Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Look at this magnificent beast! It's a shame we had to put it down. And a shame about Borric's pony." Rhenmyr looks into harvesting the gryphon.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Hopefully mine has found Cormac. Thankfully we were able to fell the beast before we lost more horses." Marcán attempts to pluck a few feathers as a souvenir.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"If Borric wants, he can take my horse. Damn thing was a pain to ride anyway." Mab strokes the beak and mutters.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric shakes his head, "My thanks, drune, but I think I'll run, I'd have a better chance of keeping up on foot than you would."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Grimgravy Make a World Lore roll to see if you know something about the rumored properties of gryphon organs and bits. Additionally a Nature roll is needed to skin it and/or extract anything from it, like a pelt or other organs (same rules apply to anybody with an interest in the thing).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán has heard that the liver of a grphyon is supposedly an ingredient for an antidote against poison if properly decocted and decanted. It's claws are also said to be a powerful reagent in healing potions and the brassy scales-like feathers on its neck and forebody are rumored in stories to have been cured into a highly pliable and light suit of armor for certain mythological heroes, but you haven't the faintest idea how to harvest them. Luckily Ker is at hand and understands what needs to be done.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The sun has dipped below the row of hills to the west. Cormac is still at the base of the mountain -- a ten minute descent and probably three times that for him to ascend. The valley below is barren except for some scrubby heath and dense willows lining the bank of the stream that runs south through the U-shaped valley. By your reckoning it would probably take at least an hour or two to get to the other side and up the jagged tor of rock known as Broken Crown, which you saw in Aphrodisias' vision. The pale aquamarine moon Selene hangs overhead at about 1/4 full and casts a poor light this evening. Thick fog is starting to gather down in the valley spreading up from the south out of a wide marsh.

Siveon

Bot
How much... materials do we get outta the beast, and who's holding it?

"So, shall we head for the Broken Crown, then?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
So what all did we manage to salvage from the gryphon and how long did it take for butchering?

"I don't think we want to camp near this mess. So it's press on or camp in the valley." Rhenmyr states cutting himself a gyrphon steak (and heart if that wont take forever to get to) to eat later.

nikolokolus

Arcane
How much... materials do we get outta the beast, and who's holding it?

"So, shall we head for the Broken Crown, then?"

So what all did we manage to salvage from the gryphon and how long did it take for butchering?

"I don't think we want to camp near this mess. So it's press on or camp in the valley." Rhenmyr states cutting himself a gyrphon steak (and heart if that wont take forever to get to) to eat later.

Depends on what you're doing. If you just want to cut out its liver and take its claws that's a matter of minutes, not hours. Properly skinning the gryphon might take a couple of hours.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr wants the heart, some meat, some claws, and some feathers. How long to get all the feathers to share around? Is that the long part or is it getting the 'lion' pelt?

nikolokolus

Arcane
If any horses did run down the hill he would try to scoop them up.
It didn't quite come to that. You saw one horse trotting down switch-backed trail, but it was run down and reined in by Marcán
Rhenmyr wants the heart, some meat, some claws, and some feathers. How long to get all the feathers to share around? Is that the long part or is it getting the 'lion' pelt?
The gryphon's "hood" (head-to-breast) is where the metallic, brassy feathers are -- almost like thin, very tough scales. That is the part that is rumored to be useful for making a suit of "scale" armor and would take an hour or two (depending on the degree of success or failure of a nature roll). Working it into a suit of armor would require a craft (leatherworking) roll and the degree of success will determine how much of the the scaly "feathers" you salvage. A failure or fumble means the hide is ruined, a normal success means enough hide for one suit, a special would be two suits worth, and a critical would mean two suits of exceptional quality.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"This creature is a bounty too great to ignore. I propose those with the know-how retrieve it's useful bits while the rest set up camp in the valley below. Then we can get an early start tomorrow."

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"I wholeheartedly agree. It's the least we can do to respect the natural order. Hunt and be hunted, but do not kill unnecesserily"
Ker works with Rhenmyr on the corpse, extracting everything valuable Marcan tells them about.
"I say we also bring its head with us. Some people might be glad to learn that the path is now clear."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Can we instead preserve its corpse as best we can and move on? We could perhaps have our Pict friend take a look at it later."

Siveon

Bot
"I'm with the barbarian, as rare of a beast as it is, we shouldn't dawdle."

nikolokolus

Arcane
It's very cold here up on the windswept west face of the mountain. At most the sun probably casts its wan rays for no more than a couple of hours this time of year (early spring). There are still patches of snow clustered around boulders and the north facing side of the couloir that forms the pass. It might be possible to drag the gryphon's carcass to a snow bank and preserve it that way. (So long as scavengers don't get into it).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom