Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Playstation Now - Sony streaming service - coming to PC!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
While we're at the Sony Playstation ground - they recently introduced 2-step verification, really late and only waves after waves of hacked accounts reported.
Maybe this is somewhat related to this news (more security for new service?) who knows, I never owned anything from Sony except PSP, which was online dead already.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, although these two are some of the less hardware taxing games. I don't know how would an Uncharted game look like for example.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Good thing they're including PS3 games since 99% of PS4 games to date are utter shit.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
LOL, if you give a british address, you can use this in Hungary.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

PS4 games are coming to Now: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/13/playstation-now-stream-ps4-games-in-2017/

As many of you know, PlayStation Now lets you stream hundreds of PS3 games — currently 483 to be exact — to your PS4 and Windows PC.

We’re excited to announce that PS Now’s catalog is set to grow even further, as we’ll be expanding to include a new platform: PlayStation 4 games. All of the games in the service, including PS4 games, will be included with a single PS Now subscription. We’ll share more information as we get closer to launch, so stay tuned.

In the next few weeks we’ll kick off a private test with PS4 games on PS Now. If you’re an active PS Now subscriber, keep an eye on your email in case you get an invitation.

If you’re new to PS Now, the subscription service offers access to a large and ever-expanding library of games. Since PS Now utilizes our cloud streaming technology, you can access the entire catalog of games, select one, and start playing quickly without needing to wait for downloads.

Also, PS Now uses cloud saves, letting you start a game on PS4 and continue playing on another PS4 or even a Windows PC (or vice versa).

If you haven’t given the service a try yet, now’s the perfect time to give it a spin with the seven-day free trial.

Here’s a list of some of the most popular games on PlayStation Now during February:
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Mortal Kombat
  • WWE 2K15
  • The Last of Us
  • Mafia II
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • NBA 2K14
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution
  • Batman Arkham Origins

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
As much as I am opposed to the idea…
If they bring Last Guardian and FF15 they have a customer .

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I though about getting it for RDR but these days you can get PS3 for cheap anyway so why bother (years passed but still have awful net)? To taste some decline? nothx

mwnn85

Savant
I'd think I'd rather give money to either PCSX2 or RPCS3 plus there's Xenia for Xbox360.
It'll only be a matter of time before those projects mature - they've got Red Dead Redemption & more going.
Beetle PSX HW already does a decent job with Playstation era stuff like Symphony of the Night and Metal Gear Solid.

Not a fan of all these bullshit streaming services which are in abundance - where you don't own anything physical (or drm-free at the very least)

In the distant future I believe we'll all be able to pickup fairly powerful amlogic box, boot linux + libretro, plugin a controller and play most anything.
All the newest Mali chips support Vulkan and there's work being done to open source the hardware.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Why would anyone want to stream a video game? Sounds ghey.

By the way, fuck your emulator garbage. The games are garbage through an emulator.

Go buy a PlayStation if you were too much of a homosexual to have one. Up to the PS3, they were the best consoles.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
I have been trying this over the last few days.

It is the closest thing I have seen about a "gaming Netflix" so far. And pretty much like Netflix, you do not want this to replace the standard and only nice way of game distribution : DRM less, download and play on your own computer. It has graphic artifacts over wifi but the input lag is not something to kill yourself about if you are not into super competitive stuff.

Still, when you don't feel like playing your hardcore RPG or e-sports bullshit, it's nice to be able to sit on your couch and enjoy a couple of games without bothering too much. It's brutally honest at what it is : renting games, as opposed to the dishonest way of letting you "buy" a game and having a kill switch in some other continents.

Don't diss too much that kind of things ; it's here to stay anyway and it's likely that in the next 10 years AAA games are released in that way and that way only.

deama

Prophet
I hope this does not take off at all, how the fuck would I even speedhack games? Can you imagine playing disgaea at 1.00x the speed? Fuck off!

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Okay, I now withhold anything I said about this. It is shit.

The input lag is horrendous. Everything you play with that is just "kinda working" , but even if you do not expect perfection or not into competitive gaming, it's terrible. For example, it's almost impossible to aim precisely in Killzone.

A bit strange in a way, I have been using Steam home streaming for a while now and THIS is just a lot better than PS Now, even over wi-fi where input lag is unnoticeable in most cases and games . ( I have been playing Zelda BOTW with perfect picture quality and controls with that.).

Brb, canceling my free trial.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Okay, I now withhold anything I said about this. It is shit.

The input lag is horrendous. Everything you play with that is just "kinda working" , but even if you do not expect perfection or not into competitive gaming, it's terrible. For example, it's almost impossible to aim precisely in Killzone.

A bit strange in a way, I have been using Steam home streaming for a while now and THIS is just a lot better than PS Now, even over wi-fi where input lag is unnoticeable in most cases and games . ( I have been playing Zelda BOTW with perfect picture quality and controls with that.).

Brb, canceling my free trial.
tenor.gif

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
The worse thing about this is that it's just one or two steps away from being actually great. I have no problem with picture quality, and I am pretty sure games that do not rely on reaction time are perfectly enjoyable this way. But really, that half a second delay before anything happens kills the entire thing. It's playable, and I'm quite sure I could complete the games this way but at every moment it feels off and makes me wonder why I'm not buying the game cheap on PSN or emulating it via PCSX2. It's a super strange way of playing. I guess the problem is not my connection but distance to server ? Once again, I home stream from my desktop all the time and sometimes even over wifi, and it works maybe not perfectly but it's still an enjoyable experience and a good enough alternative to locking myself in my own room away from my family when they are still awake :)

I'm not completely dismissing the experience, though, but for other reasons. Should a PS4 exclusive that I want to play appear there, I would still totally renew my subscription just to play it, especially if it's a RPG.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

With upcoming competitions, Now drops price by half: https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...ta-v-god-of-war-more-blockbuster-games-added/

PlayStation Now Subscriptions Start at $9.99 Monthly; GTA V, God of War, More Blockbuster Games Added
Grand Theft Auto V, God of War, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and Infamous Second Son comprise a new range of marquee titles available for a limited time.

PlayStation Now is the first and only console game subscription service that uses cloud technology to deliver an unprecedented breadth of games through streaming and downloading. Today, I am truly pleased to announce new updates to the service that take our subscription gaming efforts to the next level.

Starting today, PS Now will be offered at a more compelling price that is comparable to other entertainment streaming services on the market. Current customers will see this new pricing reflected in their next billing cycle. The new prices will be:
  • US: $9.99 – monthly / $24.99 – quarterly / $59.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)
  • CAN: $12.99 – monthly / $34.99 – quarterly / $79.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)
  • EU: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly / €59.99 – yearly (from €14.99/ (N/A)/ €99.99)
  • UK: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly / £49.99 – yearly (from £12.99 / (N/A) / £84.99)
  • JP: ¥1,180 – monthly / ¥2,980 – quarterly / ¥6,980 yearly (from ¥2,500 / ¥5,900/ (N/A))
We currently have the largest game library of any console game subscription service, with more than 800* games available. Starting today, we’re adding more blockbuster content that includes some of the most highly played and critically acclaimed PS4 games ever. Check out the first wave of new content below, which is available for three months.
  • God of War
  • Grand Theft Auto V**
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
These games will be available from October 1, 2019 until January 2, 2020. Each month, the service will add a new selection of marquee games that will be available for a limited period. The marquee content is on top of the existing offering of popular evergreen titles that are added to PS Now on a regular basis.

Since PS Now’s expansion earlier this year, we now cover 19 territories and 70% of our PS4 user base. This provides an opportune time for us to begin our first global marketing campaign for the service, including the first-ever PS Now TV spot:

Using our cloud gaming technology, PlayStation Now offers choice to subscribers with how they want to access their gaming content. Gamers can choose to stream hundreds of PS4, PS3 and PS2 games available on their PS4 or PC devices, or download more than 300* PS4 games on their PS4 system. Some downloaded games support DLC and other user-purchased add-ons, as well as PS4 Pro enhancements. Seven-day free trials are available for new customers. You can find more information on www.psnow.com.

We’ve been in the cloud gaming business since 2014, and we have had many key learnings along the way to ensure we deliver a service that meets the needs of gamers. We want to thank all of you in the PlayStation family for being on this journey with us, and together, we are excited to push cloud gaming forward as the world of gaming continues to evolve.

*Content library may vary by region
** Grand Theft Auto V is available to download and stream via PS Now at launch; Grand Theft Auto Online and Rockstar Games Social Club will be available for users that download GTAV at launch. Online features, including Grand Theft Auto Online and Rockstar Games Social Club, are currently only available in the downloaded version.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I will never support this stuff, but like with my Diablo 3 "boycott" it will mean nothing and it'll take off like wildfire and the concept of owning media will seem like a weird joke in 30 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom