Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
How far is Amon from a building, the corn fields, or other objects he can run to attempt to avoid these guys? https://youtu.be/MUG9VzHoEoc/
Dodge to disengage: [1d100] = 42 vs 58 = Success.

Direction based off of answers to the first question.
(At a dead run) Amon is about 2 MOV away from the southernmost house on the map (above) and 5 MOV away from a watch tower along the palisade wall.

I'll head for the watch tower as it is probably a better place to try to fight. The goal is to get them to only be able to take me on one at a time.
Make 3 successful Dodge rolls to disengage and leap for the ground to get to the wall on your turn (or you can always throw caution to the wind and subject yourself to 3 free attacks and get away that way).

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr will take another aimed shot. I'm getting "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred." from Unseen Servant. I'll try again later.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sure enough there are men on horseback inside the pool of oil . . . a spark sure would be handy right about now.

Rhenmyr tracks his previous target and let's fly.
Careful Aim (103): [1d100] = 6 Definitely a special, a crit if the fraction rounds up.
Damage: [2d6+1] = 9+1 = 10, [2d6+1] = 7+1 = 8
Bonus:[1d3] = 2
Total damage: 20
All fractions in BRP round up, so a crit. There's no blocking critical and special missile attacks.
Rhenmyr sends an arrow flying over a hundred yards across the open ground and his arrow plants fletching-deep inside one of the rider's visor of his helm and topples over backward over his horse.

Horseman tries to parry Borric's maul (55%) [1d100] = 11% Special! The horseman again deftly turns Borric's maul aside and counterattacks with the rim of his shield. horseman's riposte (55%) roll [1d100] = 13% damage [1d4] = 2 damage. Success. (parry or dodge or let your armor try to absorb the blow).

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán puts his will into the fire rune and sparks the oil near him with his blade.
It must be the Keltic Bard's lucky day? (you did roll a Special on your Luck roll . . . ) Only the riders appear to be standing inside the puddle of naptha, not Borric or himself. Suddenly flames leap to life and the horses rear and make life hell for their mounted riders.
3-7 riders inside the oil spill [2d3+1] = 4+1 = 5
fire damage [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5, [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6, [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2, [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7, [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

Several horses are badly burned and all 7 near the round house force their riders to get them under control: Riding rolls (55%-20%= 35%): [1d100] = 44%, [1d100] = 61%, [1d100] = 41%, [1d100] = 36%, [1d100] = 48% All five wounded horses break and buck their riders to the ground (into the flames)
Riding rolls for non-injured horses/riders (55%): [1d100] = 46%, [1d100] = 63%. Only one rider remains in the saddle just beyond the leaping flames. At the sight of Marcán's (clearly) magical blade, and with their leader slain by Amon, this lone rider decides discretion is the better part of valor and spurs his mount and wheels around making for the gate 100 yards away or so (he's not engaged being that he's outside the circle of flames, so he's not subject to free attacks for fleeing). Likewise, the lone remaining wagon drover decides he's seen enough and whips his mules into flight across the uneven road making for the gate.
(FYI, there are 5 injured riderless horses, and 1 uninjured riderless horse. Five riders subject to burning damage once it bypasses their armor in 1d6 rounds and it will take the men on the ground a successful dodge roll to get to their feet (or they might fight prone, but probably won't since they are laying in the midst of burning oil).

Amon is again attacked by the three riders wielding maces:
Attacks vs. Amon (55%): roll [1d100] = 30%, [1d100] = 47%, [1d100] = 26% Three normal Successes. Llywelyn ap Gruffydd parry or dodge as you wish.

Grimgravy The last rider covers enough ground to get within about 30 yards before Rhenmyr is able to knock another arrow, giving him the ability to shoot on his Dex rank at the top of the next round before he can close the gap.

Round 3 (Dex Ranks)
18 Rhenmyr
16 Amon
14 Borric
11 Riders (5 on their backs in the flames, 1 on his back outside of the flames, 2 dead, 2 fleeing, 2 around Amon and 1 at Rhenmyr's location).
9 Marcán

Last edited:
Parry 1:Orichalcum shortsword parry = [1d100] = 87 vs 91 = Success.
Parry 2: Orichalcum Shortsword Parry = [1d100] = 2 vs 61. Critical Success!
Riposte: Orichalcum Broadsword Attack = [1d100] = 56 vs 91= Success. Damage = [1d8+1] = 5+1 = 6
Parry 3: Orichalcum shortsword parry= [1d100] = 68 vs 31= Fail. Armor: [1d4-1] = 3-1 = 2

Amon yells in between the attacks.

He barely parries the first weapon out of the way. "Look, your other lads are on fire!" He deftly parries the second attack and makes one of his own, finding its mark on his opponent. "You've angered the fire wizard now and better run before it's too late!" His luck runs out on his third opponent. "Gah, oof."

Fast talk:[1d100] = 28 vs 46 = Success!

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
So one rider is approaching ambush 1. I'm on the roof of a larger wooden structure if I recall correctly. Do I have cover or concealment relative to the rider below? Could I hide or am I already spotted?

nikolokolus

Arcane
So one rider is approaching ambush 1. I'm on the roof of a larger wooden structure if I recall correctly. Do I have cover or concealment relative to the rider below? Could I hide or am I already spotted?
You're pretty sure you're spotted. The two riders broke off and charged your position after you launched your first arrow. You could certainly climb to the peak of the roof and drop down the other side with a successful hide roll (There are some intermittent trees between you and the last rider, so he could possibly lose sight of you if you timed it correctly.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Parry 1:Orichalcum shortsword parry = [1d100] = 87 vs 91 = Success.
Parry 2: Orichalcum Shortsword Parry = [1d100] = 2 vs 61. Critical Success!
Riposte: Orichalcum Broadsword Attack = [1d100] = 56 vs 91= Success. Damage = [1d8+1] = 5+1 = 6
Parry 3: Orichalcum shortsword parry= [1d100] = 68 vs 31= Fail. Armor: [1d4-1] = 3-1 = 2

Amon yells in between the attacks.

He barely parries the first weapon out of the way. "Look, your other lads are on fire!" He deftly parries the second attack and makes one of his own, finding its mark on his opponent. "You've angered the fire wizard now and better run before it's too late!" His luck runs out on his third opponent. "Gah, oof."

Fast talk:[1d100] = 28 vs 46 = Success!
Rider attempts to parry Amon's riposte (55%) roll [1d100] = 87. Successful attack vs. Amon inflicts [1d8-2] = 4-2 = 2 damage. Armor roll vs. Amon's riposte [1d8] = 2. In the flurry of exchanged blows Amon takes a minor flesh wound (2 damage) and Amon manages to turn aside a mace swing and chop at the man's arm, inflicting a heavy wound in his shoulder. Amon's bravado about a "fire wizard" makes the men turn and glance over their shoulders and causes them to rethink how things are going for them, matched as they are against a skilled swordsman who seems to move like a blur. Morale (55%-20%=35%) roll [1d100] = 26%, [1d100] = 43%, [1d100] = 23%. The man who was just wounded by Amon yanks on the reins of his horse and seems to be on the verge of bolting, but his other 2 comrades stand firm (for now).

Round 3 begins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom