Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr and Ker are for butchering. Borric and Marcan for pressing on in the dark. Cormac is at the bottom of the hill. What do Mab and Urash want to do? Wayward Son L'ennui
Perhaps some of us can butcher the gryphon, the rest can press on and set up a camp at a likely spot and the first group can catch up. Yeah, yeah. Don't split the party.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Rhenmyr and Ker are for butchering. Borric and Marcan for pressing on in the dark. Cormac is at the bottom of the hill. What do Mab and Urash want to do? Wayward Son L'ennui
Perhaps some of us can butcher the gryphon, the rest can press on and set up a camp at a likely spot and the first group can catch up. Yeah, yeah. Don't split the party.
Perhaps we should at the very least have an advance line scout ahead, we do have hostages in peril after all. nikolokolus how much ground can one or two of our best riders cover if we press our horses real hard in the night? Siveon Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Grimgravy Wayward Son thoughts?

The gryphon could wait, and we might as well let the Picts have a go at it.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I could probably sneak through the woods to our target if you want, and if it's close enough

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán is more than willing to scout ahead with others, but he's shit at stealth.

Nitpick: Did we actually move? I don't think we're close enough to set the fire with Cormac.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
An advance scout would be good. Normally Rhenmyr would volunteer for that but he's set on digging in. Nature already rolled and all.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Perhaps we should at the very least have an advance line scout ahead, we do have hostages in peril after all. nikolokolus how much ground can one or two of our best riders cover if we press our horses real hard in the night? Siveon Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Grimgravy Wayward Son thoughts?

The gryphon could wait, and we might as well let the Picts have a go at it.
Borric scans the slope and the valley trying to guage how hard it would be to ride over at night. In your estimation, you'd be risking a horse breaking an ankle on the uneven, hummocky ground with such poor light, but if you walked your horses it would be possible to press on through the night.

L'ennui

Magister
Alternatively, there's always the old "send the bird" trick, but alas my little friend is not much good at describing what he finds, and power points are an expenditure that need to be kept at a minimum on the road.

Wayward Son

Alternatively, there's always the old "send the bird" trick, but alas my little friend is not much good at describing what he finds, and power points are an expenditure that need to be kept at a minimum on the road.
I could always use Bird's Vision if you need to keep your MP up.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron

Teamwork again! I can say in our live game, I can see through my owl familiar's eye's and it helps with scouting tremendously. Bird sight on his bird friend would be much the same.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Give to me your hair-brained schemes and plans!

Currently Cormac is at the base of the mountain attempting to gather fuel for a fire (Make a Nature roll Llywelyn ap Gruffydd)

The horses have been gathered and brought back under control. People are hunched around the Gryphon pointing hopefully at places to start skinning it, extracting its claws or where a gryphon's liver might even be. Ker sagely instructs as only a person accustomed to authority does and stands over the proceedings with an air of cool detachment. Dusk is gathering around you all.

Meanwhile, across the valley on the top of Goron Torri ("Broken Crown") a strange sight catches everyone's eye. A heavy mist is gathering around the summit in the gloam. and at the heart of this mist is an eerie green nimbus of light suffusing an area that must be at least 100 feet across or more. From this distance (at least 5 or more miles as the crow flies) it's impossible to tell what the source of this faint glow might be.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cormac hunts around on the ground and finds enough reasonably dry willow branches near the stream that bisects the valley to get a small fire going in a shallow depression. You glance up the hill towards your comrades wondering what in the hells could be taking them so long. However, you're a Kelt and you remember that there's a small flask of whisky tucked into your sporran, so all is well.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Looking at the mist and green glow across the valley: "That can't be good."

L'ennui

Magister
Let's do that.

Looking at the green mist and frowning, the Acadian concurs: "No, it can't."

Urash brings his rook to his face, whispers some instructions and holds it out toward Mab. "I believe our small friend wants to show you something."

Could the bird make it to the mist within the duration of the Bird's Vision spell?

Wayward Son

Mab casts the Bird's Vision spell on the bird.
"What the bloody hell? I can't seem to get the spell to work."
Edit: Not knowing the rules.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Let's do that.

Looking at the green mist and frowning, the Acadian concurs: "No, it can't."

Urash brings his rook to his face, whispers some instructions and holds it out toward Mab. "I believe our small friend wants to show you something."

Could the bird make it to the mist within the duration of the Bird's Vision spell?

The range on your spell is sight, so even though the light is starting to fade, you should be able to spot the black crow against the sky for awhile. Once you cast the spell it lasts for a number of rounds equal to your POW. A round is 12 seconds long.

Mab casts the Bird's Vision spell on the bird.
Casting skill vs 66=85
"What the bloody hell? I can't seem to get the spell to work."
When you are not under duress, spell casting is assumed to automatically succeed (basically) this is because there is no loss of Magic Points, so no real consequences. Save casting rolls for stressful situations

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think we should still roll for magic, if only in hope of an awful critical failure and bodily corruption :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom