Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by nikolokolus, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    "Of course Borric."

^ Top  
  2. Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Learned

Llywelyn ap Gruffydd
    "I hope it's not a ward."

^ Top  
  3. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    ANSWER (open)
    An Alchemy check? You mean use your Potions skill? . . . Umm I guess so?

Alternatively you can makes a difficult 'World Lore' roll or a simple Casting Roll. Beyond that certain spells might be of use here as well.

^ Top  
  4. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    Show Spoiler
    Oh well then right-o. Dunno why I chose a potions check. I'll do a quick casting check then. Rolled 36 vs 66 Casting.

^ Top  
  5. L'ennui Magister

L'ennui
    Show Spoiler
    World Lore check for Urash, if it's allowed:[1d100] = 23 vs 104

^ Top  
  6. Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Learned

Llywelyn ap Gruffydd
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    Cormac and Mab, immediately divine that this is a rune of protection. Urash recognizes it as a very potent symbol of Law; a ward against Chaos.

^ Top  
  8. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    "A Protection Rune? Hm. Wonder what it could be protecting against?"

^ Top  
  9. L'ennui Magister

L'ennui
    "I don't think one has to wander very far before coming under threat in these parts. If this protects the dwellings, it is a good omen."

^ Top  
  10. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    "If giant frog monsters and whatever killed the horses can't cross it, it would be good. Hopefully we wont trigger it." Rhenmyr tentatively steps onto the circle leading his horse across.

^ Top  
  11. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    Steeling himself against the inevitable disaster this probably awaiting him, Rhenmyr takes the lead and lightly crosses the boundary of the circle, and . . . nothing!

Nothing whatsoever, terrible or otherwise, happens to him.

Emboldened, the rest of the troupe follows after and crosses the heavily pitted, blue-stone bridge to the other bank. When you get to the other side, you look to your left and see three figures standing still on the track in the middle distance -- no more than a mile or so off. After a few moments, one of them breaks off the other two, and seems to be running for the hillfort about two or three miles away.

^ Top  
  12. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    "That fellow no doubt is rushing to prepare a warm welcome for us. Torches and pitchforks, I'd wager!"

^ Top  
  13. L'ennui Magister

L'ennui
    "It should come as no surprise that our arrival is to be announced. I doubt this place gets many visitors."

Urash waves his hand at the two remaining distant figures in a gesture of salutation.

^ Top  
  14. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    "So, friend or foe? Any way of knowing?"

^ Top  
  15. L'ennui Magister

L'ennui
    "Perhaps if we mention Brule, Crannogmere and our tenure there, we can tip the scale in favour of "friend". One can always hope..."

^ Top  
  16. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    "Back in my village, visitors were always a big commotion." Mab calls out in Pictish to the other two who stayed, "Hail friends. May we exchange names, if it pleases you?"

^ Top  
  17. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    Mab goes a little bit ahead and pulls up about 100 yards short of the two lean men, who stand warily with Spears held casually at their sides. His exhortation causes the two to lean in and confer.
    Show Spoiler
    Wayward Son make a charisma roll

^ Top  
  18. Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Learned

Llywelyn ap Gruffydd
    "We can mention Brule and Crannogmere, but they might not be on friendly terms with them. We should tread carefully until we know if they are friend or foe. I would really enjoy a dry, safe place to sleep tonight."

^ Top  
  19. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    Show Spoiler
    Pass! By the skin of your teeth.

The two men seem to relax their posture a bit and one of them slowly raises a hand gesture of greeting.

^ Top  
  21. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    Mab continues in Pictish, "My name is Mab Ystyfnig, from a village far from here. These are my friends. May I ask your names?"

^ Top  
  22. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    One of the men shouts across the undulating, hummocky ground, in a Pictish dialect, "I am called Gerbus and this is my son, Deagal." He pauses for a few moments conferring with the man at his side, "What village would that be? A'int no villages west nor north of Dinas Dardanii."

^ Top  
  23. L'ennui Magister

L'ennui
    "Greetings, friends. I am Urash of far-away Kor. We arrive to you here from Crannogmere, where we helped the villagers shake off the yoke of evil monsters and tyranny. We come to your steading in the hope of finding rest and dwelling. We intend no trouble and will abide by your customs."

^ Top  
  24. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    Mab looks wistfully to the horizon, "My village... well, it was more of a wandering clan. I wouldn't know where it is now for many reasons. Among these, it has been so long and I have traveled so far that I wouldn't remember where our traditional camping spots are."

^ Top  
  25. nikolokolus Arcane

nikolokolus
    The man called Deagal, lets Urash and Mab speak and pauses for several moments before turning to his son. Both men shrug their shoulders at each other. Deagal finally speaks, "Well strangers, I don't ken any "Kore," and I a'int ne'er 'eard o' any wandering Picts, but if that's who you say ye are, then that's who you are. If you folk are friendly and up for a bit of trade, then you have our hospitality. Ye'll probably want to get up to the village and talk with our hetman, King Segovax; he's always keen for news and tales from outsiders . . . I'm guessing if you lot come from the "Auld Brig" then you've got a story or two worth 'earing. My son Gerbus will lead you yonder." Deagal pats his son on the shoulder and he tentatively steps forward and closes the distance between Urash and Mab. Deagal, returns to his nets laid out on the sward near his boat.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)