Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Planescape: Torment has bad writing

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
You ain't the only one that reads, Lacrymas . Any novelist worth a damn would look at Planescape's abhorrent writing style and shallow themes and consider it garbage. Rightfully so.

The gameplay aspect sucks too. Planescape is more JRPG than CRPG, and has some of the worst combat design ever. Why play a crappy visual novel, when you could read a much better fantasy series instead?

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
safav is losing it, before he came out as naive, genuine and as if he honestly was a fan of games he talked about; but he seems to be out of ways to poison the Codex. and so like a gossamer veil falling from a leg of a beautiful woman revealing old skin and ugly tattoos showing what a cheap whore she really is, safav true ugly nature shows itself.
:negative: Why are you people that naive and blind??? I was calling him out from the beginning,he is most likely a writer on Deadfire or a retarded shill,sjw for certainty. It was pretty obvious what he was from his writing.

Mortmal

Arcane
safav is losing it, before he came out as naive, genuine and as if he honestly was a fan of games he talked about; but he seems to be out of ways to poison the Codex. and so like a gossamer veil falling from a leg of a beautiful woman revealing old skin and ugly tattoos showing what a cheap whore she really is, safav true ugly nature shows itself.
:negative: Why are you people that naive and blind??? I was calling him out from the beginning,he is most likely a writer on Deadfire or a retarded shill,sjw for certainty. It was pretty obvious what he was from his writing.
No , just another of those dudes that dont enjoy gaming and is only here for the drama and freedom of speech. No money ,cant afford any hobbies at all, so he's as much boring as he's bored.

Codex Year of the Donut
No , just another of those dudes that dont enjoy gaming and is only here for the drama and freedom of speech. No money ,cant afford any hobbies at all, so he's as much boring as he's bored.
poor people just pirate games

Mortmal

Arcane
poor people just pirate games
He dont like games , you cant pirate anything else, thats why shitposting on the dex is the only alternative.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
from another thread...
retarded02.png

retarded03.png

retarded01.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
the 'game design has made important advancements' is kind of genius line tho. top-tier kek.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
aweigh he is spamming that shit everywhere mate,while praising dumpsterfire.
Going out , having a nice meal , a cocktail ,that's a few hundreds euros, at least for me last time. So cant blame kids for shitposting , there's not much to do.
If only he was born a easterner,it is like 50 euro to have a nice meal and get hammered in some club.

Codex Year of the Donut

Mortmal

Arcane
Going out , having a nice meal , a cocktail ,that's a few hundreds euros, at least for me last time. So cant blame kids for shitposting , there's not much to do.
If only he was born a easterner,it is like 50 euro to have a nice meal and get hammered in some club.
that's your annual salary though
And apparently they dont even have pina colada either...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
that's your annual salary though
Nah,more like day or three work,depends on the job.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Why play a crappy visual novel, when you could read a much better fantasy series instead?
Because I want to experience the story of PST?

You will find thousands of novels with better writing and no shitty combat sprinkled in. I'd argue the same for games too, because Planescape's superfluous pretentious writing is on the lower end of the spectrum.

Planescape is one of those games you aren't allowed to criticize, especially here of all places. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be criticized though. Here of all places.

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Wow, didn't knew that Bulgarian people have such good salaries, in some other countries in Eastern Europe it's 1/4 monthly salary (because salary only once in month). No wonder why your country in European Union.
Stop generalizing whole bunch of different countries, just because you got slightly better salary (thanks European Union) and cheap food (thanks EU again I guess, because in some other countries of Eastern Europe situation with prices much worse, hell, there even shitty McDonalds counts as fancy restaurant because high prices, while it's supposed to be a fast-food).
I am sorry to everyone for continuing talk about salaries, but I can't sometimes stand a wall of lie and propaganda about Eastern Europe being nice place, while people trying escape this hell at any cost.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Which are these thousands of better fantasy, or whatever genre PS:T is, novels?

I am sorry to everyone for continuing talk about salaries, but I can't sometimes stand a wall of lie and propaganda about Eastern Europe being nice place, while people trying escape this hell at any cost.

What Eastern European country are you from? Moldova?

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I was speaking about all fictional literature in general, but if Tolkien, Erickson, Sanderson, Rothhuss, or Hobbs played Planescape they would say it has bad writing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Wow, didn't knew that Bulgarian people have such good salaries, in some other countries in Eastern Europe it's 1/4 monthly salary (because salary only once in month). No wonder why your country in European Union.
Stop generalizing whole bunch of different countries, just because you got slightly better salary (thanks European Union) and cheap food (thanks EU again I guess, because in some other countries of Eastern Europe situation with prices much worse, hell, there even shitty McDonalds counts as fancy restaurant because high prices, while it's supposed to be a fast-food).
How about you stop talking about shit you don't know about??? Go emigrate to germany and enjoy the high life of a toilet cleaner!

Lacrymas

Arcane
I was speaking about all fictional literature in general, but if Tolkien, Erickson, Sanderson, Rothhuss, or Hobbs played Planescape they would say it has bad writing.

Did you just google "best fantasy authors" and picked five at random, lolololo?

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Believe it or not, I do actually read fantasy novels every once in awhile. Always start with the best.

That's beside the point though. None of those people would ever consider Planescape even remotely worthy of being considered good. Are you going to tell me otherwise?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yes, I am going to tell you otherwise. How do you know this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom