Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"I don't want to try for a floating island that may or may not be there. Cursed stone doesn't sound appealing either. I'm not keen on ferries after Zelkor, so Prigwort and Clewd's Retreat sound better to me."

nikolokolus

Arcane
to get to Prigwort and Clewd's retreat, you'll need to head east towards Dreg and then take the Shanty Wood Isle ferry to get across Hameth Rill. I'll whip up a very rough map that Moggle shows (drawn in the dirt).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle takes out a piece of parchment and a stick of charcoal and hastily scrawls out a map of the region according to his recollection.

3OWcXCS.jpg

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"I say we take the longer route. We came here to save our friend, but there's no point if we don't all make it out of here alive. That includes our helpful guide."

L'ennui

Magister
"You are cautious and wise, friend..."

Urash leans closer to his comrades, whispering so as not to be overheard.

"... but we do not know how time passes in this strange place, and if we stay overlong we shall be trapped here forever, heroic rescue or not. That is another risk we must consider, and not the least it seems. Speed is of the essence."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Perhaps there are others heading that way we can join."

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Mab looks up after seeming to have dozed off and says, "I say we take the slower route. Time is of the essence, not only for us, but for Oona, however, it matters not how fast our trail is if we don't live to see her safe and home."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle listens intently and nods curtly, land ooks back over his shoulder, "OK. Now that that's settled I suggest we move quickly."

From across the square about a hundred or so feet away, you see a gang of burly looking "men" walking briskly in your direction. They are wearing leather aprons, are bare-chested, are holding various implements in their hands: A pair of tongs here, a few hammers, there, and the largest and meanest looking of the bunch is slightly out in front carrying a maul of black iron. As they get closer, you start to question your initial assessment of "men" These are more like giants -- eight to ten feet tall and half-again as wide. The largest and clearly angry giant bellows across the square and points, "There 'e is lads! Grab th' little bleeder 'an bring 'im to me!" From Moggle's reaction and the giant's pointing, you're all pretty sure he's marking the the diminutive Cat-man.

Moggle turns and grins sheepishly, "I highly encourage you to run!"

Moggle deftly vaults up to the sign hanging above Hornstoat's and swings himself up to a narrow window ledge about 10 feet off of the ground, draws his poinard and puts it into his teeth and starts looking around himself, perhaps for another place to jump or climb to.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric bellows a mighty roar and stands in front of the giants, " Whatever your grievances against the cat, he will pay our debts first."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Ugh. Withdrawing seems prudent." Rhenmyr checks to see if the path to the gate is clear.

L'ennui

Magister
"Don't overstay your welcome, friend Borric!" Shouts Urash as he yanks Solon back and away from the giants, looking for a corner he could turn quickly to break line of sight with them.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As Borric Steps into front of his companions to confront the half-dozen giants, the largest in front pulls up short and holds his hand up to halt his companions. "Who you little man, to keep Sreng from thieving grimalkin? You step aside, or Sreng flatten you like griddle cake into the mud!" He hefts his mighty maul in one hand for effect and slams it down into the muddy ground, which cause a slight tremor to reverberate across the ground.

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Ugh. Withdrawing seems prudent." Rhenmyr checks to see if the path to the gate is clear.
The gate is to your right about 100 yards feet away and aside from a half dozen curious gawkers is open. The two guards you encountered earlier are craning their necks to see commotion, but aren't barring the gate. To your left is a narrow twisting avenue about ten feet wide, that appears to curve around deeper into the village. Overhead about twenty feet up is a gangway that crosses from Hornstoat's roof to a two-storey, rundown apartment.

Other catwalks and stairwells crisscross overhead from building to building around the square in a mazy tangle.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Borric laughs at the giant's display. "If you are going to be like that, fine. Don't weep later when you find that the thief has hid the goods exactly where you'll never look for them."

I think I'm screwed. Might as well play it out.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sreng bellows, "Aha! You are accom . . . Accomp . . . Friend to thieving rat-eater! You give back to Sreng his property or Sreng feed you to the hounds!" The meaty giant motions to his comrades to fan out.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash spots Rhenmyr approaching the gate and shoves Solon forward. "Go with him, if you know what's good for you! Go!"

Tracing back his steps, Urash peaks over a corner to see Borric standing defiantly in front of the giants. He steps into view and loudly shouts "You'll have to forgive this thrall, he was beaten on the head too severely last time he misbehaved and he's been spouting nonsense ever since! He's Malbleat's property now, though, I was just about to take him to his new owner. We wouldn't want to damage Malbleat's thrall, would we?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr approaches the guards. "This place would be more prosperous without the ruffians disrupting peace and commerce! Some brute calling himself Sreng is menacing people in the street with a hammer!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
The two guards look at each other as their eyes go wide, "Oh shit! Sreng?!" The smaller Skrixxax whines to his large slow companion Mog, "C'mon, let's get the fuck outta 'ere!"

The scrawny green-skinned guard and the fat sallow-skinned guard snatch up their spears and exit the town gate, hustling down the plank road.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom