

Not happening this time around.

svvvs

Educated
This will not stand for too long. Somone somewhere at the moment F5ing his bank account

Lemming42

Arcane
Fantastic, better than we could ever have hoped for, but we just need it to go down one more point to have it beaten by NV.

It's also good to see the user scores have stabilized where they have, I thought they'd probably all end up around 7.

CrawlingDead

Learned

Doesn't surprise me that people hate the newest AAA releases when they are getting worse by the year.
Well, when it comes to Bethesda games and the RPG genre, sure. But there have been some great titles this year, AAA or not. Fallout 4 is just not one of them, which is funny because everyone was saying how it was going to be the biggest game of the year, nope, and rightfully so. It was just a bad RPG. The bethfans don't want to admit it, but the reviews speak for themselves.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Recently noticed that even Dragon Age Inquisition now has a slightly higher metacritic average than Fallout 4 on the PC and PS4. Game journalists really giving Bethesda a "tired of your bullshit" message. A victim of their own Skyrim-megasuccess.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fallout 4 is a much better game than Skyrim though. More likely that it's not casual enough for the braindead game media.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
as I explained in detail elsewhere, fallout 4 is more complex than fallout 1 (which isn't a big feat because fallout 1 wasn't a particularly complex game to begin with). it's hilarious watching all the sub-room temperature IQ animals that ruminate on these forums shit themselves over fo4.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
as I explained in detail elsewhere, fallout 4 is more complex than fallout 1 (which isn't a big feat because fallout 1 wasn't a particularly complex game to begin with). it's hilarious watching all the sub-room temperature IQ animals that ruminate on these forums shit themselves over fo4.

Masterful trolling, sir.
:excellent:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Hilarious how Metal Cuck V has such a high Metacritic user score.

zuFoSQw.png

The Cult of Kojima is stronk, Cult of Howard failed.

pippin

The Cult of Kojima is stronk, Cult of Howard failed.

Kojima was already a rockstar when Todd started working in Bethesda though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom