Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape:Torment question

John Syron

Novice
I've just left the Tomb near the Drowned Nations dungeon, the one that only the Nameless One can survive and get the portal keys from. When I returned to the Drowned Nations, I was able to get Dakkon to rejoin the group, but Morte is still floating there and I can't speak to him. (Both Dakkon and Morte's circles had changed from green to blue, but I can't change Morte's circle.)

I will reload to an earlier version of the Tomb level, but I was wondering if this is a bug or what's going on. Thanks.

John Syron

Novice
Planescape:Torment

After glancing at a walkthrough, I've answered my own question. Getting Morte back is one of the game's quests. Never mind.

("What's this I keep hearing about Soviet Jewelry?") --- SNL

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Actually, you have to get Morte back when he's literally gone, not when he's in plain sight. So if you can't speak with him it must be a bug.

John Syron

Novice
Planescape:Torment

Thanks. Yes, it might have been a bug; I was able to get Morte back after I started the game again last night.
Today I reached the Lower Ward for the first time and saw Morte get taken by the wererats, etc.

Great game, Torment. It probably sounds stupid but I enjoy the quests which help the NPCs as much as I enjoy the exploration; it's like Fallout in that way.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It doesn't sound stupid at all, it's a great game in a great setting. Enjoy!

John Syron

Novice
Planescape ending and other questions (SPOILERS)

I finished Planescape:Torment last night. Not a bad ending, but not as good as in the Fallout series. A few questions:

1. In the Under Sigil dungeon, was anyone able to open the gate in the north central area that had been sealed?

2. I felt a little bad for Ignus when you have to kill him and he says "Forgive me master, I have betrayed your teachings/failed you" (or words to that effect). Is there no way to save Ignus at that point? I guess it's not really your fault anyway in that it was your previous incarnation that had broken Ignus as an apprentice. I don't think the game should have thrown away Ignus at this point, but I can see both sides of this.

3. I would have liked to see Curst after it was returned from the Carceri area. Did anyone else notice that when you return to the Smouldering Corpse bar, Ebb is back and says to you "Nice job back there." (I didn't have him pegged for an Anarchist before the warehouse, but that's the point anyway I guess -- no one would think him an Anarchist type.)

4. After Ravel's maze, I stopped by the midwife/witch's place and had a final conversation with Ravel. A nice touch, typical of the game's detail. Did anyone else stop in to see the midwife?

5. In the Ward area, there are coffin-shaped objects in the streets that when you check them, the text says only that they're unknown or unusual looking. Did anyone figure out what they are?

A great game overall, and I feel let down now that it's done. I'm looking forward to buying Arcanum as one of my next games. I will miss the characters Annah and Fall-From-Grace.

John

Platter

Educated
Re: Planescape ending and other questions (SPOILERS)

John Syron said:
1. In the Under Sigil dungeon, was anyone able to open the gate in the north central area that had been sealed?
You can't open it.

John Syron said:
2. I felt a little bad for Ignus when you have to kill him and he says "Forgive me master, I have betrayed your teachings/failed you" (or words to that effect). Is there no way to save Ignus at that point? I guess it's not really your fault anyway in that it was your previous incarnation that had broken Ignus as an apprentice. I don't think the game should have thrown away Ignus at this point, but I can see both sides of this.
If you are Evil you fight Vhailor instead of Ignus. If you are Evil and you have him in your party when you leave for the Fortress, when you resurrect him on the Fortress roof along with the rest of your party members, you send him to the Elemental Plane of Fire (where he wants to be).

John Syron said:
3. I would have liked to see Curst after it was returned from the Carceri area. Did anyone else notice that when you return to the Smouldering Corpse bar, Ebb is back and says to you "Nice job back there." (I didn't have him pegged for an Anarchist before the warehouse, but that's the point anyway I guess -- no one would think him an Anarchist type.)
Ebb is actually a triple agent - his true allegiance lies with the Harmonium.

John Syron said:
5. In the Ward area, there are coffin-shaped objects in the streets that when you check them, the text says only that they're unknown or unusual looking. Did anyone figure out what they are?
You mean those things in the Clerk's Ward? There's nothing in-game that explains them.

John Syron

Novice
Thanks, Platter.
I'm currently playing "Homeworld"; not an RPG of course, but fun and challenging. With 16 levels, it's too short but it's still a good RTS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom