Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape Torment walkthrough - no longer a virgin

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
"It is part of the telling of how our People came to know freedom. It lets us know that there are those, even among the People, who are not of the People. And that even in the greatest treachery a greater knowing may be achieved.

CRAP, I did not realise this lot are all over the web. As is the text of the teachings. Would have saved me a lot of time. Although typing it out has sort of fixed the story in my brain.

Fantastic story actually, best bit to come I think. That stuff knocked me back a bit.

It only gets better. Enjoy.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
A Mage of 9 Constitution seems to give only ZERO HP on a level up. Completely lame. I would reckon you would get at least 1 HP unless their die has a zero on it. PISSING ME OFF. That's twice now.

You don't get HPs when levelling in a class whose level is lower than that of the highest class you've got (I assume fighter), until you surpass it. Afterwards, you should start getting your HP on once you get there.

Loving this thread, makes me want to replay Torment and brings back a lot of memories from my first time playing PS:T. Rock on!

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
When I played this game I was so engrossed with story that I didn't really put together what really made it great.

Yes the writing is very strong, but the setting, the tie-in of lore and story in temization and player choice as a package is impressive. A consistent, coherent world, language.

Each race and detailed character are not silos of information, but members of the created world with warts, backstory, strengths and reasons for being where they are and who they are, because of and support of the setting and narrative. It really is a masterpiece of design.

Prime Junta

My favourite (minor) character is Mourns-for-trees. Probably because encountering him the first time was when the game "clicked" for me, when it truly sank in that no sir, this isn't your ordinary D&D dungeon crawl.

Shape

Educated
Awesome write up man. Makes me wanna replay Torment pretty bad, sucks that its unplayable these days.

Shape

Educated
Awesome write up man. Makes me wanna replay Torment pretty bad, sucks that its unplayable these days.

Then how is Lord Azlan playing it?

Not sure if he has modded it or not, but what I meant is that I have bought it on GOG long time ago and for some reason when I run Torment with the high-res mod it starts with 1-2 FPS... I tried messing around with the config of my PC and some patches but to no avail so I gave up a couple years back.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter

Then how is Lord Azlan playing it?

Not sure if he has modded it or not, but what I meant is that I have bought it on GOG long time ago and for some reason when I run Torment with the high-res mod it starts with 1-2 FPS... I tried messing around with the config of my PC and some patches but to no avail so I gave up a couple years back.

I had a few problems getting a version to work. Which is partly, a very small part, explaining why I have never played it. This version seems to work okay and I just decided to play it through all the way now because in any second it might stop working.

Thanks for reading.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Patience... you'll do a bit of plane shifting eventually. Though admittedly that aspect was probably cut in scope due to lack of time/resources.

As for machines in the Planescape settings... ever heard of Mechanus?

Btw. there's one epic offensive spell opening a portal to this plane you might eventually learn. Not to mention a certain artifact and an optional recruitable character.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Patience... you'll do a bit of plane shifting eventually. Though admittedly that aspect was probably cut in scope due to lack of time/resources.

As for machines in the Planescape settings... ever heard of Mechanus?

Btw. there's one epic offensive spell opening a portal to this plane you might eventually learn. Not to mention a certain artifact and an optional recruitable character.

Cool. Thanks. Not heard of Mechanus unless it is something I missed. The machine aspect to the game feels a bit strange as I don't remember it being normal in the D&D settings although my experience of that was in my youth. PoE had machines, though not D&D.

I think I remember speaking to someone from a plane where there were metal machines or something and I though he could be an android or something.

Prime Junta

You're not halfway yet. You're about at the point where the mysteries start to slowly unravel.

I can't wait to see what you have to say about my favourite area 'cuz you're not there yet.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Cool. Thanks. Not heard of Mechanus unless it is something I missed. The machine aspect to the game feels a bit strange as I don't remember it being normal in the D&D settings although my experience of that was in my youth. PoE had machines, though not D&D.

I think I remember speaking to someone from a plane where there were metal machines or something and I though he could be an android or something.

Granted the Mechanus machines are more like absolute Law/Logic and visually more steampunk in nature.... rather then alien, like your impression with the Silent King's hall. But the planes are a realm of countless possibilities...

Hint: It's sometimes worth itto try to talk even to unnamed NPCs.
You've made some progress on the Unbroken Circle. But the reason for Dakkon's behaviour is not that the lack of it's understanding. Sure he's lost and insecure... but that is more of the result then the cause...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom